• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

What's A Fair Used Price For A XDSC 40 cal?

This is a discussion on What's A Fair Used Price For A XDSC 40 cal? within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; I have a friend that I lent some money to and I'm holding his XDSC 40. It's in really clean condition and hasn't been shot ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk » What's A Fair Used Price For A XDSC 40 cal?

Old 08-30-2011, 09:56 AM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 60694
What's A Fair Used Price For A XDSC 40 cal?

I have a friend that I lent some money to and I'm holding his XDSC 40. It's in really clean condition and hasn't been shot much but the case and all accessories were lost in a house fire. Luckily he had the pistol in his vehicle.

What would this gun be worth as a fair buyer and seller price?
ltrmc02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-30-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
XDTalk Member

Member #: 62631
I would say about 400
Old 08-30-2011, 11:22 AM   #3
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 2714
If stock with zero mods, $425. If modded out, I would offer 50% of the mod price over the $425 if you see value in those mods.

OS
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:30 PM   #4
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 46422
Quote:
Originally Posted by KcChiefs58 View Post
I would say about 400
^This

I bought a very lightly used XD40SC with TruGlo Fiber Optic sights for $400 a few months ago.

Modifications tend to make me nervous. If the owner did the mod's themselves ... they may or may not have had any real idea how to do them.
Mudinyeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:36 PM   #5
XDTalk Member

Member #: 59383
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrmc02 View Post
I have a friend that I lent some money to and I'm holding his XDSC 40. It's in really clean condition and hasn't been shot much but the case and all accessories were lost in a house fire. Luckily he had the pistol in his vehicle.

What would this gun be worth as a fair buyer and seller price?
You can buy it NEW for around $400 if you just get the "kit" with 2 mags, lock, and cleaning brush (no gun and mag holsters), and taxes and background check fees would add about $30 to that. Add another $25 if you have to pay transfer fees. I'd say $350-375 would be a fair price for a used XD40.
PCollen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:14 PM   #6
XDTalk Member

Member #: 61056
I got my XD Sub .40 with the XD Gear and 300 rounds of ammo for $339.00!
It maybe had 50 rounds thru it. We have an indoor range here that sells guns as well. It was on consignment.
tugger50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:56 AM   #7
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 46422
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCollen View Post
You can buy it NEW for around $400 if you just get the "kit" with 2 mags, lock, and cleaning brush (no gun and mag holsters), and taxes and background check fees would add about $30 to that. Add another $25 if you have to pay transfer fees. I'd say $350-375 would be a fair price for a used XD40.
Complete XD40SC package is $454.00, shipped from JetGuns: Springfield XD 40S&W 3" Black PKG -- for Sale at JetGuns $454.00

If you can find one of the Essentials packages (no speed loader, holster, etc), you might be able to get it for close to $400 new.
Mudinyeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:19 AM   #8
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 60444
I bought my used XD40SC for $300. Extremely good condition. Had the case, cable lock, and 2 mags.
ffk_pennywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:05 PM   #9
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 60000
The Springfield XD is currently my favorite pistol. I really like this post. I have always been partial to Sig. However, they are a little out of my price range. Honestly I was sold on a Glock 32 until I came across this review. I am going to go hold the sa xd and see for myself. I suspect I will leave with it over the G32.
JackMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:46 PM   #10
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 41454
My LGS has a used XD40SC for about $425 iirc. Gilberts is/was selling new for around $400 on a special sale if I remember correctly.

Firearms: None. All were lost in an unfortunate boating accident on Tempe Townlake.

XDTalk Member Distribution Map

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Instructions on adding yourself are in post #497

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
texan_eagle_scout is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

Search tags for this page
fair price on a used springfield armory xd-40
price for used springfield xd 40
price used springfield xd 40

springfield 40 cal price

springfield armory xd 40 used value
springfield armory xd sc 40 cal used for sale
springfield xd 40 price
springfield xd 40 prices
springfield xd 40 used value
used springfield xd 40
used springfield xd 40 value
used xd 40

used xd 40 price

xd 40 for sale

xd 40 price

xdsc 40 for sale
Click on a term to search for related topics.