• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Glow-On glow in the dark gun sights, Q&A please post your questions, be nice.

This is a discussion on Glow-On glow in the dark gun sights, Q&A please post your questions, be nice. within the Glow-On forums, part of the Forum Sponsors & Commerce category; Question: will it stick to my gun sights, everything I've tried comes off easily. Good question, here is the answer: Home Page | Products | ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Forum Sponsors & Commerce » Glow-On » Glow-On glow in the dark gun sights, Q&A please post your questions, be nice.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:47 PM   #1
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 46956
Glow-On glow in the dark gun sights, Q&A please post your questions, be nice.

Question: will it stick to my gun sights, everything I've tried comes off easily.

Good question, here is the answer:

Home Page | Products | Advantages | Gun Sights Paint | Fishing Lures | Electronics | Stars Paint | Bead Work | Nail Art | Steel Bracelet | Tips & Support | Gallery | Video Tutorials | Purchase | Contact Us | Free Bracelet Winners | Site Map

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Visit us here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Gatopardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-20-2012, 10:59 PM   #2
Official Site Vendor

Glow-On gun sights paint. Glow in the dark gun sights. Will it glow all night long?

Question: Glow in the dark gun sights. Will it glow all night long?

Answer: Yes it will, a few users might contradict this statement. But somehow things have a way to prove themselves, just spill some Glow-On on your pajamas and you'll find out soon enough if it does glow all night long. It does .
Not only that, you are bound to find out that no mater how many times you wash your pajamas, the glow does not diminish with use.

Of course the glow has a cycle, it starts very bright, it will almost illuminate your whole room. Then fades slowly, all, night, long.

Visit us here:
Old 03-20-2012, 11:05 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 71421
What's the typical shipping time for Glow-On?

-
Springfield XD40 Sub-Compact
Glock 27
Colt M1911
S&W Model 29 .44 Mag
S&W Model 10 .38
Springfield M1 Garand
1938 Mauser Luger
-
Rights not used are rights lost, just like muscles. So flex your rights!
μολὼν λαβέ
mattsweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #4
Official Site Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsweet View Post
What's the typical shipping time for Glow-On?

We ship via USPS. We ship every day except Sundays and Holidays.

USPS delivery time in the USA usually takes 2-5 days.

In rare occasions, packages get stuck in big distribution centers or get destroyed in route or are returned if the recipient doesn't have a mail box, etc.
However this is a small percentage and we have been able to overcome all the limitations USPS has, by keeping communication with our customers and keeping tacking numbers.

Visit us here:
Old 03-25-2012, 11:44 AM   #5
Official Site Vendor

Gun sights paint: Can you include a small brush in the future?

Quote:
The applicator included in the package is a bit thick, I used a small brush I had laying around, can you include a small brush in the future?
Thanks for the question.

Small brushes seem useful when you start, but they tend to accumulate the solids inside the bristle and it becomes difficult to have a thin tip to work your gun sights.
There is an easy and quick solution. All we need is a pair of scissors to cut the tip at an angle, like on the sequence that follows:

Visit us here:
Old 03-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #6
XDTalk Member

Member #: 70249
Do you apply it over the stock white paint on the sight, or do your remove the white paint on the sight first? Thanks
doctorpong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:17 PM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 46317
How do I know how much to order im thinking about applying to the window and door locks in my car as they do not light up
bushmaster ar15 with with eotech 516
keltec sub2000 g19
winchester lr22 model 190
Mossberg 500a
Gamo big cat
Smith & Wesson. BODYGUARD 38special revolver
Utas uts-15 eith laser/flashlight
blizzzarddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:34 PM   #8
Official Site Vendor

Do you apply it over the stock white paint on the sight, or do your remove the white

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorpong View Post
Do you apply it over the stock white paint on the sight, or do your remove the white paint on the sight first? Thanks
If the white paint is in good shape just apply a bead over it, just wipe it off with a paper towel and alcohol.
You could remove the paint, if you wish. It's just a n extra step.

Visit us here:
Old 03-25-2012, 11:49 PM   #9
Official Site Vendor

How do I know how much to order im thinking about applying to the window and door loc

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzzarddemon View Post
How do I know how much to order im thinking about applying to the window and door locks in my car as they do not light up
Glow-On might not work for your project.
There is usually enough illumination around vehicles to operate door locks and such.
Glow-On is more of a solution for very, very dark places like your bedroom in the middle of the night, etc. TV remotes, alarms, light switches etc. are good candidates.

If you still would like to try, I'd recommend you apply it where it's visible but it won't come into contact with your fingers.
The paint feels dry to the touch, but it will take at least 24 hours for it to harden enough so it wont be accidentally removed.

PM me and I'll send you a sample so you can see how it works, first hand experience is best. Your project is a "maybe it'll work" thing so I cannot in honesty charge you and guarantee it. If it is fishing lures, gun sights, or if you plan to use the self adhesive form on switches, alarms, remotes, etc. I guarantee you you'll be pleased with the results.

Glow-On is a great product but it is not miraculous. It might not work for every project.

Visit us here:
Old 03-26-2012, 12:43 AM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 71372
if i seal the glow on with a clear coat or fingernail polish would it diminish the glow or the charging capacity?

also not a question but more of a tip, i use to mess with alot of glowing things and also black lights. did you know that if you use a black light tube, bulb, or led. it will super charge any glowing material to the maximum. you as a company could make a good bit of money selling a small keychain with a small single led black light to "insta-charge" the sights to max. it takes less then the time of a cameras flash to charge them. it would also make your product even more "epic" for lack of a better word.
Taurus TCP 380
Mossberg ATR 100 30-06 Night Train
Saturday night Special 5 shot 38.
20 gauge single shot long barrel shotgun
Sold or Traded:
Mossberg Maverick 88 18.5 6 shot "Swat"
China made SKS modded into Dragonov
38 spl Cobra Derringer
Walther P22
Glock 17
Current Project:
Building a SASS out of a DPMS lr-308 24
7oxSin is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Forum Sponsors & Commerce » Glow-On

Search tags for this page
glow in the dark cerakote

glow in the dark gun sight paint

glow in the dark gun sights

glow in the dark paint for gun sights

glow in the dark pistol sight paint
glow on paint colors guns daytime
glow pistol sites
gun sight stick
handgun glow in the dark sights
iron sight glow fiber
is sight glow any good for gun sights
m&p 15-22 glow in dark
orange or lime green which is easier to see with the human eye bow sight
putting paint on s7w shield
radioactive paint for firearms sights

what color gun sighy is best for daytime

Click on a term to search for related topics.