• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Need advise...XD SC 9mm vs XDm 3.8 Compact 9mm

This is a discussion on Need advise...XD SC 9mm vs XDm 3.8 Compact 9mm within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; I carry my XDm 3.8 in .40 cal in a crossbreed everyday ! I also love it and it is much snappier than the 9 ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk » Need advise...XD SC 9mm vs XDm 3.8 Compact 9mm

Old 04-15-2012, 09:24 PM   #11
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 71177
I carry my XDm 3.8 in .40 cal in a crossbreed everyday ! I also love it and it is much snappier than the 9 but it is a common caliber in my collection! I thought the compact was too small !

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Springfield Xdm 3.8 compact .40 EDC in a Tennessee holster and a crossbreed supertuck

Springfield XDm 5.25 comp in 9mm

M&P shield in 9mm and a CBST

M10 762 AK-47
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Winchester 1200 trap shooter !
Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-16-2012, 12:41 AM   #12
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 72826
The votes are in...

I have to make my decision quickly, and it seems as though most of you agree. Looks like I am going with the XDsc 9mm in OD Green. Not only is it cheaper (by A LOT) but it being similar to my Service Model makes transitioning seamless. For the price of the XDm, I can get the XDsc and the Crossbreed Holster, with cash left over!

I really like the new XDs, wouldn't mind owning that monster too.
XDPLTSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:18 AM   #13
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 74138
Smile xdsc or xdm compact

I purchased the 9mm xdm compact about 2months ago and have shot about a hundred rounds through it. I am relatively new to hand guns (about 3 years now) but have had several guns during this period. I love the xdm 9 compact and have been carrying it. I had bought a junk gun (Bersa) and could not hit anything with it--so sent it back to the warranty gun smith shop and they could not hit anything either, even with two different new slides. So a miralce happened--I talked "Academy" into refunding my money (well-store credit) so this week I purchased the 9mm xdsc for my carry gun since it is just a little smaller than the xdm compact. I shot about 90 rounds yesterday and it shot fine--a little more snap than the xdm 9 compact, but not bad. I do need to find a magazine with the "pinky" extension for the 13 round magazine. (is there an extension that will just fit on my current 13 magazine?) I had no misfires, ftf or any other problem until I came home. I loaded both magazines for carry and then noticed I couldn't release the 13 round magazine without clearing the magazine and then found out I only had to clear two or three rounds to get it to release. I then went looking on the Internet and see that I don't have a problem--apparently the xdsc does since so many others have mentioned the same problem I checked my xdm 9 compact and it has the same problem when fully loaded to capacity, but not nearly as severe as I can release it with some difficulty, but not nearly as much difficulty as releasing the xd9sc when filled to capacity.
I am going to start carrying the xd9sc as when I tested it yesterday, I had the magazines filled to capacity and it didn't keep it from clearing where it counts--out the barrel! I love both guns and am sold on the XDs. I also have a 40 xd service revolver that I purchased used and it is also a fine gun
Ramman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:54 AM   #14
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 31126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramman View Post
I loaded both magazines for carry and then noticed I couldn't release the 13 round magazine without clearing the magazine and then found out I only had to clear two or three rounds to get it to release. I then went looking on the Internet and see that I don't have a problem--apparently the xdsc does since so many others have mentioned the same problem I checked my xdm 9 compact and it has the same problem when fully loaded to capacity, but not nearly as severe as I can release it with some difficulty, but not nearly as much difficulty as releasing the xd9sc when filled to capacity.
Why go through all of that? Just lock the slide back and hit the magazine release. It should fall free. The issue is that a fully loaded (or nearly full) magazine presses hard against the magazine lock when the slide is forward. Relieve that presure by releasing the magazine while the slide is locked back.
You mentioned that your guns have very few rounds through them. The more you shoot, the more the magazines will break in. After a while, it will get easier to drop a full magazine with the slide forward.
Anyway, for unloading: Best practice is to lock the slide back, retain the ejected round, and then drop the magazine and verify the empty chamber.
Good luck and stay safe!

Welcome to the forum!

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government ~ Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined. ~George Washington

We are a free people living under a republic of our own construction. We may consent to be governed, but we will not be ruled. ~Kevin D. Williamson

NRA
katokahn99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:59 AM   #15
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 72652
Was going for the xdsc 9 till I got the deal on the XDM 9c, either is fine, but I lean towards the extras you do get with the m series, it is the newer animal.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:11 AM   #16
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 49858
M= More pretty, mythical match grade barrel, and more money.

"So...they say you have a monster? A curse upon this land?? I am ripper, tearer, slasher, gouger. I am the teeth in the darkness, the challenge in the night. Mine is strength, and lust and power. I am Beowulf!"- Anglo-Saxon Nowell Codex

μολὼν λαβέ
N.E. Tx.XD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:04 AM   #17
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 72652
Adjustable grip, more capacity, ect, ect. Would not say just cosmetics.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:13 AM   #18
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 57335
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.E. Tx.XD View Post
M= More pretty, mythical match grade barrel, and more money.
Hahaha I like that! I have the XDM compact 9mm. I carry it with the same holster you intend on using, along with a Crossbreed belt. I love it! I did put a Pearce grip extension on the 13 rounder, which I love. I showed an pistol defense instructor my setup while in a black tshirt and he sai he mever would have guessed that i was carrying. I didn't consider te sc because I liked how the XDM was a full-size gun and a compact at te same time. I'm 5'10" and 220lbs, just for comparison.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:03 AM   #19
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 74146
Excellent work[IMG]http://www.momshelper*******2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.momshelper*******3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.momshelper*******6.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.momshelper*******wanhuan1-2.jpg[/IMG]
Baker325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:46 PM   #20
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 72764
I went with the XDsc because the grip felt a little longer. With the XDM, I would have to have a pinky extension.
txpaladin is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

xdm 3.8, xdsc 9mm

Search tags for this page
springfield xd sc 9mm
springfield xd subcompact vs xdm compact
springfield xdm 9mm subcompact
xd 9mm compact review

xd subcompact 9mm review

xd subcompact 9mm specs
xd vs xdm
xdm 3.8 9mm compact
xdm 3.8 compact 9mm review

xdm 9mm compact

xdm compact 9mm review
xdm subcompact
xdm subcompact 9mm
xdm vs xd subcompact
xds xdm 3.8 9mm compact
Click on a term to search for related topics.