• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Pretty sure my rear sights are off (pictures)

This is a discussion on Pretty sure my rear sights are off (pictures) within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; Its hard to tell from the video, and it could just be the angle of the camera, but your support hand looks farther forward than ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk » Pretty sure my rear sights are off (pictures)

Old 12-02-2012, 10:38 PM   #21
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 71456
Its hard to tell from the video, and it could just be the angle of the camera, but your support hand looks farther forward than I would like to see. Are you putting your left index finger on the front of the trigger guard?

Just go through the basics and take your time. Push with the right hand, pull with the left, SQUEEEEEEEZE the trigger, all that jazz. A cool trick I read about on this forum is to put an empty case on the front sight while dry firing. Case falls, you flinched. Also makes it easier to focus on the front sight, since you can't see past it anyway.

If you ever make it down to the Daytona Area lemme know, I shoot at Strickland Range and have a broken in XDm45 3.8 that shoots pretty well.

Scott
mcnee229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-02-2012, 10:47 PM   #22
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 80010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnee229 View Post
Its hard to tell from the video, and it could just be the angle of the camera, but your support hand looks farther forward than I would like to see. Are you putting your left index finger on the front of the trigger guard?

Just go through the basics and take your time. Push with the right hand, pull with the left, SQUEEEEEEEZE the trigger, all that jazz. A cool trick I read about on this forum is to put an empty case on the front sight while dry firing. Case falls, you flinched. Also makes it easier to focus on the front sight, since you can't see past it anyway.

If you ever make it down to the Daytona Area lemme know, I shoot at Strickland Range and have a broken in XDm45 3.8 that shoots pretty well.

Scott
My support hand is riding up as high as it can go along the slide with my thumb pointing at the target. I think I just need to grip the gun harder with my support hand.

I'm not in Daytona often, but I'll certainly keep that in mind. Vice versa if you are ever in my area.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:03 PM   #23
XDTalk Newbie

Paste this after the youtube home page URL: watch?v=NVhTA-n0ivE

Try that, I can't say I've ever seen a grip that has a not-thumb digit pointing at the target. I can't get my hands into a grip like that just playing around here, at least not without getting my finger somewhere its gonna get burnt. I may just be confused, though. (It happens more often than I'd like to admit)

Keep at it and you'll have 50 yard targets that look like those first two in no time.

Scott
Old 12-02-2012, 11:12 PM   #24
AKC
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 41665
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohicks View Post
My support hand is riding up as high as it can go along the slide with the index finger pointing at the target. I think I just need to grip the gun harder with my support hand.

I'm not in Daytona often, but I'll certainly keep that in mind. Vice versa if you are ever in my area.
Uh, with your index finger pointing at the target?

Your support hand thumb should be pointing towards the target. Not your index finger.

I am assuming you made an error typing?

When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty.

-Benjamin Franklin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
AKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:13 PM   #25
XDTalk 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKC View Post
Uh, with your index finger pointing at the target?

Your support hand thumb should be pointing towards the target. Not your index finger.

I am assuming you made an error typing?
yes sorry i meant my thumb. I edited it.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:16 PM   #26
XDTalk 500 Member

Quote:
Paste this after the youtube home page URL: watch?v=NVhTA-n0ivE

Try that, I can't say I've ever seen a grip that has a not-thumb digit pointing at the target. I can't get my hands into a grip like that just playing around here, at least not without getting my finger somewhere its gonna get burnt. I may just be confused, though. (It happens more often than I'd like to admit)

Keep at it and you'll have 50 yard targets that look like those first two in no time.

Scott
Ya, I've seen that and have it favorited. I meant my thumb pointing to target not index finger. I corrected it. If you full size my video on the first page you can see it's my thumb.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:18 PM   #27
AKC
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 41665
Cool I thought so.

When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty.

-Benjamin Franklin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
AKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:23 PM   #28
XDTalk Newbie

That makes a little more sense. I just looked at the little marks on mine and they are the same as yours, and if I take my time and follow the fundamentals I shoot centered windage wise and with commercial bulk 230 gr FMJ, POI=POA at 25 yards.

Scott
Old 12-02-2012, 11:41 PM   #29
XDTalk 500 Member

Quote:
That makes a little more sense. I just looked at the little marks on mine and they are the same as yours, and if I take my time and follow the fundamentals I shoot centered windage wise and with commercial bulk 230 gr FMJ, POI=POA at 25 yards.

Scott
Cool. That's good to know that someone else has the same setup. I'll be less worried about it getting the sights perfect then.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:53 PM   #30
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 80032

^ my xdm .45 groups...the head is a group and the chest is a group...I had the target offset so where I hit was where I was aiming but they are all close enough to call it a group...

"ya know the favorite saying around here "play stupid games win stupid prizes"? once someone does something, they have a whole lot of personal responsibility they need to eat. sometimes its lead flavored with a thin copper shell."
So.Chi.Gunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

45xdm, compact, factory, rear sights

Search tags for this page
adjustable rear sight xds
fnh sights not aligned from factory?
how can i tell if my front sight on my xd 40 is aligned right
how to drift rear sight xds
how to make sure sights are centered on xdm
my springfield xds rearsight looks off center
new xd 40 sites off
off centered' sights

sight tool xdm

xd rear sight off centre

xd sight off

xd talk, sights off

xdm 45

xds 45 rear sight won't stay centered

xds rear sight off center

Click on a term to search for related topics.