• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Warning about springfield oem night sights!!!

This is a discussion on Warning about springfield oem night sights!!! within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; WARNING ABOUT SPRINGFIELD OEM NIGHT SIGHTS!!! I have a one month old XDm9c 3.8" bitone with "Factory Night Sights". I've had troubles with my groups ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk » Warning about springfield oem night sights!!!

Closed Thread
Old 07-12-2011, 05:05 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 57192
Thumbs down Warning about springfield oem night sights!!!

WARNING ABOUT SPRINGFIELD OEM NIGHT SIGHTS!!!

I have a one month old XDm9c 3.8" bitone with "Factory Night Sights". I've had troubles with my groups with this gun and I finally figured out why. I'm losing my sight picture in the indoor light at the range. Why? These alleged Trijicon Tritium Night Sights are BOGUS!!! Why? Because Trijicon didn't make them. But they have the Trijicon name! Yes, they do and that's because the tubes are made by Trijicon but the Sight Assemblies are provided by Springfield, not Trijicon - even though they have the Trijicon markings and emblems which are supposed to verify that you have genuine Trijicon sights.

OK, so what's the difference? Real Trijicons have white ring tubes which surround the tritium tube so you can actually see the sight when it's too bright for the tritium to glow, which is most of the time. These BOGUS Springfield FAKES do NOT!

I'm going to be contacting Springfield to see if they are willing to make good on their FALSE ADVERTISING claims. The dealer I bought the gun from has offered to help me get a set of real Trijicons on my XDm9c should Springfield renege and choose to take my money and run. I really hope they don't do that, though the are the company that advertises being the oldest American gun manufacturer but hasn't made a gun in the USA in decades.

I don't like getting ripped off. I hope this post can help others from getting ripped off, too. But remember this...

DON'T BUY FACTORY INSTALLED NIGHT SIGHTS FROM SPRINGFIELD - THEY'RE FAKES AND ARE WORTHLESS IMITATIONS.
Ruger SR9c bitone
Ruger SR40c Black
Beretta 92FS Reverse Two Tone
Beretta 96FS INOX
Ed Brown Molon Labe Gen III Black
AR15 w/ Slidefire Stock
Remove Ads
Old 07-12-2011, 05:14 PM   #2
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 27123
This is not news; there's several posts here about SA just using Trijicon tubes, bit not actual trijicon mfg'd sights.

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge".--Isaac Asimov
Old 07-12-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 53491
Where do they claim that they are genuine Trijicon sights?
Old 07-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #4
XDTalk Member

Member #: 58753
I was totally planning on buying one with factory night sites! I was under the impression that they'd be just as sharp during the day as at night. So, you're saying this is definitely NOT the case? I don't want to spend $200 extra on a gun that I can only shoot in low light! If that's the case, the white dots are good enough... AND MUCH MORE FRIENDLY ON MY WALLET!

Sent from my SAMSUNG Android using Tapatalk
Old 07-12-2011, 05:31 PM   #5
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 1513
They are not fakes, but as Cuda66 said there is several threads about this, and for a time they were giving Trijicon a bad name since every one thought they were trijicon sights....which they are not.

Trijicon is one of the few Night Sight manufactures that has the Nuclear regulatory Commission licensing for manufacturing radioactive devices. So if you are a sight company instead of going through all of those hurdles what you can do is make your own housing then buy the completed Trijicon vials in your hosing and now you have a complete sight. When trijicon puts their vials into the housing the stamp the sight in white writing with Trijicon the H3(tritium) and the year of manufacture. So when you buy a set of XS sights that is why they say Trijicon. And is also the case with the Springfield OEM night sights.

I have always said it is not better to buy the night sights preinstalled.......and not just because I am an installer. There is a problem with the factory sights. But I don`t think they advertise that the factory sights are Trijicons so it is not false advertising. The sights are marked that way with all sights companies that use the Trijicon vials.

The factory "trijicons" lack the nice white ring around the vials that real trijicons have for use during day or night.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:19 PM   #6
wbw
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 38632
Damn. I just bought an XD-45 with the factory night sights. I pick the gun up tomorrow. It was a real good deal. I've never owned night sights before. Only fiber optics. I didn't realize that these were going to be hard to see in daylight. The night sights were practically free, so the worst case I guess is that I pay to get FO installed and I lose my good deal.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:59 PM   #7
df34adfe34

Member #:
These are what I got from the factory:

(clickable thumbnails)

Old 07-12-2011, 07:12 PM   #8
wbw
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 38632
That looks like what I'm getting, if I remember correctly. I pick the gun up tomorrow.

Do you have a problem with them in outdoor daylight?
Old 07-12-2011, 07:16 PM   #9
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 1513
Paul34 Those are real Trijicons, wbw if yours look like that then they are real trijicons.

XD-HS2000 Unboxing and Review Trijicon

Old 07-12-2011, 07:22 PM   #10
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 57789
Are you shooting in the dark at the range? How he hell are night sites causing you to have problems with your sight picture at a lighted range? Kinda like getting into a car accident at lunch time and blaming your headlights that you cant see..... Ohh and SA and every gun web sight lists them as factory night sights not trijicons.... I guess you should have researched before you bought, thats what i do. and you poor gun dealer is only selling you what you wanted from the factory...
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

night sights, springfield

Search tags for this page
factory night sights
night sights
night sights for springfield xdm
nite sights for springfield xd
oem sights for springfield xds 45
sights
springfield 1911 trijicon sights
springfield xd 45 night sights
springfield xd 9mm night sights

springfield xd night sights

springfield xd with night sights
springfield xd9 night sights
springfield xdm fake
springfield xds night sights
xdm factory night sights
xds 45 stock night sights
Click on a term to search for related topics.