• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Gander Mountain Deal

This is a discussion on Gander Mountain Deal within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; Gander Mountain advertised on the radio yesterday that you get a gift card for 20% of the purchase price of any new or used firearm. ...

Old 08-22-2006, 03:59 PM   #1
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 10158
Gander Mountain Deal

Gander Mountain advertised on the radio yesterday that you get a gift card for 20% of the purchase price of any new or used firearm. I was going to wait until spring to get another XD. How could I refuse this deal? I stopped by and bought an XD9 Tactical for $566 including sales tax. Got a gift card for just over $100. Now the other deal. Looking for ammo to spend my gift card on. I wanted some 40 SW and had planned to stop by Walmart just down the street for it. He offered to sell me the WWB 100 rounds for over $26. I told him no thanks, I was going to stop by Walmart for it. I told him it was about $16. He said Gander Mountain would price match. He called the Walmart and sold me 3 boxes for the same price as Walmart (turned out to be $17.9. I think last time I paid $16+ for it so it has gone up about a dollar here from a month ago.

The hundred dollar gift card bought 3 boxes of WWB 100, 3 boxes of 50 round 9 mm (2 of which were leadless to try), some patches, and a bunch of 22 lr ammo. It ended up 34 cents over. I managed that with a couple quarters in my pocket.

I hope to take it the range tomorrow.

Oh, I forgot to mention. This gun must have been meant for me. I called right after they opened to see if they had a 9MM Tactical. Usually special order, but they had one. This was just after 9am. After my lunch appointment I stopped by. Counter guy told me they had it sold - packed up and everything earlier but the guy didn't get the firearms approval.

Last edited by Paul; 08-22-2006 at 04:04 PM.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-22-2006, 04:13 PM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 9183
Thumbs up Sounds like you got a deal

Great deal I hope you enjoy shooting the new XD. I sure would quickly start buying your Ammo. because from what I read and am seeing the prices of Ammo. is going up!!up!!up!! Got a e-mail from Natchez saying there will be two jumps in Ammo. prices this Month and next Month.
happygunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 04:27 PM   #3
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 11528
wow, that's great. which we had something like that here.

XD-45 SC "still waiting"
STI 2011
thomye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 07:48 PM   #4
XDTalk Member

Member #: 11897
I have a XD 9 Service on layaway i'm getting for 534 after sales tax that I am picking up Monday... that'd be real nice if they offered the gift card. Ammo is so expensive at Gander Mountain.
BustardXD9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:02 PM   #5
Old Timer

Member #: 6414
Did prices of XD's all go up without me noticing? Last I saw you could get a 45acp service model for right at 500. I got my XD40 service for <450 out the door brand new.

Edit! had my >< signs swapped.
chupacabrachus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:11 PM   #6
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 4087
I bought my wife's Beretta PX4 from Gander last month for that very same reason. Now I just have to decide on what to use the $100 gift certificate on. Also, when I spoke with the salesman that I bought from, he informed me that Gander would be doing the 20% gift cards on firearms until December.

"Tim was so learned, that he could name a horse in nine languages. So ignorant, he bought a cow to ride on." Ben Franklin
jcrich33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:39 PM   #7
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 2089
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustardXD9
I have a XD 9 Service on layaway i'm getting for 534 after sales tax that I am picking up Monday... that'd be real nice if they offered the gift card. Ammo is so expensive at Gander Mountain.
where are u guys buying XD's? jeez i can get them for 399 all day long. when they first came out they were 379 at gander. now i think theyre like 469 or some crap.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
nikon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:44 PM   #8
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 10158
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustardXD9
Ammo is so expensive at Gander Mountain.
Have them call Walmart and price match. It worked for me.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:09 AM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 9565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Have them call Walmart and price match. It worked for me.
i went to gander last week and saw the wwb for 26.00 too. i asked if that was the correct price, he said it was. i was like thats expensive. "no its not" he replied. i told him walmart has it for 16.00 bux. he said "i guess you better go to walmart then". jeeze. some service.
Clobbersaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:15 AM   #10
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 11288
Sounds like a great deal! Too bad some a-hole just totaled my car. Time to save money for a new car.

Quote:
I like living here, it's a tactical nieghborhood. We have even had SWAT teams here hiding in yards (prone in the bushes) and turning out porch lights during thier sweep search for the BGs.
kayl is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

Search tags for this page
can you use gander mountain gift card on layaway

does gander mountain have layaway

does gander mountain have layaway on guns
gander mountain firearm layaway
gander mountain firearm layaway plan
gander mountain firearms layaway
gander mountain firearms layaway plan

gander mountain gun layaway

gander mountain layaway

gander mountain layaway for firearms
gander mountain layaway guns
gander mountain layaway plan

gander mountain layaway policy

gun layaway gander mountain

how does gander mountain layaway work

why is gander mountain so expensive

Click on a term to search for related topics.