• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

That Glow-On, how long does it last when you use it on your sites?

This is a discussion on That Glow-On, how long does it last when you use it on your sites? within the Glow-On forums, part of the Forum Sponsors & Commerce category; Thanks for posting. That Glow-On, how long does it last when you use it on your sites? The paint itself will last for years with ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Forum Sponsors & Commerce » Glow-On » That Glow-On, how long does it last when you use it on your sites?

Old 03-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 46956
That Glow-On, how long does it last when you use it on your sites?

Quote:
Thanks for posting. That Glow-On, how long does it last when you use it on your sites?
The paint itself will last for years with good care, in any case it wouldn't take much effort to replace.
The glow material is charged by light and the cycle can be repeated infinitely for a period of ten years more or less. We've been around for a couple of years and we don't see any change on any of our tests so far.
How long it glows after a charge?

In terms of visibility I'll try to illustrate:
-A super bright glow, highly visible, even in the presence of bright : 3 minutes
-A hi glow, clearly visible in the presence of soft light: 10-15 minutes.
-A medium glow, clearly visible in the dark but not in the presence of light: 30-60 minutes.
-A soft white glow perceptible in complete darkness, eye adaptation to the dark is an important factor here: All night long.

I short, it goes from a very intense starting glow, then mellows out, fades to a ghost glow for hours. Some statement pointing to the fact that it would glow for only 5 minutes, are referring to the first stage of the glow and not the whole cycle.

Of course the intensity of the light is important, daylight is the best, which makes for good transition sights, it allows you to go inside a barn or shed and have your gun sights look very bright. A good 9 led flashlight ( U$5.00) is something good to have around for more than one reason, I can charge the gun sights in a couple of seconds, minutes are not necessary, tested.

Of course there are different sighting systems out there, lasers, red dots, scopes, and they strengths and weaknesses, nothing is perfect, and Glow-On is not the exception. But all tings being said, the fact remains: The great majority of firearms come equipped with plain iron sights or white dots, so there is a place for our product.

We have new good things coming and we are going to let you guys know before anyone does.

Home Page | Products | Advantages | Gun Sights Paint | Fishing Lures | Electronics | Stars Paint | Bead Work | Nail Art | Steel Bracelet | Tips & Support | Gallery | Video Tutorials | Purchase | Contact Us | Free Bracelet Winners | Site Map

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Visit us here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Gatopardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-17-2012, 11:42 PM   #2
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 39431
This looks interesting, I hope it holds up the the torture of daily use on a weapon.
TACC XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:53 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 71421
I just bought a vial. We'll see how it holds up through daily CC/OC and weekly range visits.

-
Springfield XD40 Sub-Compact
Glock 27
Colt M1911
S&W Model 29 .44 Mag
S&W Model 10 .38
Springfield M1 Garand
1938 Mauser Luger
-
Rights not used are rights lost, just like muscles. So flex your rights!
μολὼν λαβέ
mattsweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #4
Official Site Vendor

Glow-On gun sights paint will stand the test.

Please make sure it dries thoroughly and then apply a couple of small dots of transparent nail polish, it adds a smooth protective coat.
Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails is a good quality one

Home Page | Products | Advantages | Gun Sights Paint | Fishing Lures | Electronics | Stars Paint | Bead Work | Nail Art | Steel Bracelet | Tips & Support | Gallery | Video Tutorials | Purchase | Contact Us | Free Bracelet Winners | Site Map

Visit us here:
Old 03-18-2012, 11:31 PM   #5
Official Site Vendor

Glow-On gun sights paint FAQ

How long does it glow in the dark when exposed to light? , how
long do the dots glow in the complete dark if left in a gun safe for days on end?

I'll try to simplify.
Glow-On made of inorganic matter but behaves somehow like it is alive.
It absorbs light and in return it emits glow, this is called a glow cycle.
The brighter the light it absorbs, the brighter and longer the the glow it emits.
If you store your gun in side a safe, the Glow-On is like dormant, but, it will charge in a couple of second under a small tactical led lamp.

How long does the glow last?
A glow cycle goes like this:
Firs it absorbs light, a couple of seconds under a 9 led flashlight will get it glowing. It glows super bright for about the first 5 minutes. For the next 30-40 minutes the glow fades to a level where it can be perceived only in the dark. After that, for the next 6-8 hours it emits a whitish ghost glow clearly visible in the dark, if you have been in the dark for thirty minutes and your eyes are adapted to night vision.

*Some reviews to the fact that it only glows for 5 minutes are referring to the first stage of the glow.

In the presence of daylight, Glow-On remains charged, or it will charge instantaneously when you unholster your firearm, if you enter an enclosed area like a barn, your home, etc. your sights are very bright, saving brain cycles so you can focus on the task at hand.

So what is the real advantage of having Glow-on on your sights?
Well, white paint, colored paint or just plain military style iron sights don't glow.
So Glow-On adds something extra to he equation, for the price of a fast food lunch.

How long will the paint last?
I will last for at least ten years, the glow cycle can be repeated millions of times with no efficiency change.

Do I have to apply it often?
Not at all.

How do I take care of it?
After you apply it to your sights, you let it dry for 24 hours, apply a couple of layers of transparent nail polish to give it a smooth surface, that's it.
Just wipe the residue after a shooting session at the range with a wet paper towel.

What is Glow-On?
It is a concentrated premium phosphorescent paint made with special resins and solids, it dries solid to the consistency of synthetic cement, it is non flammable, non radioactive, non toxic.

What Glow-On is not.
Glow on is not a substitute for tritium, laser sights, red or green dots, scopes, night vision, tactical lamps or common sense. It can double as night sights, if you know how to use it, we don't recommend anyone to go into the dark shooting shadows, you'll need light, a tactical lamp or your home lights to see what you are about shoot.
It can also be used along some of this systems.

Is it perfect?
No it is not, but neither are the systems mentioned above, they will fail and Glow-On is not the exception (Murphy's law).

Visit us here:
Old 03-18-2012, 11:40 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 71421
I'm really excited to get it, actually. I do most of my walking at night, so it'll be a welcomed change to my sights. From what I read on the web site, it seems to hold up much better than standard glow in the dark nail polish, which I've used before with mixed results.

My wife has some clear polish. The problem will be the wait until it's all dry and ready for holstering. However, I believe the results will be worth it.

I'll thoroughly review it and get back to the forum for the results.

-
Springfield XD40 Sub-Compact
Glock 27
Colt M1911
S&W Model 29 .44 Mag
S&W Model 10 .38
Springfield M1 Garand
1938 Mauser Luger
-
Rights not used are rights lost, just like muscles. So flex your rights!
μολὼν λαβέ
mattsweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #7
Official Site Vendor

Glow-On gun sights paint gives those old beat up gun sights a second chance.

Everyone deserves a second chance including your gun sights

Visit us here:
Old 03-25-2012, 12:51 AM   #8
Official Site Vendor

Glow-On , premium super phosphorescent paint for gun sights.

"This is THE BEST GITD product by far! believe me, I've sampled around. BUY HERE!"
A real customers review

Visit us here:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Forum Sponsors & Commerce » Glow-On

Search tags for this page
best glow in dark long lasting gun sights
does glow in the dark pant glow all night long?
glow in dark sites m1 garand

glow on paint review

how long do glow in the dark sites last
how long do glow paint last

how long does glow in the dark paint last

how long does glow on last
how long does glow on paint last

how long does glow paint last

how long does it take your site glow paint to dry
how long does the glow in the dark paint last
how+long+does+glow+in+the+dark+paint last
long afterglow gun sites
siteglo reviews
Click on a term to search for related topics.