• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Looking for info before purchase

This is a discussion on Looking for info before purchase within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by JPerkMr954 Thank you everyone... I'm just going to purchase the SS... I want to find another way to store it aside from ...

Old 11-02-2011, 08:51 AM   #21
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 64491
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPerkMr954 View Post
Thank you everyone... I'm just going to purchase the SS... I want to find another way to store it aside from the case it comes with because of the foam attracting and retaining moisture... because this is going to be on me or out 99% of the time... or in a holster at night... so i'll just do what i need to... wiping the slide every few days...
I live in South Florida and I bought the SS XDm9 compact a couple months ago. I did notice little rust spots as little as two weeks after getting it. I was storing it in the case but I do not anymore- I also have been cleaning it more often even if I havent taken it to the range. It looks good- I cant see the rust anymore.

IMO either finish looks great and the only reason I bought SS was because I actually found a deal to buy it a little cheaper than black. Black is better for CC I think but the SS looks just a little nicer.
brianucf is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-02-2011, 12:29 PM   #22
XDTalk Member

Member #: 64992
Yea.. Im in south florida also... And that what I was worrying about.. but I figure if I dont leave it in the case.. it wont attract much moisture stored to start this from occuring... I need to call back SA for their recommendations...
Shoot me a DM... where did you purchase from and about how much.. I havent found the right price yet for me so I'm still looking for a good price... well the best price!
JPerkMr954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:46 PM   #23
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 64742
Quote:
Yea.. Im in south florida also... And that what I was worrying about.. but I figure if I dont leave it in the case.. it wont attract much moisture stored to start this from occuring... I need to call back SA for their recommendations...
Shoot me a DM... where did you purchase from and about how much.. I havent found the right price yet for me so I'm still looking for a good price... well the best price!

Do you want a bitone on your black XD/XDM?
rdrage73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:15 PM   #24
XDTalk Member

You coated your slide that was originally black?
Old 11-15-2011, 09:36 PM   #25
XDTalk Member

Thanks everyone for your info... Im just a few days away from purchase.... I have learned alot... i hope enough!
Old 11-15-2011, 10:03 PM   #26
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 51356
i had my ss xdm rust after shooting in the snow, then cleaning, wiping down w/ silicon rag, and storing in xdm hard case for 2 days. i attribute the rust to the foam case. on a + note, SA fixed completely free
Remington 1187 12 ga/ Remington 1187 20 ga youth
H&R 12 ga Ultra Slug / Marlin 336 .30-.30
Winchester 9422
NEXT: XDs?/ SR1911/ VBOB
Wife of 3 yrs (most dangerous weapon)
jhefner82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:54 AM   #27
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 65539
Don't have the stainless model, but heard there have been reports of rust spotting. Nothing too serious and not experienced on every gun. Seems easily fixable by either a good wipe down with silicone cloth, rubbing a little oil, etc. . .

a little care goes a long way.
[img]http://www.changshengniaos*******jh2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.changshengniaos*******2.jpg[/img]
Rex876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:03 AM   #28
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 64742
Quote:
You coated your slide that was originally black?
Yes. I went with urban digital camo that James from xd-hs2000 did, though everyone that has used the ION service from Springer has loved the look and had no rusting issues.
rdrage73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:19 AM   #29
XDTalk Member

Yea... I just decided im going to buy the stainless... *Update* I spent all weekend searching for the 3 inch in stock in my area to find no one had it! Going to try and order it today and see if they can have it in by weds so I can play with it on thanksgiving and get used to it!!

I do have a question though, about cleaning0 i saw a hoppes kit at my local walmart.. will that be enough to start with?
Old 12-17-2011, 06:51 PM   #30
XDTalk Member

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am now officially an XD owner!! Went to a gun show in the area and purchased!! I have to wait to take it home because I dont have my permit yet.. but at least I own it!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

40cal, stainless, sub compact

Search tags for this page
cz75 sp01 gun briefcase foam
do police officers carry stainless guns

how to remove etching from stainless steel slide

why does metal particals rust on stainless steel?
Click on a term to search for related topics.