• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Would you Trade??

This is a discussion on Would you Trade?? within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; Hi, I've been coming around this forum for quite a while and have found it to be a great source for information. It's actually the ...

Old 06-13-2010, 04:03 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 42102
Would you Trade??

Hi,
I've been coming around this forum for quite a while and have found it to be a great source for information. It's actually the reason I bought an XD .40 sc.....

So my question to all of you is, Would you trade the gun I mentioned for a brand new never fired S&W M&P 15-22?

My Springfield is a couple months old and I have only put about 50 rounds through it. It has the hard case and all the goodies that come with it too. I just don't care for the way it shoots and it kicks more than my Kimber which is a 45. I have nothing against Springfields at all, and I'm saving for one of their 1911's as we speak.

The guy with the M&P is local so there would be no FFL fees or shipping.

Does this seem like a good straight up trade? Would you trade?

Thanks.
Signmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-13-2010, 04:08 PM   #2
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 28164
Welcome. If the SC is not working for you then there is no reason not to sell or trade it for something that does.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:10 PM   #3
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 41788
If you're not overly happy with the .40, and you think you'll enjoy the .22, why not?
butcher 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:47 PM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 46446
Give the Springfield about 200 more rounds. I was thinking about trading mine after the first 100-200 rounds because of the recoil snap and crappy grip, but a little more practice and one of the Pearce grip extensions completely turned that around. I wouldn't trade mine for much of anything... maybe the Walther PPS. What a nice carry gun.

EDIT: No, it would have to be 2 PPS .40s. Ammo capacity is crap unless you dual-wield.
orbrecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:23 PM   #5
XDTalk Newbie

Thanks guys.

I kind of knew you guys would stick by your XD's....
I should probably be asking this in a more unbiased forum

Anybody else want to chime in?
Old 06-13-2010, 06:34 PM   #6
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 43722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signmaker View Post
Thanks guys.

I kind of knew you guys would stick by your XD's....
I should probably be asking this in a more unbiased forum

Anybody else want to chime in?

I didn't see that from the responses...are you just asking us to justify what you want to do? If you already decided go ahead.

Me, I will NEVER do it. Not because of brand loyalty but because of the caliber.

Last edited by Poink88; 06-19-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Poink88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:00 PM   #7
XDTalk Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poink88 View Post
I didn't see that from the responses...are you just asking us to justify what you want to do? If you already decided go ahead.

Me, I will NEVER do it. Not because of brand loyalty but because of the caliber. If it is 9mm I would say go for it.
I'm definitely not asking for you all to justify my decision, and I certainly haven't made up my mind. I just thought about where I posted and It seems obvious what the responses "will" be.

Does anybody have an M&P 15/22 or shot one?? What would you do?

Thanks.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:12 PM   #8
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 28164
Strange. Butcher and I both advised to dump it if it wasn't working for you in what I thought were completely unbiased responses. I'm certainly an XD fan but acknowledge that not every gun works for every person.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:24 PM   #9
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 45813
There were several that did chime in, saying that if you weren't satisfied, to either trade it or sell it off.

It's too bad that you didn't get to find an XD40 to rent, or try before you bought it. I would strongly suggest that you find an S&W M&P 15-22 to try before you make the jump. You could find that you like it less than the XD.

Finding the right pistol for "you" is like finding a good comfortable pair of shoes. You need to "try it on" before you buy. This could involve finding a Shop/Range that rents what you're looking to buy, for finding someone in your location that has one they're willing to let you shoot. Asking if someone ELSE has shot one and what they think about it is nothing like finding one to shoot yourself.

Are you "stuck" on going .40?
Old 06-13-2010, 07:52 PM   #10
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 7918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Rod View Post
Strange. Butcher and I both advised to dump it if it wasn't working for you in what I thought were completely unbiased responses. I'm certainly an XD fan but acknowledge that not every gun works for every person.

Good luck with your decision.
Two out of three told him to trade, not sure what the OP was wanting/expecting.
Uzi, Sterling MK6, GSG-5.
Bersa Thunder 45, CZ75-SP01 Tactical, CZ75 Compact 40, DW CBOB 10mm,USP Custom Combat40, SA-1911,
XD-9 Service, XD-9SC Black, XD-9SC Bi-Tone, XD-40 Service Bi-tone, XD-45C Dark Earth, XD-45C Tactical Black,
Sig P228x2, Sig P220, Sig Mosquito, Steyr M9, Walther P-22, Beretta 92FS Inox
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

m&p 15-22, trade, xd .40 sc

Search tags for this page
is a m&p 15-22 a good trade for glock 19
should i trade a glock 19 for a m&p 15-22
should i trade a glock 19 for a m&p ar 15-22
should i trade an ar 15-22 for a glock 19

should i trade an m&p 15-22 for a glock 19

trade xd 40sc for glock 26
would you trade a glock 26 for a rock island 45
Click on a term to search for related topics.