• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

9mm XD Magazines That Fit 9mm XDM?

This is a discussion on 9mm XD Magazines That Fit 9mm XDM? within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; Any truth to the rumor that 10 round magazines specifically for the old style 9mm XD Subcompact will work in the 9 mm XDM Compact? ...

Old 04-13-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 72744
9mm XD Magazines That Fit 9mm XDM?

Any truth to the rumor that 10 round magazines specifically for the old style 9mm XD Subcompact will work in the 9 mm XDM Compact?

I read elsewhere that someone tried it and while they said the mags are loose they claimed they functioned perfectly well.

In California and trying to find a solution to our 10-round mag restriction. I know the XD45 10 rounders will work fine in the XDM45, but specifically am looking for a 9mm solution.

Not terribly keen on the custom blocks done on some of the large cap mags to restrict them to 10 rounds.

Appreciate any info. to confirm or deny mag capatibility.

Thanks
XDPD32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #2
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 38362
no interchange for 9mm or 40. But XD and XDm .45acp do

Tactical black cat - sleeps in doorways

A right unused become a privilege for the ruling class.

john_bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 45398
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDPD32 View Post
Any truth to the rumor that 10 round magazines specifically for the old style 9mm XD Subcompact will work in the 9 mm XDM Compact?

I read elsewhere that someone tried it and while they said the mags are loose they claimed they functioned perfectly well.

In California and trying to find a solution to our 10-round mag restriction. I know the XD45 10 rounders will work fine in the XDM45, but specifically am looking for a 9mm solution.

Not terribly keen on the custom blocks done on some of the large cap mags to restrict them to 10 rounds.

Thanks
Springfield Armory did not begin producing the higher capacity magazines until they began producing the XD .45acp. The XD 9mm and 40S&W came before the XD .45acp and uses lower capacity magazines than the XDm version of the 9mm and 40S&W. The XDm .45acp uses the same magazines as the XD .45acp.

So any XDm (9mm & 40S&W) produced after the XD .45acp uses the newer, higher capacity magazine style and not interchangeable with the same caliber XD.

As I stated above, only the 45acp magazine is interchangeable between the XD and the XDm because they are exactly the same.

Check this out, but I don't know if this makes it compliant with the California laws:I have not used or seen anyone use this before, so I can't provide any other information or experience with this modification and if it is legal in California or not.

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!
szhttm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 72925
Hi,
I know you mentioned that this is not the ideal solution but until a better one presents itself you can do what I did. Valkyrie is getting me 2 new 19 rounds mags and blocking and riveting them to 10 rounds for Mass laws. Getting the new 10 rounders separate from what I have allows me to have options in the future. They are shipping to me for a total of $88 dollars with the 2 new mags, work to block the mag, and shipping. This might be a little expensive but the peace of mind is worth it to me until a better option comes around.

Valkyrie Arms
1751 Houret Ct
Milpitas, CA 95035
408-957-0600
Valkyrie Arms - Welcome to our New Site!
Bgarvma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 39089
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDPD32 View Post

Thanks
You may or may not have read my post, but in it I wrote that the Subcompact 9mm 10 round mags will work in the XDm 3.8 Compact 9mm frame. You can not put the XDm mags into the Subcompact frame because those mags are too wide, hence the bit of slop. My XDm 3.8 Compact 9mm has now hurled 3K rounds using my Sub's three 10rd mags with zero malfunctions.

Maybe I just got lucky or maybe you'll experience the same thing.
little jack is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

Search tags for this page
compact xdm mag work in compact xd

do xd magazines work in xdm

does xd mags fit xdm pistols
will a xdm magazine fit in a xd
will an xd magazine fit an xdm
will xd magazines fit xdm
will xd mags fit xdm
will xdm mag fit standard xd
will xdm magazine fit xd
xd mags in xdm
xdm 3.8 9mm 10 round magazine
xdm mags work in xd
Click on a term to search for related topics.