• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

used XD9 price..XD9sc comparison?

This is a discussion on used XD9 price..XD9sc comparison? within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; I have a friend who is looking to buy his first pistol, and I just happen to have a XD9 svc that I am considering ...

Old 09-10-2008, 10:41 AM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 23065
used XD9 price..XD9sc comparison?

I have a friend who is looking to buy his first pistol, and I just happen to have a XD9 svc that I am considering selling (so I can get a XD9subcompact) My XD9 svc has the OD green frame, 1200 rnds with no FTE/FTFs, has all the accessories/box that it came with and has been treated very well. What would be a fair price to sell it to him? A local gunshop said they'd give me $325 (on a trade), but I'd think selling it outright should be in the $425-475 range. That said, I've been good friends with the potential buyer for all my life and don't want to "rip him off".

For those of you out there who own the XD9sc, how does it compare to the other XDs in reliabilty, recoil, accuracy etc? I am thinking of trading my XD9svc for a subcompact...mostly for my girlfriend to use/carry. She is very petite w/ small hands. She does good with my XD9svc, but is the subcompact too 'snappy'??

What is the going rate for a new XD9sc?

Thanks
sinistersixguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-10-2008, 06:35 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 26336
Good luck with the sale and the purchase of the SC. For a point of reference, I just bought my XD9 Service on GunBroker about a month ago. I paid $375 for the gun and 3 mags. I picked up another 7 mags for $50--4 for XD (2 for XD9 and 2 for XD40), 3 for a Sig P228. I still haven't traded the XD40 mags or moved the Sig mags yet, but still, I got a pretty good deal.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:06 PM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 26487
I think it mostly depends on the market of the area you are in.

With that said... I can buy a new XD9 Service for 425.00 in my area.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety. Nor, are they likely to end up with either.

Benjamin Franklin
mp3mogul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:08 AM   #4
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 20991
Used should go between $400-$425. I picked mine up new for $399, but those days seem to be long gone. Stores around here sell used ones for $479. I don't think they would move at that price, but they do.

As far as the Service vs. SC, I don't think you will have any problems. I own both. I owned the Service for 7 months before I got the SC, so I naturally preferred the Service. But, the more I shoot the SC the more I like it. It isn't really much more snappy with target/range ammo, but you can feel a bit of a difference between the two if you are firing 124g +P or something.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:02 AM   #5
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 23549
You loose nothing in accuracy with the subby, gain no more felt recoil, and gain more concealability. go for it. i did it and will never look back!

"An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a
slave!"

"To protect yourself and the ones you love from the unthinkable, you must not dismiss the possible."
Perchjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:12 AM   #6
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 28110
Look on youtube.com for videos of people firing the XD9SC. It's easy to see that the recoil is negligible.

Go for it!
"Who will govern the governors? There is only one force in the nation that can be depended upon to keep the government pure and the governors honest, and that is the people themselves. They alone, if well informed, are capable of preventing the corruption of power, and of restoring the nation to its rightful course if it should go astray. They alone are the safest depository of the ultimate powers of government."

- Thomas Jefferson
Slade797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:16 PM   #7
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 7918
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhillsing23 View Post
As far as the Service vs. SC, I don't think you will have any problems. I own both. I owned the Service for 7 months before I got the SC, so I naturally preferred the Service. But, the more I shoot the SC the more I like it. It isn't really much more snappy with target/range ammo, but you can feel a bit of a difference between the two if you are firing 124g +P or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perchjerk View Post
You loose nothing in accuracy with the subby, gain no more felt recoil, and gain more concealability. go for it. i did it and will never look back!
Same here, I have an old XD-9 Service and two SC-9s. I don't even recommend buying the Service to anyone anymore, the SCs are JUST THAT GOOD. You get everything the Service has and give up nothing for the smaller size.
Uzi, Sterling MK6, GSG-5.
Bersa Thunder 45, CZ75-SP01 Tactical, CZ75 Compact 40, DW CBOB 10mm,USP Custom Combat40, SA-1911,
XD-9 Service, XD-9SC Black, XD-9SC Bi-Tone, XD-40 Service Bi-tone, XD-45C Dark Earth, XD-45C Tactical Black,
Sig P228x2, Sig P220, Sig Mosquito, Steyr M9, Walther P-22, Beretta 92FS Inox
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

Search tags for this page
od xd 9 sale
price of xd9
price on xd9 clips handgun
used xd-9sc

used xd9 for sale

used xd9 price
used xd9 subcompact price
used xd9sc for sale
xd 9 for retail price
xd 9 price
xd9 for sale used

xd9 price

xd9 prices

xd9 retail price
xd9 sub compact used price
xd9 subcompact price
Click on a term to search for related topics.