• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Warning about springfield oem night sights!!!

This is a discussion on Warning about springfield oem night sights!!! within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by jlh820 OK, so what's the difference? Real Trijicons have white ring tubes which surround the tritium tube so you can actually see ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk » Warning about springfield oem night sights!!!

Closed Thread
Old 07-16-2011, 08:01 AM   #31
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 43658
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlh820 View Post
OK, so what's the difference? Real Trijicons have white ring tubes which surround the tritium tube so you can actually see the sight when it's too bright for the tritium to glow, which is most of the time. These BOGUS Springfield FAKES do NOT!
Are you telling us you can not see the huge square front sight blade in the rear square cut out of the rear sight? Why are you looking for dots on your sights?

I read a story about a ninja a while ago. Bought a genuine ninja suit at the mall. Got home tried it on, and loved it. Did all his ninja moves perfect. So he takes it off the next morning after sleeping in it and reads the tag. "Made in China" Mad as hell he returns to the mall to complain to the ninja store. "Didin't you know!!!!" he exclaimed to the merchant. "Real ninja suits are made in Japan, NOT CHINA!!!!!!!!!!"

The OP should win some kind of award. This is a new level I have never seen before in real life or the unreality web...............
Remove Ads
Old 07-17-2011, 07:45 AM   #32
XDTalk Member

Member #: 48127
What is strange is he blows in here 5 days ago yelling that he has been cheated and he is going to call Springfield and then never posts about this again. Maybe he figured out that he ordered the wrong sites.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:28 AM   #33
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 43899
...or maybe he's a troll and we are feeding him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
Old 07-17-2011, 09:01 AM   #34
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 43658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean82 View Post

No, he is trying to find the right adhesive to keep a hair curler on his pistol. When he gets that figured out he will be back.............
Old 07-17-2011, 09:07 AM   #35
CGP
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 52344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean82 View Post
...or maybe that he got such a reaction it spooked him.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:49 AM   #36
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 56494
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamesp51 View Post
Now Meprolights do not use Trijicon vials. Meprolights are made in Israel and imported into the US by Kimber. Meprolight actually makes their own vials.

More sights that do use trijicon vials.

Why do all the sights in these photographs look like they were covered in cheese and rolled in dog hair prior to having their pictures taken LOL?
Old 07-18-2011, 02:33 AM   #37
XDTalk Member

Member #: 57192
Exclamation I'm back

OK, so it seems I've stirred up a hornet's nest and then left for parts unknown. It wasn't intentional. I have some health issues I was struggling with to keep from winding back up in the hospital again.

Yeah, it's an excuse, but also the truth.

I did call Springfield. The first lady I talked to was very nice, but not able to help me. She transferred me to the Custom Shop where I talked to another lady, which I believe is a gunsmith/tech that actually works on the guns.

She wasn't exactly Ms. Congeniality, to say the least. But, she was frank and to the point. And the point she made was that my gun was custom ordered as is, with Springfield housings and Trijicon tritium tubes. She says they make it very clear when ordering that they are not Trijicon sights. I wasn't privy to the conversation, so I'll take her at her word. Though, she could have been a little nicer about it, if she'd taken the time to realize that I was the owner, not the person who ordered the gun from the Custom shop.

So, now that the dust has settled, I will admit to being naive about night sights. This was my first set and probably my last. While the Springfield rep insisted that their sans white ring sights are loved by owners all over the country, I doubt that most would prefer the sights without the white ring - either that or Trijicon has deluded themselves into thinking that this is a selling feature for them.

What I will also admit to, is that in the discussions I had with the gun dealer before I ordered it, he did actually tell me that these were Springfield factory installed sights with Trijicon tritium tubes. Me, being unfamiliar with night sights, I ASSUMED these were Trijicon sights factory installed by Springfield. It took a couple of trips to the range before I even figured out they were missing the white rings. What I did know was that I shoot a pretty darn good group with every other gun I own - just not with my XDm9c.

In response to the comments about sight picture, yes... I realize it's possible to acquire a sight picture without the white rings or the white dots. I've been shooting handguns for nearly 40 years, which also explains why "I" need the white rings. My 20/10 vision is down to 20/20 and reading without glasses is a joke. But my sight is crystal clear at arms length. But in the lower lighting of the range, my eyes and those sights just don't play well together and I find it difficult to reacquire my sight picture.

I guess it can be chalked up to "buyer beware". Yes, I got what I paid for and what was ordered. I know that sights can be hard to replace on the XDm's from my XDm 45 experience. I ASSUMED that the advantage to having factory installed sights by Springfield was assurance the sights were installed correctly, since the sights, especially the front one, is so hard to replace.

I'm retired now, but spent most of my career in Information Technology. I always tried my hardest to make sure users I dealt with fully understood things I had told them.

I'm not going to say that anyone intentionally deceived me, but omitting a crucial feature (Trijicon's website seems to think it's important) is at the very least, unfortunate.

In reviewing my conversations with my dealer, I'm confident that he did not intentionally mislead me. But I think he probably ASSUMED I knew these sights were not like the over-the-counter Trijicon's and it's not his job to educate me - my words, not his.

I still stand by my original post. Yes, I was angry when I wrote it, and felt cheated, even though technically, I was not. But my purpose for posting it was to try and prevent the same thing from happening to someone else.

I did more research on the XDm9c before deciding to buy it than any other gun I own, including searching XDTalk. However, I wasn't able to find this information - maybe it's there and I just didn't find it. I've discovered that when you search on a popular topic, the results can be overwhelming and hard to filter. Be that as it may, the XDm9c is still a great gun! But once the sights are changed for ones "I" can see better, it should finally be the gun I thought it was when I ordered it.

BTW - my poor grouping with the XDm9c influenced me to purchase the runner-up in my compact carry weapon challenge, the Ruger SR9c. I was finally feeling well enough yesterday to take it to the range and shoot it for the first time. The SR9c has standard Ruger 3 white dot, fully adjustable sights. Here's how the first 28 rounds I fired through it ended up. This is what I'm accustomed to my targets looking like. When the XDm9c's sights are swapped out for genuine Trijicon's, I expect similar results.

Ruger SR9c bitone
Ruger SR40c Black
Beretta 92FS Reverse Two Tone
Beretta 96FS INOX
Ed Brown Molon Labe Gen III Black
AR15 w/ Slidefire Stock
Old 07-18-2011, 02:56 AM   #38
XDTalk Member

Member #: 57192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
No, he is trying to find the right adhesive to keep a hair curler on his pistol. When he gets that figured out he will be back.............
Once again, I'm back.

I'm not familiar with the hair curler trick, as I wasn't with factory night sights. Maybe you can explain how it's done.

Oh, you were just joking! How stupid of me. I should've expected people on this forum to make fun of someone lying in bed with congestive heart failure and being too rude not to make answering snide comments their top priority.

But I guess I was just being naive again...
Ruger SR9c bitone
Ruger SR40c Black
Beretta 92FS Reverse Two Tone
Beretta 96FS INOX
Ed Brown Molon Labe Gen III Black
AR15 w/ Slidefire Stock
Old 07-18-2011, 07:01 AM   #39
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 21851
Trijion's name is on so much becuase they are the ones that make the radioactive material that glows in the dark. Other companies buy it and put it in there sights.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:29 PM   #40
XDTalk Member

Member #: 50968
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlh820 View Post
Once again, I'm back.

... I should've expected people on this forum to make fun of someone lying in bed with congestive heart failure...
We all need to be psychics too??

You stand by you original post but admit you were angry because of your own assumptions ?

So when does Springfield get their apology for your "fakes" and "false advertising" accusations?
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

night sights, springfield

Search tags for this page
night sights
night sights for springfield xdm
sights
springfield night sights
springfield xd 45 night sights
springfield xd factory sights

springfield xd night sights

springfield xd with night sights
springfield xd9 night sights
springfield xdm 45 night sights 4.5
trijicon hd glock sights
tritium night sights xdm
Click on a term to search for related topics.