• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

No Trigger Reset XD9

This is a discussion on No Trigger Reset XD9 within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; I recently put a Powder River trigger kit in which went very well except now if I don't get off the trigger fast enough, the ...

Old 12-20-2008, 09:12 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 29862
No Trigger Reset XD9

I recently put a Powder River trigger kit in which went very well except now if I don't get off the trigger fast enough, the trigger does not reset when the slide cycles. If I jiggle the gun or if I work the slide with my finger off the trigger then it will reset and I can get the next shot off. I shoot some indoor competition and it sure hurts the time when you have to work the slide. Any suggestions?
jpaudet is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-20-2008, 11:12 PM   #2
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 5032
you have some fitting to do, the lack of reset is due too much metal on the tab that hooks the trigger bar
Old 12-20-2008, 11:20 PM   #3
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 27142
It needs to be fitted. Does the frame flex when you pull the trigger?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

"SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM"
ThumperMX113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:51 AM   #4
XDTalk Newbie

In answer to your question, I can't see the frame twist but the trigger bar does torque slightly when it hits the overtravel stop. The safety lever that I installed does not seem to be binding so I'm not sure what parts need to be fit further. I ran 90 bullets through the gun Friday while shooting 6 stages in comp. It was only in the first stage that the gun acted up. However I can make the gun do it every time by keeping my finger on the trigger when I cycle it resulting in no tension on the trigger (no reset). The RO who also has done a trigger job on his XD (different kit), thought that I might have to increase spring tension. At this point I don't understand what's causing the problem which makes it difficult to fix. Thanks for the input!
Old 12-21-2008, 11:54 AM   #5
XDTalk Member

Member #: 29755
In the process of installing my trigger kit I ran into this problem... well, this stage at the bench. In my case, as someone else mentioned, you need to further fit the trigger bar. In addition, I highly recommend that you polish the contact surfaces. This greatly improved the feel of the trigger when I was done. So you don't have to go back and forth to the range, just test the reset by cycling your slide by hand.

Good luck.
fortinbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:19 PM   #6
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 1777
I had the same problem. I had to pull out the Striker Safety lever amd carefully file on the rear of the protrusion on the right side, near the bottom of the lever. At Daniel's suggestion, instead of just filing flat against the rear of the protrusion (trigger bar hook?) I also filed a slight bevel between the rear and bottom faces of the hook.

Before you do anything, though, I'd recommend that you call Daniel at Powder River Precision; he'll talk you through what you need to do.

Good luck,

Roger Shambaugh
Ottawa, Kansas
Roger Shambaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 04:42 PM   #7
XDTalk Newbie

I talked to Daniel at Powder River to verify the area that I needed to fit. After some filing on the back of the protrusion I was able to get a reset every time. Thanks to all for the quick and accurate information.
Jeff

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

powder river, reset, trigger, xd9

Search tags for this page
improving the trigger reset on my xd9

no trigger reset

no trigger tension on my xd what's wrong

prp xd trigger reset

trigger bar reset

trigger does not reset

trigger reset xd9sc
xd with no trigger

xd9 reset bar

xd9 reset trigger kit
xd9 subcompact no reset

xd9 trigger reset

Click on a term to search for related topics.