• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Did I pay too much? XD40 Tactical

This is a discussion on Did I pay too much? XD40 Tactical within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; I recently paid $470 out the door for an XD40 Tactical and the essentials package. After looking around the forums (and becoming a member!) I ...

Old 07-08-2010, 05:12 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 47189
Did I pay too much? XD40 Tactical

I recently paid $470 out the door for an XD40 Tactical and the essentials package. After looking around the forums (and becoming a member!) I have heard that the gun is not selling well and I'm a little concerned -- should I be?

When I purchased the weapon the gunshop told me I could recieve store credit if I didn't take possession and I am wondering if I should take them up on their offer...

Thanks guys - any input is greatly appreciated!
Woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-08-2010, 05:20 PM   #2
XDTalk Member

Member #: 47202
me personaly i would take it... As a matter of fact before i bought my 45 tactical i was thinkiing of buying the 40 tactical but i have always prefered longer barrels.
jer6164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:43 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 46423
that an average deal. there is nothing wrong with a forty. it's some of the easiest to get your hands on right now. remember your opinion counts most and make sure of what you really want before you spend the money. try to rent a couple and go from there before you take it.
g.barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:50 PM   #4
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 47189
I absolutely want to stay with the 40. I don't want a concealed carry weapon, just something that I can take to the range and keep in the house for SD. I guess I will look at the XD40 service before I make up my mind.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:39 PM   #5
XDTalk Member

Member #: 44071
I have the XD 40 Tactical and I love it. I paid about the same, too
"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic."
- Ted Nugent
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
XDBill51773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:50 PM   #6
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 43899
**** no, I paid $560 for my XD40 service w/ night sights
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
Ocean82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:08 PM   #7
XDTalk Member

Member #: 47107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodie View Post
I absolutely want to stay with the 40. I don't want a concealed carry weapon, just something that I can take to the range and keep in the house for SD. I guess I will look at the XD40 service before I make up my mind.
As a range and home protection gun, what was your reasoning for not choosing the 9mm? The range ammo is much less expensive and there is a very wide range of self-defense ammunition.

PS..... For your purposes, I'd stay with the Tactical.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:44 PM   #8
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 45184
For a range gun, the Tactical model (5" barrel) would be great.

However, for Home Defense, the Service model (4" barrel) might be a better choice. The Service model feels a little more balanced (to me anyway) and is just as accurate as the Tactical model at 25 yards. Plus it is slightly more compact and there are probably more holster options for it (in case you ever decided to carry it concealed or want to tuck it in an out-of-the-way place in your vehicle while traveling).

Let us know what you decide to go with...........$470 out the door sounds reasonable.
dcsamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:32 AM   #9
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 39414
I'm a firm believer that only you can decide if it is worth it. It is your money and if you think it's worth $60 or $600 it's your choice. After all, you will be the one in posession of it, the one shooting it, cleaning it,etc...

In my opinion it was a good deal.

“It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish.”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”

GojuBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:38 AM   #10
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 33268
New XD's run from 430 to 700, I have had 4 of them and only one did I pay under 500...thanks to thunder john on that one.

470 is resonable, if you shop around you may find one cheaper, but not byy much.

40 is a good round, 9mm is cheaper and ballisticly the 9mm and 40, and 45 can be almost identical. (Flame suit on)

8 have found a prefernce in 45, I prefer a kick back rather than a muzzle flip.

.40 is too zippy and flippy for me. 9mm is decent, but I will always choose 45 over others.

Test as many as you can, and choose what suits you best!

IWB

OWB
xdmp22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

tactical, xd40

Search tags for this page
prices for springfield xd 40
springfield xd 40 for sale
springfield xd 40 price

springfield xd 40 prices

springfield xd 40 retail price
springfield xd 40 tactical
xd 40 price

xd 40 tactical

xd 40 tactical for sale
xd 40 tactical price new
xd tactical 40
xd40 price
Click on a term to search for related topics.