• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Would you Trade??

This is a discussion on Would you Trade?? within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; .40 just has that snap to it that some people do not like. I personally like it but I prefer my Sistema 1911 over it. ...

Old 06-14-2010, 02:24 AM   #21
Old Timer

Member #: 42730
.40 just has that snap to it that some people do not like. I personally like it but I prefer my Sistema 1911 over it. .40 had to grow on me so I would recommend that you give it a few boxes and see if you still hate it. If that's the case after then then hell yeah, get rid of it and get something else.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
chameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-14-2010, 02:33 PM   #22
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 42102
Thanks everybody for the responses. I sort of jumped the gun and assumed that everybody would just stand by their XD's, but I see I was wrong....my apologies.

The glock 19 was my first gun, and while I recently had the XD on layaway, I found a new kimber ultra carry and walked out of the GS with it the same day...So up until I held the Kimber and felt that trigger, I was all about the XD.

So now the XD sits mostly in the safe, and thats why I'm looking for something new. The idea of the mp-22 sounds cool because of the ammo prices and I could suppress it and shoot it in the back yard. But seriously, I just started thinking of trading the other day so maybe I'll take her to the range and give her what she needs....then decide.
Signmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:28 PM   #23
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 46423
I had an xd9sc for a little while. It was nice but I just wasn't big on the muzzle flip. I traded it and a Taurus millenium that suffered from their magazine dropping out problem for an xd45c. I love this gun. Might be more comfortable with a larger model. The M&P is a sweet rifle but if it was me I'd get the real version in .223.
g.barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:36 PM   #24
XDTalk Newbie

Quote:
The M&P is a sweet rifle but if it was me I'd get the real version in .223.
[/QUOTE]

Already got that covered. My wife just bought me a RRA LAR-15 in 5.45 but I'm still waiting for it to arrive...4 months and counting.

Hey James, you thinking about letting go of your G26 for say..........an XD .40 sc? Might be nice to have more guns in the same caliber. And now that I'm reloading, 2 calibers is better than 3.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:55 AM   #25
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 38424
If that's what works for you then go for it. Xd's are fine pistols, but like every other pistol on the market it may not be best for everyone. There is no one size fits all, reguardless of what some would have us believe.
Bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #26
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 32050
Hmmm, if it's not working out for you then you should definitely trade it. No one likes to shoot a gun they don't like, but like others said I think you'd love the 9sc, or the 45 much much more.

I was in an almost similar predicament, found someone that was selling a New, Never been fired IDF/K.I.S.S AR-15 and I was going to trade my XD9SC and some cash for it, and even tho it's lost carry time to my Kahr PM9, it's still a silky smooth gun to shoot, and decided not to trade it.
Mega Machines AR
Pistol AR (coming soon)
Microtech Combat Troodon
Reign719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:12 AM   #27
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 46642
With only 50 rounds down the barrel you have not given it a good try yet. The 40 is snappy( recently got a XD 40sc) and it is more snappy than a Glock 26 or even a 27 that I had.At this point if you trade you will later question your judgment (been there don that) but its your decision.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:24 AM   #28
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 41737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamescal View Post
If it was a gun i was not using i would be all over it. Anyone wanna trade for a Glock 26?

WTS/WTT: XD45c (VA)

XD9
G17
G19
G26
Walther P22
ThatSickRip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:41 AM   #29
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 45809
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepman View Post
With only 50 rounds down the barrel you have not given it a good try yet. The 40 is snappy( recently got a XD 40sc) and it is more snappy than a Glock 26 or even a 27 that I had.At this point if you trade you will later question your judgment (been there don that) but its your decision.
I would say that if you want a .40 cal then put a few more rounds through it.

It took me about 200 rounds through my XD9 Service before I "liked" it. I too wanted to stop shooting or trade. I was much more familiar with the 1911; the grip size, angle, and recoil characteristics are very different, especially when going to a 40.

Now that I am used to it, I would not trade mine. My XD's have collectively 1200 rounds with 0 failures. Very accurate, easy to strip, clean and reassemble.

IMO it seems that the .40 is a like-it/hate it caliber so it comes down to your preference. You have your reasons and preferences so thank goodness you can choose!

Good luck with your decision.

XD-40SC (his carry)
XD-9SC (her carry)
(2) XD-9 Service (his & her range and home)
.45 ACP 1911 (cuz everyone deserves 1 of these)

Obama Marketing: "Never underestimate the power of carefully worded nonsense"
craig_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:47 PM   #30
XDTalk Newbie

Some of the things that turned me off right away were the very stiff slide rack, awkward trigger and the snappy recoil, but I really hesitate to get rid of it just yet. I think I'll hang on to it a little bit and at least put a couple hundred rounds as some of you have advised. Maybe with some more "break in" those issues will smooth out and it'll grow on me.

After all,........she is a sexy little ******!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Would you Trade??-springfieldntrio-019.jpg  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

m&p 15-22, trade, xd .40 sc

Search tags for this page
is a m&p 15-22 a good trade for glock 19
should i trade a glock 19 for a m&p 15-22
should i trade a glock 19 for a m&p ar 15-22
should i trade an ar 15-22 for a glock 19

should i trade an m&p 15-22 for a glock 19

trade xd 40sc for glock 26
would you trade a glock 26 for a rock island 45
Click on a term to search for related topics.