• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Is it to BIG to carry?!?!

This is a discussion on Is it to BIG to carry?!?! within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; Thank yall for the input!!!...

Old 11-02-2011, 12:20 PM   #11
XDTalk Member

Member #: 64381
Thank yall for the input!!!
Remove Ads
Old 11-02-2011, 02:25 PM   #12
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 21370
I have often carried my XDm 3.8 .40. I sometimes carry my Sig P226. Sometimes it's the 9sc that tags along. Most often it's the Sig p229 .40. I use the same CBST for all.

It all depends on you and a good belt and holster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
NRA Life Member
digitalexplr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:42 PM   #13
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 22296
My first XD was the XD40SC, which I carried every day. After a couple years I got a 4", so I carry that sometimes. It goes in a desantis sof-tuck.

Federal weapon statutes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
cce1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #14
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 60785
Quote:
Originally Posted by br0ck View Post
Lots of variables... it really depends on the person, the clothes, the belt, the holster, the body type, personal preferences. I carry the 3.8 .40 all the time in a Crossbreed SuperTuck holster. Shorts, jeans, button up shirts, t-shirts... I can make that setup almost work with anything in my closet.
^^ Ditto

I have the XDm 9mm with the 4.5" barrel in my CBST. I may just be lucky, but where it fits on me at around 4-5 o clock, its right between the seatbelt and the the seat, so even in the car its not a problem. It prints a little between my cell phone and wallet which seems to disguise it.
PistolEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:33 PM   #15
Old Timer

Member #: 51906
I CCW an XD 40 Tactical all the time. Like....ALL the time. (When I'm not at work.) I have very little issues with it. I don't really care if I print (it isn't illegal here) so that helps.

Also, that's what she said.

A man who feels he must ask for freedom surrenders it by doing so.

I am a Man and for that no apology is offered.
mbquimby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:43 PM   #16
XDTalk Member

Member #: 64381
well in the winter time you dont realy have to worry about a print because mostlikely u will have a jacket on... Have yall ever thought how many people u pass by daily that are carrying lol.....
Old 11-02-2011, 04:42 PM   #17
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 45898
I have no problem carrying my XDm.40 4.5" in an OWB holster. Anything from shorts and a t-shirt to a suit and tie. No problems whatsoever. I even carried my XD.45 5" with no problems. The absolute "need" for a compact and an IWB holster is a myth.

"There are millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period." - Ted Nugent

"And now," Jesus said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." - Luke 22:36
GhostDog70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:54 AM   #18
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 32471
I bought the same model - 4" XD9 - a few weeks ago. I just got a THEIS iwb holster and it's perfectly comfortable, even with my cheap belt. I also bought a Don Hume JIT belt holster for wear with a jacket. Don't much care for the free SA holster.

That being said, I wonder how much easier/more comfortable the XDsc would be to CCW?
Txnowtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:32 AM   #19
AKC
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 41665
Hope this helps! XD9 Service in a Crossbreed Supertuck with her EDC companion DPX HEST.

Untucked

Tucked

I'm 5'10" 200lbs.

It works a little better with my 5.11 gun belt.

When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty.

-Benjamin Franklin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
AKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:52 AM   #20
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 25708
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolReject View Post
I might conceal it during the winter and if i realy like my XD i might get a XD Subcompact for times when it gets warmer out... with the crossbreed and simular holsters how does it feel when u sit down in your car or in a seat? thats what i worry about not being comfortable in public sitting down or driving
When mine goes on in the morning, it doesn't come off until bed. I think there was 1 or 2 times I've removed my pistol while on a long road trip, but I have taken many other trips where it stays on my side. Heck, I even fall asleep, both in the car and the couch, with it on. It is comfortable!
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom... The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else... You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.”
--Dr. Adrian Rogers
"The first five days after the weekend are always the hardest."
-- My wife
Wired is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

carry, carry concealed, carrying, size

Search tags for this page

5.11 belt and jeans

are sa xd to big to carry

cross breed holster for sig p229
crossbreed beretta m9a1

crossbreed holster concealed carry

dpx hest iwb sheath

hk usp crossbreed

hk usp tactical 45 vs m9a1
is printing in texas illegal with chl

sig p229 crossbreed holster

sig p229 vs xdm 3.8

warheads on foreheads shirt

xd(m) vs p229
xdm 3.8 or sig p229

xdm 40 od green crossbreed holster

xdm hk usp

Click on a term to search for related topics.