• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

How much is my XD-40 worth?

This is a discussion on How much is my XD-40 worth? within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; Hey everyone, as much as i hate to say it, i need to sell my handgun. Been locked out of a good job for 2 ...

Old 01-02-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 23816
How much is my XD-40 worth?

Hey everyone, as much as i hate to say it, i need to sell my handgun. Been locked out of a good job for 2 1/2 years, only found temp short term jobs so far and the wife is battling migraines and not getting much work in at all.

I have a 3 year old XD-40 Bitone with a 4" barrel. I'm the first owner, only had about 200 rounds through it. Never carried. Very clean. It has the Crimson Trace Laser Grips. Still have the guns plastic case, and the kit that came with it. I have the original 2 clips and one extra? Even have an Avery case i use to carry it around in.

I need to do some research and see what i need to do on my end to make sure the transaction is safe and legal.

What are some other way of getting the most out of it other than asking gun shops etc?

I am very torn about selling it and know i wont get as much as i would like out of it. How much do you think it is worth?
iowabucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-02-2011, 07:42 PM   #2
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 51107
a NIB xd40 4" can be acquired for about 520-550. The crimson trace is about 325 new.

so all together about 850 new.

Since yours is like new you can probably get close to that, but the cheaper you sell, the faster you might get a buyer. A gun store wont give you anywhere near the value, as they would need to resell and make something on it. Private sale is your only option to recoup most of that. Consignment might take too long at the store, so you might want to use something like gunbroker or the like. If you sell there, you would need to have your local FFL ship the firearm to a FFL of the buyers choosing. Face to face transaction is also another option for you, but since I don't like selling my stuff, I would probably choose the FFL to handle the transfers.
MCL Member

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
Father Kevin Keaney, 1st Marine Div Chaplain, Korean War
USMCBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:51 PM   #3
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 45419
I paid $400 new for my XD40. I'd say you could probably get that for your bi-tone if its in real good condition. You could most likely sell the gun and laser separate for a better price unless you just happened to find somebody looking for both. Definitely dont take it to a gun shop. Just like cars, you can always sell them for more in a private sell than to a dealership.
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #4
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 47154
Ooh, I get to be the verbiage police?.... They are mags, not clips. LOL! Sorry, had to do it. I would sell the weapon and laser separately. IMHO.
  • XD Guys Extended Slide Stop Lever
  • Tru-Glo TFO Sights
  • AGrips
  • Streamlight TLR-3 Tactical Light
  • Silver Stainless Striker Spring Retainer

If the caliber of your pistol is higher than the SPF of your sunblock, you might be a redneck!...

"If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed."--Exodus 22:2
Don Pachuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:48 PM   #5
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 2677
Sorry about your misfortune. Things tend to turn around, hang in there. You can always get another gun when things turn around.

Quote:
Again, if you do not vote, you are part of the problem. If you vote Democrat, you ARE the problem.
XDRoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:47 AM   #6
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 7918
I'm trying to sell a pistol to get some extra cash too. Accessories don't tend to add up very well, as others stated, consider selling the pistol and LASER grips separately.
Good luck.
Uzi, Sterling MK6, GSG-5.
Bersa Thunder 45, CZ75-SP01 Tactical, CZ75 Compact 40, DW CBOB 10mm,USP Custom Combat40, SA-1911,
XD-9 Service, XD-9SC Black, XD-9SC Bi-Tone, XD-40 Service Bi-tone, XD-45C Dark Earth, XD-45C Tactical Black,
Sig P228x2, Sig P220, Sig Mosquito, Steyr M9, Walther P-22, Beretta 92FS Inox
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

Search tags for this page
how much does a xd springfield pistol
how much is a springfield 40 cal worth

how much is a springfield xd 40 worth

how much is my springfield xd 40 worth
springfield xd 40 cal worth
springfield xd 40 price
springfield xd 40 prices
springfield xd 40 used value

springfield xd 40 value

springfield xd 40 worth
springfield xd40 price
used xd 40
what is a springfield xd 40 worth
whats the value of a springfield xd 40
xd 40 price
xd 40 value
Click on a term to search for related topics.