• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Dedicated XD sight pusher

This is a discussion on Dedicated XD sight pusher within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; Sight adjust/install tool - Springfield XD - SIGHT INSTALLATION TOOLS - TOOLS - Top Gun Supply Thought the above interesting. I have the meprolight pusher ...

Old 04-18-2008, 02:48 AM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 1051
Dedicated XD sight pusher

Sight adjust/install tool - Springfield XD - SIGHT INSTALLATION TOOLS - TOOLS - Top Gun Supply
Thought the above interesting. I have the meprolight pusher which I have used on several XDs to push off and on when I install night sites. Since the slides on the XD have a smaller top, I had to make a shim for it not to lean over in the vise.
figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-18-2008, 10:55 AM   #2
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 7918
Yeah I've got one ( XD pusher ). I don't think they had the "not for Tactical" warning when I got mine lol. It functions fine but the XD sights are still a stone cold ***** to get off.
Uzi, Sterling MK6, GSG-5.
Bersa Thunder 45, CZ75-SP01 Tactical, CZ75 Compact 40, DW CBOB 10mm,USP Custom Combat40, SA-1911,
XD-9 Service, XD-9SC Black, XD-9SC Bi-Tone, XD-40 Service Bi-tone, XD-45C Dark Earth, XD-45C Tactical Black,
Sig P228x2, Sig P220, Sig Mosquito, Steyr M9, Walther P-22, Beretta 92FS Inox
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:17 AM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 23429
one of our sponsors has it for less when it is in stock

PISTOLGEAR | YOUR ONE-STOP SHOP FOR ALL SPRINGFIELD XD

Springfield XD40 Service w/ Trijicon yellow/green sights, XDGuys trigger kit, Polished Barrel/Guide Rod
Springfield XD40 Sub Compact in OD Green
Ruger M77 .243
Browning A-Bolt .243 (Belgium made)
SKS 7.62x39mm
Djwurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:22 PM   #4
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 16175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaboom View Post
Yeah I've got one ( XD pusher ). I don't think they had the "not for Tactical" warning when I got mine lol. It functions fine but the XD sights are still a stone cold ***** to get off.
I've got a SIG pusher which is even beefier than the XD one shown. To get the rear sight to move on my XD, I had to take up the tenstion and then use a hammer to bang on the handle of the tool.... when the sight finally moved it let out a "crack" that sounded like a .22.
bountyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:26 PM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 18729
One of the local gunshops that offers basic gunsmithing services stopped installing sights on XDs because the factory sights were so hard to get off that they risked damage to the slide and they didn't want the liability. Its definitely not something I'm going to try at home. I took both of mine to professional smiths when I wanted to put night sights on them.
scurtis_34471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 05:21 PM   #6
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 16446
Pu$$ies, with the right tool it's easy.
Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 05:23 PM   #7
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bountyhunter View Post
I've got a SIG pusher which is even beefier than the XD one shown. To get the rear sight to move on my XD, I had to take up the tenstion and then use a hammer to bang on the handle of the tool.... when the sight finally moved it let out a "crack" that sounded like a .22.
Note you don't need to bang on anything. I slipped a short length of EMT electrical tubing over crank and used it for leverage like a cheater bar. Came off easy as pie.

Note the tool shown in the OP link WILL NOT fit TFO's. Do a search on my old posts and you'll see why and what I did to make it somewhat work.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:55 PM   #8
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 16175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
Note you don't need to bang on anything. I slipped a short length of EMT electrical tubing over crank and used it for leverage like a cheater bar. Came off easy as pie.
Doesn't work on all XD's. I talked to somebody here who works at Springer and I recall he said about half the XD sights come off OK, and the other half require nuclear force. That was mine. And, the reson I tapped on the handle with a hammer was it was so tight if I leaned on it by hand, the sight would JUMP when it finally moved so much I couldn't get it cenetered in the slide. Tapping the handle made the jumps smaller and I got it centered.
bountyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:23 PM   #9
XDTalk 5K Member

Did you read the part about a long pry bar? There's no way the sights will come off with the short bar with the MGW tool. I probably used about 3-feet of extra leverage and even then it took some effort to break free. Once it got moving it was "easier" but not easy. I would have had to use a sledge on mine without the pry bar!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

Search tags for this page
sig sight blade pusher tool
sight adjustment tool springfield xd
sight pusher for xd
sight pusher tool xd
springfield armory xd sight pusher

springfield armory xd sight tool

springfield sight adjustment tool
springfield sight pusher
springfield sight pusher tool
springfield sight tool
springfield xd sight adjustment tool

springfield xd sight pusher

springfield xd sight pusher tool

springfield xd sight tool

xd sight pusher
Click on a term to search for related topics.