• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XD recall????

This is a discussion on XD recall???? within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; I went to a gunstore/indoor/outdoor range in central Ohio yesterday looking for some ammunition for my XD45's. Nice new facility, fairly well stocked and staffed ...

Old 05-04-2008, 06:56 AM   #1
ptn
XDTalk Member

Member #: 20960
XD recall????

I went to a gunstore/indoor/outdoor range in central Ohio yesterday looking for some ammunition for my XD45's. Nice new facility, fairly well stocked and staffed by friendly people. While there, I asked one of the salespeople about the XD. He said XD's are not selling because of problems with the sticking grip safety and added that there is a factory recall on the XD. He went on to tell how much better the S&W M&P pistols are and that they outsell the XD by a huge margin. I can imagine XD's aren't selling if this is what he tells people who show interest in the XD line. I have never heard of a recall on XD pistols. Is this old news, something I missed maybe or just pure fabrication on the part of the young "gun expert" at this gun store? Can anyone offer any insight.
ptn is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-04-2008, 07:15 AM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 24757
I have both of mine registered with springfield and they have NOT sent me anything about a Recall so I have to say it's BS.
fxstchewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:19 AM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 16215
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptn View Post
I went to a gunstore/indoor/outdoor range in central Ohio yesterday looking for some ammunition for my XD45's. Nice new facility, fairly well stocked and staffed by friendly people. While there, I asked one of the salespeople about the XD. He said XD's are not selling because of problems with the sticking grip safety and added that there is a factory recall on the XD. He went on to tell how much better the S&W M&P pistols are and that they outsell the XD by a huge margin. I can imagine XD's aren't selling if this is what he tells people who show interest in the XD line. I have never heard of a recall on XD pistols. Is this old news, something I missed maybe or just pure fabrication on the part of the young "gun expert" at this gun store? Can anyone offer any insight.
I'm gonna try to remember to call Springfield Armory tomorrow to confirm, but I'll stick my neck out and say that there is not a recall on XDs and you should tell the store manager that his salesperson is spreading BS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

"Legalize The Constitution" - Bumper Sticker

"Every tool is a weapon - if you hold it right" - Ani DiFranco
Pugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:20 AM   #4
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 5030
That a load of malarkey. He probably has a sales incentive from his rep to say that kind of nonsense. I'd ask him to produce that information in writing in front of his manager. In other words, prove it.
Smoke_Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:22 AM   #5
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 21955
This would be news to me as well. I was recently on SA's site and didnt see anything about a recall. I also didnt receive anything in the mail from them and my gun is registered with them. Doesnt sound right to me. Somebody should call SA and tell them that a shop that has their pistols is telling people that. See what they say about it.
Mossberg 500 12 gauge
Marlin 25N bolt action .22lr
New England single shot 20 gauge
xdfan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:53 AM   #6
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 25167
Incentive for S&W

I have both the Xd and M&P Pistols, and I am very good friends with the GM of the largest gun store in Pa. My friend does not go out of his way to sway me to the M&P when I buy pistols, but he sure does put on the full court press. He is a very reigious man and would never fabricate such a story, now having said that I have asked him about the recall and he said that it is hogwash to his knowledge. He has had many chances to "work" on me about the M&P this year by the way.
Benelli M4
Yugo AK-47
Smith M&P15T
mrosamilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:04 AM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 21780
Talking

Maybe recall is for owners in order to congratulate our wonderful choice
ERRveneno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:11 AM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 10205
I was on SA web site on Friday and have received nothing from SA in the mail. Sounds like BS to me.
Independent AMSOIL Dealer
tnroadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:33 AM   #9
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 22946
B-o-l-o-g-n-a

Bearcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:45 AM   #10
XDTalk 35K Member

Member #: 15886
The guy just wanted to buy it himself, but had been told if a customer comes in before closing ... Ya gotta sell it. So he lied

Recall or not, I can see issues with the design ... Why did they screw with perfection ??? To meet the requirements of a few agencies!! IMO, they complicated a good design.
AZXD is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

Search tags for this page
recall springfield xdm
springfield armory recall xdm
springfield armory xdm recall

springfield armory xdm recalls

springfield xd 9 recall

springfield xd recall

springfield xdm 45 recall

springfield xdm recall

xd recall

xd9 recall

xdm recall

xds recall
Click on a term to search for related topics.