• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Recent Convert From Glock

This is a discussion on Recent Convert From Glock within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; Congrats. I just picked up an XD45 and I fricken love the thing. Good old extension of my damn hand I tell ya. I picked ...

Old 01-23-2013, 12:04 AM   #31
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 86796
Congrats. I just picked up an XD45 and I fricken love the thing. Good old extension of my damn hand I tell ya. I picked up a few Glocks at the store juuuust to see and took me about half a second of holding them to pass.

Your comment about your wife no caring had me geeking. I think we've all been there. I've spent hours talking to myself about guns lol.
Beersoup45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-23-2013, 09:12 AM   #32
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 81230
Congrats on the new XD and welcome to the site. I've only been a Glock owner for the last 10 months, 3 of which my G19 spent in Smyrna getting the BTF and stove pipe issues "fixed". It's back there now for the 3rd time!

Bought an XD9 SC so I could at least use my 9mm ammo and was amazed by how much better the XD was for me. Loved it so much that I also bought the full size XD9. Great guns, great fun.

Anybody want to buy a used Glock?
bighat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:27 AM   #33
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 86933
I love Glocks, never had a problem with my 26, over 3k rounds no malfunctions. Also fired approx 2k through a G19, G27, G23, and G17 with no issues. Admittedly never fired an XD, but had to chime in for the Glock side. I'd be willing to bet the issues people had in this thread are with Gen4 guns, which are notorious for problems. Gen1-3 Glocks seldom do anything but run and run run. YMMV but that has been the experience of myself and others I know.
AS90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #34
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 81230
I think most people have had good luck with Glocks, but unfortunately, quite a few of us haven't. The ejection issues affect the "new" Gen3s as well as the Gen4s. (mine is a Gen3). There's a lot of discussion about this on glock talk. From what I've read, the older Gen3s are good as gold. Don't know why Glock would have changed their manufacturing process, but I don't own the company.
bighat is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

Search tags for this page

what glocks will accept a forward handgrip

Click on a term to search for related topics.