• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Need advise...XD SC 9mm vs XDm 3.8 Compact 9mm

This is a discussion on Need advise...XD SC 9mm vs XDm 3.8 Compact 9mm within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; Any one experienced with both the XD Sub-Compact 9mm and the XDm 3.8 compact 9mm? I want both, but can only get one. My intent ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk » Need advise...XD SC 9mm vs XDm 3.8 Compact 9mm

Old 04-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 72826
Need advise...XD SC 9mm vs XDm 3.8 Compact 9mm

Any one experienced with both the XD Sub-Compact 9mm and the XDm 3.8 compact 9mm? I want both, but can only get one. My intent is to wear it everyday in a(n) IWB holster. I have a XD .45 service model and love it... so I know I am going with XD for my carry weapon. I have my own pro's and con's for both, but wanted your input for my final decision.

Big ticket is, is the XDm worth the extra $100+?

Any advice appreciated.
XDPLTSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-15-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 71200
Clearify please. You plan to carry your current XD or which ever of the 9's you mentioned?

I have a XDm 3.8 compact and REALLY love it but I'm a tall skinny guy (6'4" 170#) and my XDm is on the edge or too fat to carry. I can do and plan to but it you have little extra fat than I it would prob be more comfortable.

For me... the look of the XDm was worth the extra bucks. I'm not expirenced or knowledgable enough to know is the machanic make it worth more money.
AmickAndAmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 72826
which would you carry; XDsc 9mm or XDm 3.8 Compact 9mm?

I plan to carry either the XDsc or the XDm 3.8 (both 9mm).

I only mentioned the XD45ACP I have to profess my affenity for it... I wish I could conceal that thing, but it's a hand cannon.

I am also a tall thin athletic build... 6'1" @ 184lbs.

I already know I want an XD I can conceal and wear daily which is why I summed it up to these two models. Once I choose the weapon, I will be wearing it with a Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe

Last edited by XDPLTSGT; 04-15-2012 at 03:31 PM. Reason: more info to add
XDPLTSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:23 PM   #4
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 69896
I have a xd sc 9 and absolutely love it so I'm mildly biased. However, my good friend has the compact so I've shot both. The compact has the same feel has a full size...thicker. If you're looking for an all purpose pistol then the xdm would be better. For cc I'd go with the subcompact.

I'd recommend going to your local gun store and seeing which one feels better in your hand. And if you can rent and shoot both.

Let us know which route you go.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
-- Thomas Jefferson
Brbn1295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #5
XDTalk Member

Member #: 72320
I have shot both. Well the full size xdm 3.8 9mm and xdsc 9mm. I felt like the xdsc had more snap(recoil) then xdm cause of the 3" barrel. I went and picked up the xdm 3.8c 9mm and love it. The xdsc also had the finger extension and now mine does too. I love the looks alot better and it holds more in the same package so that alone says alot
Old 04-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 72789
I've shot both of them a lot (probably 500 rounds each) and will be owning both of them too (the one is paid for and the other will be too ). The XD sub-compact will be black and the XDm 3.8 will be duo-tone. I think it's worth the extra $100 and I will carry both of them as an EDC. I love the extra mag capacity of the XDm and it feels nice in my hand, actually probably the best of the 2. But the XD sub-compact is the best petite EDC. If the extra capacity isn't a big issue and the size of the sub-compact fits your hand good, the extra $$ can go to a nice holster and an extra mag or you can squeeze out a holster and belt too. Because you always need the accessories...LOL

Bottom line is you can't go wrong with either...Worse comes to worse, get both down the road...
pitandxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #7
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 42990
I faced the same decision. I personally own a 4.5 XDm and shot my friends 3.8 XDm compact at length...I went looking for a 3.8 compact for myself but I landed up "one-for-one" comparing the XD sub compact to the XDm compact.

I landed up going home with the XDsc.

Funny enough, that was a decision I really didnt think I'd make but I really found the smaller size and the smaller -$100 price tag to be worth it (for carry BTW).

I took it out that weekend and pumped 250 flawless rounds through it and I love the thing! It is extremely accurate and very easy to control given the short barrel...I can't complain one bit.

On a side note, I landed up putting Talon grips on them both (rubber) and although they're ugly as sin...they really work:

Old 04-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 72764
I prefer the XDsc because I can get a better grip on it compared to the XDM without any pinky extensions. Also, I just don't like the feel of the XDM grip texture.
txpaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #9
XDTalk Member

Member #: 72088
I have no experience with the XD, but I carry the 3.8 XDM 9mm compact daily. I came from a G27 which had less barrel and a little less grip in .40 and was MUCH snappier. I don't like to use pinky extensions because it adds just that much more to the grip which is the tricky part to conceal when carrying IWB.

I carry in a crossbreed supertuck. I'm 6'1", 225, so I've got a little more on me than some of you scrawny people but I have no problem concealing it under anything short of a tight tshirt....which I try to avoid anyway....lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
ssracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:49 PM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 72789
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssracer View Post
I carry in a crossbreed supertuck. I'm 6'1", 225, so I've got a little more on me than some of you scrawny people but I have no problem concealing it under anything short of a tight tshirt....which I try to avoid anyway....lol
ROFL...Tight shirts are for sure a printing violation and just not pretty unless you are a female and even then **** I better stop while I'm ahead...Needless to say, Good point!! LOL
pitandxd is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

xdm 3.8, xdsc 9mm

Search tags for this page
springfield xdm 9 compact vs xds 9
xd .40 subcompact vs xdm
xd 9mm 3 vs xdm 9mm compact
xd subcompact 9mm review
xd subcompact 9mm vs xdm compact
xd vs xdm
xd9 compact review
xdm 3.8 .
xdm 3.8 9mm compact
xdm 3.8 compact
xdm 9mm 3.8 compact reviews

xdm 9mm compact

xdm 9mm compact vs xd sub compact 9mm
xdm compact 9mm
xds 9mm or xdm compact
xds 9mm vs xdm 9mm compact
Click on a term to search for related topics.