• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XD-40 with Silencer *Pics*

This is a discussion on XD-40 with Silencer *Pics* within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; Well guys, it has been a year and a half since I stumbled upon this forum, and learned about the wonderful benefits of my first ...

Old 10-06-2005, 09:14 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 4082
XD-40 with Silencer *Pics*

Well guys, it has been a year and a half since I stumbled upon this forum, and learned about the wonderful benefits of my first and favorite gun, the XD-40. Since the purchase of my baby last year, I have made numerous upgrades to her.

Here are the obvious upgrades:

-Don's Guide Rod with #22 spring
-Clipdraw
-Magwell Frame plug
-extended mag release button
-Laserlyte QD
-Applied gun coating by Mac Mgraw: Tuff Gun 2 finish on the outside of gun, Tuff Gun 1 finish on the inside metal parts

Now: I also ordered a 5" tactical barrel from EFK, and had it sent over to John Noveske to get it threaded for the Evolution-40 suppressor. After the threading was complete and sent back to me, I realized that the barrel did not fit into my xd, and minor adjustments had to be made to it. So, I sent the barrel to another gunsmith to get it fitted properly. Needless to say, all these shipping costs, fees back and forth, and the time it all took, was a draining task to say the least.

I ordered the Evolution-40 in December of 2004, and received it in my hands the first week of October, 2005. As some of you might know, the paperwork process was draining as well.

BUT! Lets get to the good part

Here is my finished baby, hope you like it. I will take more detailed pictures and post them later.

More pics coming soon.... you like?
atkamano is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-06-2005, 09:21 PM   #2
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 2897
First one I've ever seen, looks tacticool to me, hows the can do on it?
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
ichy_trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 09:22 PM   #3
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 3132
Hows the noise level?
one-eyed-fatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 09:28 PM   #4
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 2949
§weet.Hows the accuracy with the suppressor attached?
Dwweeb_5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 09:38 PM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 7033
very impressive, what was the total cost?
SouthernXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:24 PM   #6
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 3754
Location: The Nevada Desert on a Dry Lakebed. Living in a trailer with thunderstorms looming in the distance.
How do you aim it? the front sight doesn't clear the tube
hobocircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:43 PM   #7
XDTalk Member

The cost of the entire thing would probably be in the 1200 (including like 200$ worth of shipping of various parts back and forth across the country) for the gun and 950 for the suppressor total.

There are two ways of aiming the gun: The sights are still good, only a very small portion of the suppressor is actually above the sights, so you can approximate a little bit. It is still very accurate. As for short distance, there's the laser, which does a wonderful job at close range.

Accuracy I have not been able to test out yet, I will go to the range as soon as I get a chance.

As for sound suppression, the bullets that I have shot with (180 grain, slowest I could find) still sounded like they broke the sound barrier. Although the sound did not hurt my ears with no sound protection, it was somewhat louder than I have seen in video clips online with .45 cal suppressors.

R/T Performance was kind enough to send me over a couple minor 180's and 200 grain bullets that will be MUCH slower than the 180 I tested with. Hopefully those will be much quieter.

I will post pics and results when I get them in tomorrow.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:36 PM   #8
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 4469
nice.

Was the 9 month wait just to get the forms through? or did you have to wait on AAC to mfg and supply a SN before the form got sequenced?

The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also. I would not interfere with any one's religion, either to strengthen it or to weaken it. I am not able to believe one's religion can affect his hereafter one way or the other, no matter what that religion may be. But it may easily be a great comfort to him in this life--hence it is a valuable possession to him.
- Mark Twain
aiformula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 11:43 PM   #9
XDTalk Member

The forms were sent in to the ATF by my dealer in the first week of April, 2005. He didn't have the EVO-40 in stock, so he had to order one from Advanced Armament.

That, along with the fingerprint cards, and to get the signature by the chief of police took 4 months alone. Bummer. Total ATF wait time was around 5 months.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:15 AM   #10
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 6774
That thing is f-in sweet. How much does the suppressor weigh?
djpoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

Search tags for this page
handgun suppresser for xd-40
silencer for springfield xd 40
silencer for springfield xdm 40
silencer for xd 40
silencer for xd40
springfeildxdm40silencer
springfield armory xd 40 supressor
springfield xd .40 suppressor

springfield xd 40 silencer

springfield xd 40 silencer for sale
springfield xd 40 suppressor
suppressor for xd 40
xd 40 silencer

xd 40 suppressor

xd silencer
xd40 silencer
Click on a term to search for related topics.