• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

My progress on "custom" carry hs2000

This is a discussion on My progress on "custom" carry hs2000 within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by aiformula Sorry, been meaning to get back to this. I installed the Don's Guide Rod I got from PistolGear, and I am ...

Old 01-30-2007, 03:02 PM   #61
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 1698
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiformula
Sorry, been meaning to get back to this. I installed the Don's Guide Rod I got from PistolGear, and I am in process of making a sight pusher so I can change out the sights for the new SureSights I now have in hand, but I haven't gotten around to squaring away the trigger... things went kinda crazy over the holidays, and I am now back in school so spare time is at a premium. I will be getting the trigger sorted out in a next weekend I hope. At that point I intend to function test the gun and see if/how it shoots.

btw, anybody got a spare sear layin around?
Nope, PM sent.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Krackels is online now   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-03-2007, 05:50 PM   #62
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 2897
Quote:
Sorry, been meaning to get back to this. I installed the Don's Guide Rod I got from PistolGear, and I am in process of making a sight pusher so I can change out the sights for the new SureSights I now have in hand, but I haven't gotten around to squaring away the trigger... things went kinda crazy over the holidays, and I am now back in school so spare time is at a premium. I will be getting the trigger sorted out in a next weekend I hope. At that point I intend to function test the gun and see if/how it shoots.

btw, anybody got a spare sear layin around?
Went over to the shop to hang out with Tony and get the trigger "squared away". We gave it a nice short reset with minimal take-up . Not posting trigger-job pics because of all the DIY trigger controversy, we have the pull weight around 4-5 lbs. My part is done, come on now Tony, finish the rest of that thing up!
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

ichy_trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:00 PM   #63
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 4469
Alright, FINE!!!

Since there are already so many shots of Don's superduperful stainless guidrod on the board, I let that go. However I did still have to get those sights changed out.

Here is the slide in my bench vise w/ my "purcision" sight de/install tools... In case you've actually been following this, I bagged the sight pusher project for now, but if Chaim is interested, I might be able to come up w/ something for him to sell.

Here's a pathetically fuzzy (couldn't even sharpen it up w/ photo software) pic of the new fantabulous Sure Sights just prior to install.

Here they are installed w/ the slide still in the vise... can't see much in this shot, but let me tell ya. I've installed several sets of sights over the years in different guns, and this is only the second mfg. who actually had the forethought to put a LEAD IN on the bevel on one side. WAY TO GO SURE SIGHT / CHAIM!!!!! It would be nice if it was on both front and rear sights, but I'll take what I can get w/ it on the slightly more dainty front sight.

And here is what the sight picture looks like looking down the slide (albeit w/ the sights not quite aligned.)

OK, so now that the fun is more or less finished from a mechanical standpoint, here's the last picture of it until I get my tax refund and buy my Norrell's gun coat for my super wicked homemade ultraubertacticool camo job that will be done sometime probably in march. Hope to have it ready for the day I can actually keep my gun concealed while in my car and on my bike.

BTW Chaim, shameless plug in that picture there... if you like it, feel free to send me a prototype set for my HK P2000. If not, no prob.

The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also. I would not interfere with any one's religion, either to strengthen it or to weaken it. I am not able to believe one's religion can affect his hereafter one way or the other, no matter what that religion may be. But it may easily be a great comfort to him in this life--hence it is a valuable possession to him.
- Mark Twain

Last edited by aiformula; 02-03-2007 at 07:15 PM.
aiformula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:06 PM   #64
XDTalk 3K Member

Thumbs up :shock: :shock:

HOLY COW!!!

I was uploading these pics and posting the above response here in my office at the shop and it's nice and dark in here right now. I just picked the HS up off my desk and sighted down it and the sights are BRIGHT!

back in one sec gotta check the phosphorescent paint.....

wow!!!!

To all you naysayers....

THEY GLOW IN THE DARK... BETTER THAN ANY 3 DOT TRITIUM NIGHT SIGHT I'VE EVER SEEN!!!!!

You can't believe how easy it is to see these sights. ESP. at NIGHT!! IMPRESSIVE!!!

Can I say that enough?

The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also. I would not interfere with any one's religion, either to strengthen it or to weaken it. I am not able to believe one's religion can affect his hereafter one way or the other, no matter what that religion may be. But it may easily be a great comfort to him in this life--hence it is a valuable possession to him.
- Mark Twain
Old 02-03-2007, 07:12 PM   #65
XDTalk 3K Member

btw, thanks to all who have offered encouragement, advice, and other types of help along the way. This is a fun project. Should anyone want to know how I did any of it (except the trigger job) I'd be happy to answer questions w/ a little more detail than I have so far. I wanted to make sure I was happy w/ things before I told anyone how to screw up their own guns.

- Mark Twain
Old 02-03-2007, 07:32 PM   #66
XDTalk 25K Member

Looks sweet.

Just out of curiosity, how many hours do you think you put into the project?
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

&

Old 02-03-2007, 07:37 PM   #67
XDTalk 3K Member

less the time screwing around w/ the trigger.... probably 6-7.

- Mark Twain
Old 02-03-2007, 08:07 PM   #68
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 2897
Those sights would take some getting used to for me. You better let me keep that gun for a bit so I can try them out .
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

ichy_trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 08:25 PM   #69
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 14335
Quote:
btw, thanks to all who have offered encouragement, advice, and other types of help along the way. This is a fun project. Should anyone want to know how I did any of it (except the trigger job) I'd be happy to answer questions w/ a little more detail than I have so far. I wanted to make sure I was happy w/ things before I told anyone how to screw up their own guns.
Can we get a photo in natural daylight! I'd like to see some more detail, especially some shine on that slide!
D_Fence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:24 PM   #70
XDTalk 25K Member

Quote:
less the time screwing around w/ the trigger.... probably 6-7.
That's not too bad. I thought it'd be more time.

&

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

Search tags for this page
custom stippled springfield xd
hs 2000 40sw v10
hs2000 custom
light rail for hs2000
springfield armory xd v10 40sw sand

springfield xd bevel

springfield xd pistol mods stippling'

springfield xd stipple job
stipple job xd pistol
xd melted take down lever
Click on a term to search for related topics.