• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XD-9 Problem: loaded round didn't fire.

This is a discussion on XD-9 Problem: loaded round didn't fire. within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; I'm not sure what exactly the problem is, and it has only happened about 3 times since I've had the weapon (about 2 years now). ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk » XD-9 Problem: loaded round didn't fire.

Old 07-03-2010, 04:42 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 47122
XD-9 Problem: loaded round didn't fire.

I'm not sure what exactly the problem is, and it has only happened about 3 times since I've had the weapon (about 2 years now). However, if I ever need to use it, thats 3 times to many.

Today, I was towards the end of a clip, I had just shot a quick 3 round burst, and on my next trigger pull nothing happened. (I can't recall if I heard the firing pin click, but I don't think it did.) I thought maybe it was a slide lock issue, but when I pulled the slide back an unspent round flew out. Any ideas on why it didn't fire?

I'd appreciate the input. Thanks.
shifinshot52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-03-2010, 04:47 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 31347
this can some times happen if you short stroke the trigger, you think you released the trigger and it reset, but you did not get the trigger all the way out to the reset,

I have had this happen to me a few times, its like your finger stutters......
"What are the marks of a sick culture? It is a bad sign when the people of a country stop identifying themselves with the county and start identifying with a group. A racial group. Or a religion. Or a language. Anything, as long as it isn't the whole population."
addiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:52 PM   #3
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 3721
I would also suspect that you are not resetting the trigger.
Quote:
Battlestar Galactica Book Of Pythia
"All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again."
Quote:
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. River Tam Serenity
agalindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:55 PM   #4
AKC
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 41665
Could be a hard or unseated primer too. It's not always the gun. I've had this happen with some Hungarian ammo that was on sale at Cabelas. Had fail to fire in one box. Went to WWB right after same day and not a single hiccup. Glad I bought just one box to try before I purchased more.
AKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 05:01 PM   #5
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 47122
Thanks, guys. I know what to look for now if it happens again. I haven't had a single problem with my XD-9, absolutely love it, and good to know its probably my finger with the issue.
shifinshot52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 05:07 PM   #6
AKC
XDTalk 5K Member

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
Old 07-03-2010, 05:16 PM   #7
XDTalk Member

Member #: 39163
As others have said you could of short stroked the trigger. I've had my XD9 not light up a few rounds with hard primers here and there. When it happens keep the round. See if it has a good primer hit. If so load it and fire it again. Good chance it will go off on the second hit. That is if upon close examination you find nothing else wrong with the round. One last thing to do.
Striker fired guns get blow back from the primer. Even with the holes on the underside of the gun that are supposed to help keep it clean. Had my first experience with this on a Glock. Firing pin channel gets pretty nasty over time. It's easy to do. You might want to replace the firing pin spring also. A cheap bit of insurance.
HEREIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 05:49 PM   #8
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 7918
errrrr if it happens again follow the hang-fire rules.
DO NOTHING
Hold onto the gun for a good 30seconds or so and keep it pointed downrange, THEN chuck the round out.
Uzi, Sterling MK6, GSG-5.
Bersa Thunder 45, CZ75-SP01 Tactical, CZ75 Compact 40, DW CBOB 10mm,USP Custom Combat40, SA-1911,
XD-9 Service, XD-9SC Black, XD-9SC Bi-Tone, XD-40 Service Bi-tone, XD-45C Dark Earth, XD-45C Tactical Black,
Sig P228x2, Sig P220, Sig Mosquito, Steyr M9, Walther P-22, Beretta 92FS Inox
Kaboom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:53 PM   #9
AKC
XDTalk 5K Member

^^^ Yea. Sometimes you can get a slow primer and get a late ignition. I assumed he read his manual. (cough cough)
Old 07-06-2010, 02:55 PM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 47180
What ammo?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

firing pin, slide, trigger, xd-9

Search tags for this page
how to load and fire xd

round didn't fire

Click on a term to search for related topics.