• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XD 9mm Sub-Compact W/LaserMax Guide Rod Laser "Problem"

This is a discussion on XD 9mm Sub-Compact W/LaserMax Guide Rod Laser "Problem" within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; I have a brand new XD Sub Compact 9mm and a brand new LaserMax Guide Rod laser. I installed the laser, when I cock the ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk » XD 9mm Sub-Compact W/LaserMax Guide Rod Laser "Problem"

Old 12-24-2008, 10:27 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 31645
Question XD 9mm Sub-Compact W/LaserMax Guide Rod Laser "Problem"

I have a brand new XD Sub Compact 9mm and a brand new LaserMax Guide Rod laser.

I installed the laser, when I cock the gun and release the slide slowly... in a controlled fashion with my hand vs. full speed spring action with the lever... the slide stops about 1/32 to 1/16 of an inch from being in position (the "cocked" indicator pin is flush with the back of the slide). Then I have to push it a little to go fully into position (not hard push, an easy push). It kind of clicks when I pop it fully into position. Then the indicator pin is out the back and the slide is flush with the front of the gun, everybody is happy etc.

It doesn't have this "problem" with the original guide rod and original springs.

If I cock it and flip the lever, and let it go full spring action, it is fine...

I hope I described this well, can anyone tell me if this is a problem or should I go put a few rounds through this dude. This gun has never been shot.

I'm new to guns, so I don't know much, if you can't tell. Although I learned alot when trying to pick out a CCW.

This was a Merry Christmas to me.

Last edited by livinglarge; 12-24-2008 at 10:29 PM. Reason: can't spell
livinglarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-24-2008, 10:33 PM   #2
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 13287
I don't have any experience with the lasermax, but why would ride the slide slowly into battery and not let it go by itself as it is supposed to? You said it does fine when you let the spring do it right?

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" -- Thomas Jefferson

Gun owner's prayer....
"Oh Lord, if I die, please don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told her they cost."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
longtalltechsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:56 PM   #3
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 30757
Do you feel the same spring tension when you cycle the slide with the laser as you did with the "stock" guide springs?

Does Lasermax recommend oil? If so, lock the slide back and put a drop or two on the now exposed inner guide rod. Have you checked your slide for oil? If dry, give it a little help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Vietnam Vet - Infantry Recon 69'-'71
Rattlebars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:58 PM   #4
XDTalk Newbie

by "battery", do you mean into "ready" position? If so, I guess it's because I don't know much, I figured I should be easy on it. Is it the norm just to let 'er rip? Yeah, it works fine, when I let the spring do it's job. It's just that the lasermax instructions said... something like... "let it into position slow, then cycle it a couple times". So I cycled it a couple times slow... to make sure something drastic wasn't wrong. I never forced anything. Just to be safe.

btw, I like the quote in the signature.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:00 PM   #5
XDTalk Newbie

laser max states their spring has a little less force than the stock spring, and they say no oil should be used period. I can't physically feel a difference between the stock spring and the laser max spring.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

9mm, compact, lasermax, problem, slide

Search tags for this page
laser for xd 9mm subcompact
laser springfield xd subcompact 9mm
lasermax for springfield xd subcompact
lasermax guide rod laser problems xd

lasermax springfield xd subcompact

lasermax springfield xd subcompact installation
lasermax xd9 subcompact
lazermax guide rod sprng issues

problems with lasermax guide rod

spring pin laser

sub compact 9mm with laser

subcompact 9mm laser
xd 9mm lasermax install

xd 9mm subcompact laser

xd sub compact guide rod laser
Click on a term to search for related topics.