• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XDM 3.8 need help please

This is a discussion on XDM 3.8 need help please within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; I think you'll be fine. I'm not the greatest shot, but I can shoot fairly tight groupings at 75 feet with my 3.8" XDM 9mm ...

Old 09-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #11
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 72739
I think you'll be fine. I'm not the greatest shot, but I can shoot fairly tight groupings at 75 feet with my 3.8" XDM 9mm compact when I'm being patient and taking my time. And even if I'm not trying to "dot the I", I'm easily putting them all in the center mass of the target silhouette.
Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future. -John F Kennedy

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish harm to me and mine. - (Unknown)

You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -Gandhi
SoccerKyCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-10-2012, 04:00 AM   #12
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 62845
Something to think about: Why are you shooting at a shooting competition?

I shoot a competition gun to try to win competitions but I also shoot defensive carry guns at competitions to improve my skills with them so I will win a gun fight when I need too! When I shoot the later I don't care about how good my score is but more how few mistakes I make and that I'm improving over time.

ALSO competition helps you prepare for a gun fight by putting more stress on you during practice than if you're just practicing on a firing line. In a gun fight you will be at stress overload so compete also with what you will use to protect you and your loved ones.

Stillhunter
US Triple Tap .com
Stillhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:58 PM   #13
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 49146
I had absolutely no problem shooting steele at 20 yards with my .40 3.8 XD. Matter of fact, I shot better with it than I currently do with my Std. For me it was how fast I could re-aquire my sight picture. That had a ton to do with it. The worst you could do is try it. If you dont like it just ship the gun to me and I'll send you my .40 STD in an even trade.
Oper8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #14
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 49793
Well, sight radius does matter a bit, but no where near as much as skill.

When it comes down to (practical) facts, yes, you 'should' be more accurate with the 4.5 XDm vs the 3.8". Whether someone shoots better with one or the other isn't tangible data unless there's a controllable factor.

And blah blah blah math blah.

I personally chose an XDm 4.5, which really does it for me. Depends what you want it for. Competition I'd say 4.5 since weight and length aren't crazy important. A sidearm/duty/OC, a 4.5 or 3.8 would both be fine. For conceal... I'd choose neither!
CavScout88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

3.8", xdm

Search tags for this page

anyone want to trade xdm 4.5 for 3.8 ?

c5l xdm 3.8

how has the xd 9mm done in competitive shooting
how much tigher shooting groups are xdm than xd
i need a scope for a xdm 3.8
is xdm 3?8 good for competition shooting
kahr k9 vs xdm 3.8
springfield xdm rear sight 0 g h
tight grouping xdm
what is the sight radius of xdm 3.8 9mm
xdm 3.8
xdm 4.5 5.25 3.8
Click on a term to search for related topics.