• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Glow-On glow in the dark gun sights, Q&A please post your questions, be nice.

This is a discussion on Glow-On glow in the dark gun sights, Q&A please post your questions, be nice. within the Glow-On forums, part of the Forum Sponsors & Commerce category; Originally Posted by 7oxSin if i seal the glow on with a clear coat or fingernail polish would it diminish the glow or the charging ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Forum Sponsors & Commerce » Glow-On » Glow-On glow in the dark gun sights, Q&A please post your questions, be nice.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:56 AM   #11
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 46956
Great idea!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7oxSin View Post
if i seal the glow on with a clear coat or fingernail polish would it diminish the glow or the charging capacity?

also not a question but more of a tip, i use to mess with alot of glowing things and also black lights. did you know that if you use a black light tube, bulb, or led. it will super charge any glowing material to the maximum. you as a company could make a good bit of money selling a small keychain with a small single led black light to "insta-charge" the sights to max. it takes less then the time of a cameras flash to charge them. it would also make your product even more "epic" for lack of a better word.
Epic is a good word to describe this idea, we love the idea.
Did you have the chance to play with Glow-On yet?, please PM me I'll be more than glad to send you some product.
Regards, Gato.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Visit us here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Gatopardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-26-2012, 12:45 PM   #12
MRH
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 70774
This product seems very intriguing...whats the price point
MRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:38 PM   #13
Official Site Vendor

Glow-On luminescent gun sights; whats the price point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRH View Post
This product seems very intriguing...whats the price point

Starts at
Option 1: One small 2.3ml vial, one instruction sheet and one applicator individually packed.
US $9.89 + S&H

Visit us here:
Old 03-27-2012, 11:21 PM   #14
Official Site Vendor

Glow-On gun sights luminecent paint: How does it look in the daytime?

Quote:
how does it look in the daytime?
This should help. This are the most abused gun sights we have to exemplify the benefits of Glow-O Super Phosphorescent.
It basically works on any weapon sights.

Home Page | Products | Advantages | Gun Sights Paint | Fishing Lures | Electronics | Stars Paint | Bead Work | Nail Art | Steel Bracelet | Tips & Support | Gallery | Video Tutorials | Purchase | Contact Us | Free Bracelet Winners | Site Map

Visit us here:
Old 11-01-2012, 08:03 PM   #15
Official Site Vendor

Can you keep reviving the glow with an led flashlight indefinitely

Quote:
Can you keep reviving the glow with an led flashlight indefinitely or is there a point where the light will not revive?
Thanks,
Terry
The glow cycle can be repeated millions of time for a period of about ten years. 3-5 seconds of light exposure are enough to get you going
When exposed to daylight the response is almost instantaneous. In fact the material is always glowing but its glow is only perceived when one moves to a shady area
or one enters a building.

Find Glow-On at:
glow-on.com
Amazon.com Amazon.com
eBay

Visit us here:
Old 11-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #16
Official Site Vendor

Could you tell me which color has the best visibility day and night

Quote:
Could you tell me which color has the best visibility day and night?
mustang, OK
I'm particularly partial to yellow and green, if you want to have a day color on your sights.
That is, in daylight it looks yellow or green Vs. the greenish white which the Glow-On original shows.

Visit us here:
Old 11-02-2012, 04:20 PM   #17
Official Site Vendor

Glow-On: "A must have for gun owners"

Quote:
Do you take a us postal money as payment if so send let me know were to send it thanks
Yes, please calculate the price plus the shipping cost using our purchase page here .
Choose the product you are interested in.
click on the "add to cart" button and you'll be taken to the PayPal shopping cart.
Enter your zip code and click "calculate"
Now you know the total of the purchase.
At the bottom of this page there is a PO Box address where to send your money order.

Now, this is especially true for gun owners whom like us, have a collection of firearms:
Glow-On is a must have for gun owners. If you have a number of firearms, chances are you'll find it helpful for things like a nocturnal varmint inventory liquidation program or such.
Which, I'll say it, is hopefully the most action our firearms will see besides the gun range.

Visit us here:
Old 11-03-2012, 09:05 PM   #18
Official Site Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Rat
DANG, kind of expensive stuff!!!!!!!!!!
Respectfully and generally speaking, things are expensive if one doesn't have them when one needs them.
In other words, things that cannot be bought with money are expensive.

However I throw this over the table for consideration:

Considering one small vial will service more than two dozen guns, and, this is a conservative calculation.

Visit us here:
Old 11-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #19
Official Site Vendor

Glow in the dark gun sights paint question

Quote:
I have a question. I bought this and it doesn't seem to stay glowing for very long for me. I'm wondering if I applied it properly or not (most likely not). I had put a drop into my sights and then after it was dry I applied some more to build it up. I can hold a flashlight on it for 1 minute and go to bed but by the time I wake up 6 hours later - absolutely nothing. So, also can one get it off to reapply if I really did do it wrong. If so, how?
A bit of troubleshooting:
-The paint was mixed well before I used it, the solids tend to go to the bottom.
-Is the application thick enough? The dot on the cap of the vial is a good comparative point.
- To remove the paint, the easiest way is to pry it off with a plastic tool, fork, utensil, etc (not metal as it will scratch the finish on your firearm).
If the paint has been for a few months and it's very hard, use a cotton swab and a bit of nail varnish remover, touch the paint a couple of times. This will soften it and then rub it off. do this carefully, acetone will affect the finish on plastic pieces/parts of your gun and/or some finish. True blued finish will not be affected.

From our website:
For how long will it glow after full exposure?

Full charge can be achieved in a few seconds under a small LED flashlight.
Under daylight, this happens almost instantaneously.
Under daylight, Glow-On constantly emits and reflects light, making the transition from illuminated to dark areas very smooth.

The afterglow duration time is 1200 minutes until decay is complete (as tested at the laboratory).
This means the phosphorescent activity ends completely at that time. To the human eye it is perceptible 5-7 hours, depending on individual sensitivity.

The initial glow is very bright, brighter than tritium, and it starts to decay slowly for hours. If you have good night vision (natural human eye adaptation to the dark) the glow will be clearly perceived by you all night long, even if it is faint.
A couple of seconds under a led flashlight will revive the glow to its fullest.
This cycle can be repeated millions of times during the life of the product which is about ten years.

Home Page | Products | Advantages | Gun Sights Paint | Fishing Lures | Electronics | Stars Paint | Bead Work | Nail Art | Steel Bracelet | Tips & Support | Gallery | Video Tutorials | Purchase | Contact Us | Site Map

Visit us here:
Old 11-03-2012, 11:57 PM   #20
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 42478
Dude. 18 shipped for the double sized bottle plus the orange coloring. That's a pretty sick deal I think. I ordered mine. Excited to get it. Bought brite sights paint (non glowing) at my local range. Stuff is garbage. We will see how it compares.

Sent from my MB502 using Tapatalk 2
Backup Carry Weapon: Taurus Tracker 44Mag Snubnose
Non Lethal Carry: Sabre Red Crossfire 1.3%
Flashlight Carry: Streamlight Strion 74301
Carry Knife: Buck PakLite Skinner

divxrippimp is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Forum Sponsors & Commerce » Glow-On

Search tags for this page
glow in the dark cerakote

glow in the dark gun sight paint

glow in the dark gun sights

glow in the dark paint for gun sights

glow in the dark pistol sight paint
glow on paint colors guns daytime
glow pistol sites
gun sight stick
handgun glow in the dark sights
iron sight glow fiber
is sight glow any good for gun sights
m&p 15-22 glow in dark
orange or lime green which is easier to see with the human eye bow sight
putting paint on s7w shield
radioactive paint for firearms sights

what color gun sighy is best for daytime

Click on a term to search for related topics.