• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Any idea of Springfield will do an XD in 10mm?

This is a discussion on Any idea of Springfield will do an XD in 10mm? within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; I love the 10mm round. I also love my new XD45. Mating the two would be just awesome for a backwoods gun. As you know, ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk » Any idea of Springfield will do an XD in 10mm?

Old 04-12-2008, 10:58 AM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 24965
Any idea of Springfield will do an XD in 10mm?

I love the 10mm round. I also love my new XD45. Mating the two would be just awesome for a backwoods gun. As you know, the 10mm round is extremely potent when using full power rounds, and you can cram a ton of rounds in a magazine.

Glock has a couple of 10mm's, but other than that there aren't many other options. Many buy a Glock just to get the 10mm. Seems like a good opportunity for XD to capitalize on. This round seems to have picked up some steam lately.

Any idea if Springfield will do something like this?

Edit: I suppose none of us really know what they'll do... but why don't we discuss whether or not we would be interested in them doing this. Maybe they'll listen.

Last edited by MisterB; 04-12-2008 at 11:19 AM.
MisterB is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-12-2008, 12:38 PM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 15321
whats the advantage of 10mm. and why dont you see many guns produced in 10mm?
jcabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 12:47 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
whats the advantage of 10mm. and why dont you see many guns produced in 10mm?
The ballistics are pretty close to a 44 Magnum when using full power rounds, and the shell casings are the same diameter as a .40 S&W, so you can fit quite a few very high powered rounds in a magazine.

I think the 10mm took a beating because the FBI (who previously adopted the 10mm), ended up going with the .40. It's a hotly debated topic, but word has it that many of the smaller agents couldn't handle the recoil of the 10mm round. The .40 sort of stole it's thunder imho, even though it is anemic in comparison to the true full power 10mm round.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:48 PM   #4
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 15115
Don't hold your breath.

USPSA-A59201
jeepinbanditrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:12 PM   #5
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 22661
I bought a Glock 20 couple years back NIB.....

after one range session i traded it in, for some reason i could not hit the broad side of a barn with that thing....i dont know if it was the gun, the caliber or just me??????

i like the idea of the 10mm, and have to admit, if SA made one i would definitely buy it....

with these polymer style guns i dont know what the big deal is about offering it in all calibers, it cannot be that expensive to add to the production line
bruce21b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:13 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce21b View Post
I bought a Glock 20 couple years back NIB.....

after one range session i traded it in, for some reason i could not hit the broad side of a barn with that thing....i dont know if it was the gun, the caliber or just me??????

i like the idea of the 10mm, and have to admit, if SA made one i would definitely buy it....

with these polymer style guns i dont know what the big deal is about offering it in all calibers, it cannot be that expensive to add to the production line
It probably has to do with the size of your hands. The G20 has a very thick grip. You must have large hands, or you won't be able to shoot very well with it.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:16 PM   #7
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 21415
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
The ballistics are pretty close to a 44 Magnum when using full power rounds, and the shell casings are the same diameter as a .40 S&W, so you can fit quite a few very high powered rounds in a magazine.

I think the 10mm took a beating because the FBI (who previously adopted the 10mm), ended up going with the .40. It's a hotly debated topic, but word has it that many of the smaller agents couldn't handle the recoil of the 10mm round. The .40 sort of stole it's thunder imho, even though it is anemic in comparison to the true full power 10mm round.
Better get my tall boots because the BS is getting really really deep in here.

First off the 10mm doesn't even come close to the .44 mag. It can barely keep up with the .41 mag.

Second you get an average of 1 more round in a single stack magazine and two in a double stack magazine. So you don't get that much advantage of round count.

Third is that Springfield as said NFW on a 10mm XD and/or a 10MM 1911 platform.

If you want a 10mm plastic pistol buy a Glock. If you want a metal gun then look at a Dan Wesson or Fusion. I have a Dan Wesson Classic Commander Bobtail in 10mm and love the gun.

The 40 S&W did not steal the thunder from the 10mm. The 10mm recoil was too much for people with tiny weak wrists. So being in the PC world we are the girls and girly men forced the FBI to give up a superior cartridge for a watered down version.

This Veteran is heavily medicated for your safety.

A lot not alot or allot
Threw, through, thru know the difference.
Your, you're
An or and
There, their, they're

Homonyms work sheet
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

List of homonyms

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Cannibul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:23 PM   #8
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 22661
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
It probably has to do with the size of your hands. The G20 has a very thick grip. You must have large hands, or you won't be able to shoot very well with it.

yeah, you are probably right.....that is one gun that just never felt "right" in my hand...i bought it purely on impulse that day
bruce21b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:28 PM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannibul View Post
Better get my tall boots because the BS is getting really really deep in here.

First off the 10mm doesn't even come close to the .44 mag. It can barely keep up with the .41 mag.

Second you get an average of 1 more round in a single stack magazine and two in a double stack magazine. So you don't get that much advantage of round count.

Third is that Springfield as said NFW on a 10mm XD and/or a 10MM 1911 platform.

If you want a 10mm plastic pistol buy a Glock. If you want a metal gun then look at a Dan Wesson or Fusion. I have a Dan Wesson Classic Commander Bobtail in 10mm and love the gun.

The 40 S&W did not steal the thunder from the 10mm. The 10mm recoil was too much for people with tiny weak wrists. So being in the PC world we are the girls and girly men forced the FBI to give up a superior cartridge for a watered down version.
Go back and read what I said, and notice I said a 10mm with "full power" rounds. If you buy DoubleTap 155gr, you'll get @ 1475fps / 750ft/lbs.

With 44 Magnum, generally the most useful remains the 240 grain jacketed bullet at about 1180 fps with 741 ft. lbs. So, yes- the 10mm IS close to the 44 Magnum.

...And I already pointed out the smaller agent thing and not being able to handle the 10mm round. The rest of what you said is just your opinion, just like some of what I said was my opinion. Maybe I should put my BS boots on too?
Old 04-12-2008, 05:12 PM   #10
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 7918
Ruger gave up on the 10mm citing "where would it all end?" I THINK I would like to try 10mm myself.
Uzi, Sterling MK6, GSG-5.
Bersa Thunder 45, CZ75-SP01 Tactical, CZ75 Compact 40, DW CBOB 10mm,USP Custom Combat40, SA-1911,
XD-9 Service, XD-9SC Black, XD-9SC Bi-Tone, XD-40 Service Bi-tone, XD-45C Dark Earth, XD-45C Tactical Black,
Sig P228x2, Sig P220, Sig Mosquito, Steyr M9, Walther P-22, Beretta 92FS Inox
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

Search tags for this page
10 mm springfield
10mm springfield
10mm springfield xd
10mm xd springfield
does springfield make a 10mm
speingfield 10mm
springfeild 10mm
springfield 10 mm

springfield 10mm

springfield 10mm auto pistols
springfield 10mm pistol
springfield 10mm xd
springfield armory xd 10mm
springfield xd 10

springfield xd 10mm

xd 10mm
Click on a term to search for related topics.