XD Talk

  • Home
  • Forum
  • Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XDM 9 Compact Question

This is a discussion on XDM 9 Compact Question within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; Hey everyone, I was hoping that someone could answer a question that I have about my new XDM. Do you have to have chamber a ...


Reply
Old 08-03-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
XDTalk 500 Member

 
elliotriley's Avatar
 
Member #: 60692
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 624
XDM 9 Compact Question

Hey everyone,

I was hoping that someone could answer a question that I have about my new XDM. Do you have to have chamber a round to have the magazine in the weapon?

I've noticed that unless the slide is back when I push the magazine in place it will not click and hold. If the slide is to the rear and I release it, of course a round is chambered. Is there a way to have the magazine ready in the firearm without having a bullet chambered?

Thanks! Have a great rest of the week.
elliotriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-03-2011, 03:19 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member
 
jason_wv's Avatar
 
Member #: 59476
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: WV
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliotriley View Post
Hey everyone,

I was hoping that someone could answer a question that I have about my new XDM. Do you have to have chamber a round to have the magazine in the weapon?

I've noticed that unless the slide is back when I push the magazine in place it will not click and hold. If the slide is to the rear and I release it, of course a round is chambered. Is there a way to have the magazine ready in the firearm without having a bullet chambered?

Thanks! Have a great rest of the week.
Yes. The XDM is notorious for having a very tight fitting full mag. But it will go in with the slide closed. Both of my XDM's had this "problem" but the more you work with it the better it gets. I also found that if you lightly oil (I use Eezox) the magazine itself and the pin that the mag catches onto, it helps a lot.
jason_wv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:24 PM   #3
XDTalk 500 Member
 
Rt1Rebel's Avatar
 
Member #: 59281
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Severna Park, MD
Posts: 641
Welcome to the forum Elliot. LOL at your location, that's gotta be the most liberal place in the entire world!
Rt1Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:25 PM   #4
XDTalk 500 Member

 
elliotriley's Avatar
 
Member #: 60692
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_wv View Post
Yes. The XDM is notorious for having a very tight fitting full mag. But it will go in with the slide closed. Both of my XDM's had this "problem" but the more you work with it the better it gets. I also found that if you lightly oil (I use Eezox) the magazine itself and the pin that the mag catches onto, it helps a lot.
Awesome, thank you for the response. It's greatly appreciated!
elliotriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:30 PM   #5
XDTalk 500 Member

 
elliotriley's Avatar
 
Member #: 60692
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rt1Rebel View Post
Welcome to the forum Elliot. LOL at your location, that's gotta be the most liberal place in the entire world!
Haha! That is a very true statement my friend. You should hear the people that ask my address on the phone:

Me: California Maryland, 20619
Other: You live in California or Maryland?
Me: No, California in Maryland
Other: Okay, so you have two addresses you would like on the account?
Me: No, it's a city called California in the state of Maryland. The next city up the road is actually called Hollywood, funny enough.
Other: Oh, ... okay, what was the zip code?

It's a great joy. It's actually gone on a lot longer than that before. Thanks for the welcome!
elliotriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:38 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member
 
jason_wv's Avatar
 
Member #: 59476
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: WV
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliotriley View Post
Awesome, thank you for the response. It's greatly appreciated!
Glad I could be of help! Welcome to the forum...I'd say from your western neighbor but MD is a little too liberal/anti-gun for us to claim!
jason_wv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:48 PM   #7
XDTalk 500 Member

 
elliotriley's Avatar
 
Member #: 60692
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_wv View Post
Glad I could be of help! Welcome to the forum...I'd say from your western neighbor but MD is a little too liberal/anti-gun for us to claim!
Hey, I agree with you on that! I'm only here because of the Navy base, in two years I'll be moving on
elliotriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #8
XDTalk 5K Member
 
Member #: 38362
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,482
Nearly all double stack mags load hard. Push it in and give it a major "thump!" with the palm of your hand. It will get easier after a while.


I have no problem with 16 rounds of .40 loaded with the slide closed. As others have stated, it will get easier as the spring relaxes.
__________________
Ever since the tragic boating accident, my only weapons are;

Tactical black cat - sleeps in doorways



A right unused become a privilege for the ruling class.

john_bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:30 PM   #9
XDTalk Newbie
 
Member #: 83462
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliotriley View Post
Haha! That is a very true statement my friend. You should hear the people that ask my address on the phone:

Me: California Maryland, 20619
Other: You live in California or Maryland?
Me: No, California in Maryland
Other: Okay, so you have two addresses you would like on the account?
Me: No, it's a city called California in the state of Maryland. The next city up the road is actually called Hollywood, funny enough.
Other: Oh, ... okay, what was the zip code?

It's a great joy. It's actually gone on a lot longer than that before. Thanks for the welcome!
too funny.. new in here happen to see this post and was reading it outloud to my wife who grew up in cali,md she laughed and said it happens to her all the time...
prklot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

chamber, magazine


Search tags for this page
california xdm 9
,
new xdm-9 compact
,
why the xdm 9c
,
xd m9 compact
,
xd xdm 9 compact
,
xd-m9 compact
,

xdm 9 compact

,
xdm 9 compact california legal
,
xdm 9 compact forum
,
xdm 9 compact problems
,
xdm 9 legal in ny
,
xdm california legal
,
xdm-9 compact
,
xdm9 compact
,
xdm9 in california legal
,
xdm9 legal in ca
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On