• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Debating on XD(m) 3.8 or 4.5?

This is a discussion on Debating on XD(m) 3.8 or 4.5? within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; the first gun i ever shot was the 9mm xdm 3.8, and i absolutly fell in love. However that does mean i do not have ...

Old 08-03-2010, 08:33 PM   #21
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 43323
the first gun i ever shot was the 9mm xdm 3.8, and i absolutly fell in love. However that does mean i do not have much experience with many other weapons. anyway, the first 10 shots i put down range were all center of mass and solid shots. i ended up shooting better than most of the people i was with including the guy who just bought the gun. loved it so much that on my 21st B-day i went out and bought the 3.8 in 40, and i haven't looked back. I went with the 40 because i felt the 9 was really easy to shoot and decided to bump up tp the 40. the 40 is a little snapper and my shots were a hair worse than with the 9mm, but after a couple trips i feel really comfortable with the gun. and thats without any training what so ever. I also got the bi-tone because i love the look. I currently use mine as a truck and at home gun (i dont have my cc license yet but will get it soon). Versitility was a big for me its not too big or small, carry in the winter is possible, i can convert to a 9mm, and i can chop the grip if i want to and make it more concealable. For me the 3.8 is easier to fit in my truck and i can see it fitting in a safe easier as well. My opinion is somewhat biased because i have never shot the 4.5, maybe if the 4.5 was my first guni shot, i would have fell in love with that instead. i would like the new xdm 45 however. 45 seems more at home with the longer barrel. ok sorry im done now hope this helps.
whodat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #22
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 47289
Good Info

If you are looking for more opinions, I started a similar thread a while back and got tons of feedback.

3.8 or 4.5
fbc212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:05 PM   #23
XDTalk Member

Member #: 52499
I chose the 40 3.8" bi-tone version. My first handgun, so I cannot really compare to the long barrel, but i really like it, and am 100% happy with my choice.
mikedeanellis is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

.40, comparison, review, stainless, xdm 3.8

Search tags for this page

3.8 barrel vs 4.5 barrel

3.8 vs 5.0 brrel

smith and wesson 152446

springfield xd 40 barrel lengths

springfield xd 9mm barrel length

springfield xdm 3.8 vs 4.5

springfield xdm 40 barrel length

springfield xdm 40 compact bitone

springfield xdm 9mm 3.8 standard

springfield xdm 9mm 3.8 vs 4.5

springfield xdm barrel length

what size barrels on springfield xdm
which xdm balances better 3.8 or 4.5

xdm 3.8 vs 4.5 accuracy

xdm 40 bitone

xdm barrel length

Click on a term to search for related topics.