• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Hoppes No. 9 Protip.

This is a discussion on Hoppes No. 9 Protip. within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; Hello XDtalk, I am new to these forums but thought I'd post this up for your enjoyment. We all love the smell of Hoppes No. ...

Old 06-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 71552
Lightbulb Hoppes No. 9 Protip.

Hello XDtalk,
I am new to these forums but thought I'd post this up for your enjoyment. We all love the smell of Hoppes No. 9 Solvent! Hoppes makes an air freshener, but that doesn't last and is expensive just to have the smell for a little while...

Protip: small glass dish meant for candle warmer + candle/oil warmer + small amount of Hoppes No. 9 = Smells like a gun nut's heaven.

Turn warmer off when you leave for the range, and back on when you're done cleaning your XD or XDm for a lasting aroma. Lasts for quite a while. When smell runs out, simply empty dish and put some more in. Doesn't need hardly any to fill a room with that great smell!

EDIT: Forgot to mention to do this with good ventilation and not to leave it on for more than about 40 minutes. The residual heat from the dish will keep the smell alive for hours but don't leave it on for that long, the smell will change as it gets too hot and not be quite as pleasant.

Last edited by b4t0s4i; 06-16-2012 at 10:14 AM.
b4t0s4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

cleaning, hoppes, smell

Search tags for this page
do's and don'ts with hoppes no.9 solvent

hoppe's 9 candle

hoppe's no. 9

hoppes 9 hawaii
hoppes 9 off hands
hoppes 9 solvent for xd40

hoppes no 9

hoppes no 9 vs.
hoppes no 9 xdm

hoppes no. 9

hoppes xd

using hoppes number 9 solvent as oil
ventilation with hoppes
where can i buy hoppe's no. 9 hawaii forum
where to buy hoppes in hawaii
xdm hoppes which
Click on a term to search for related topics.