• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Recent Convert From Glock

This is a discussion on Recent Convert From Glock within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; So I have been a Glock guy for a long time and have been utterly disgusted with my last two Glocks. My G36 had some ...

Old 01-18-2013, 05:01 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 86450
Recent Convert From Glock

So I have been a Glock guy for a long time and have been utterly disgusted with my last two Glocks. My G36 had some kind of FTF or FTE issue every 50 rounds or so and my new G19 sent brass to my face even after sending it to Glock to fix. So after some research I purchased a Springfield XDM 9mm 4.5.

I just got back from the range and all I can say is WOW. 400 rounds of 4 different brands of ammo and it was flawless. Tried hard to get a misfeed and could not do it. Fits my hands (which are small) way better and was very accurate after the first 50 rounds. So impressed I had to come a tell someone as my wife could care less.

Super happy with the decision. The gun is really fantastic.
AzValley is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #2
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 45692
Congrats on you purchase. Put a PRP trigger and its even better
evilspringer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:14 PM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 71862
Welcome.

I, too, am from the realm of the FTRB, face-ejecting G30.

I can only say that my XDm and XDS are the most fun handguns I've ever owned. Equal in fun to my custom 1911.
"As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." –-H. L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
dawgchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #4
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 30502
And some Glockers wonder why I bring this point up! Ejection ports on Glock pistols are not relieved. It's probably the only combat pistol in the world that doesn't have a relieved ejection port. If the brass doesn't clear the lower window the case bounces up and gets hit by the forward vertical edge of the window which then sends the brass flying right back into your face. Shooters that drink the Glock kool-aide won't even accept that it's an issue. To me, the Glock is fine as a STARTER pistol, but when the shooter evolves, it's time to move on.

Consider some of the features of the XD/XDm and it becomes clear that they are superior in design. Grip angle is obvious. Then there's those tiny rails in the Glock. The forward rails of the XD design are far more substantial and are incorporated into the locking block which it and the lock-up system was copied from SIG/Sauer. And if you're gonna copy someone in the firearms industry, it's tough to improve on SIG. It's also replaceable. Relieved ejection port. Conventionally rifled barrels that shoot cast lead bullets with zero issues, Match Grade in the M. Grip safety to prevent "Glock Leg" and also to make sure your pistol doesn't go into an out of battery condition when you holster. To me the XD/XDm is clearly superior and considering it's price I thinks it's the best polymer framed pistol made. If you want to lay down a grand for an H&K 45, be my guest, but it really offers nothing more, and less capacity, cost around $400 more and comes with a DA trigger that can best be described as mediocre. I view my selection of the XDm as a wise choice.

The truth about OSS data and wound ballistics:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Get the complete picture here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
57K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:19 PM   #5
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 50458
Welcome to out side. We have cookies!

My name is Jim, but most people call me ......... Jim.
jimdanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #6
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 30502
LOL, jim.

The truth about OSS data and wound ballistics:

Get the complete picture here:
57K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:43 PM   #7
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 85483
Congrats on the XDm9 4.5 AzValley, I just recently bought one and am really, really digging it so far.
StevieRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #8
XDTalk Member

Member #: 84876
Welcome from OH. Glad you like your piece.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:12 PM   #9
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 86450
Thanks for all the replies. Getting off the cool-aid has been a good thing in general
AzValley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:20 PM   #10
XDTalk Member

Member #: 31146
Welcome to the Springfield family!

I've read too many stories about the FTF, FTE, or brass to face ejections on the recent Glocks. I don't know what's up with that but when I went into my LGS to buy a G26 or G17 they talked me out of it and into the XD 9mm SC.
SCmmaFAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

Search tags for this page

what glocks will accept a forward handgrip

Click on a term to search for related topics.