• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

i accidentally shot myself with my xdsc9mm

This is a discussion on i accidentally shot myself with my xdsc9mm within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; A: When I was younger me and my older brother were playing cowboy and indians..I had a red rider bb gun, he had a old ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk » i accidentally shot myself with my xdsc9mm

Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2010, 10:53 AM   #41
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 12586
A: When I was younger me and my older brother were playing cowboy and indians..I had a red rider bb gun, he had a old bear recurve fiberglass bow and an alumimum shaft arrow (with the tip unscrewed off) to make a long story short..i took an aluminum shaft arrow to the forehead, cutting a perfect circle to my skull (glad I am such a hard head!!)...after the doc cut a star out w/o anesthetic to sew the leafs together 18 stitches later I got to go home

B. A buddy of mine on another forum took a .45ACP hollowpoint to the elbow because his buddy in the back seat of his jeep was finger f***ing his pistol and ND...just a bit right it might have missed or left and took it to the back he would have probably been dead! here is his writeup! pistol-training.com How I Got Shot

C. I knew a guy in electronics in highschool that slipped with a hot soldering iron and drove it lengthwise in the webbing parallel to his thumb directly into the palm of his hand, he had a 3" deep hole paralleling his thumb bone all the way into his hand...it was nasty looking because it literally cauterized its way all the way in!

$h1t happens..learn from it...this is why I am so anal about firearm safety...
‎"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!" - Sam Houston
"quo vadis"
Remove Ads
Old 05-13-2010, 11:19 AM   #42
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 32302
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwPhuch View Post
A: When I was younger me and my older brother were playing cowboy and indians..I had a red rider bb gun, he had a old bear recurve fiberglass bow and an alumimum shaft arrow (with the tip unscrewed off) to make a long story short..i took an aluminum shaft arrow to the forehead, cutting a perfect circle to my skull (glad I am such a hard head!!)...after the doc cut a star out w/o anesthetic to sew the leafs together 18 stitches later I got to go home

B. A buddy of mine on another forum took a .45ACP hollowpoint to the elbow because his buddy in the back seat of his jeep was finger f***ing his pistol and ND...just a bit right it might have missed or left and took it to the back he would have probably been dead! here is his writeup! pistol-training.com How I Got Shot

C. I knew a guy in electronics in highschool that slipped with a hot soldering iron and drove it lengthwise in the webbing parallel to his thumb directly into the palm of his hand, he had a 3" deep hole paralleling his thumb bone all the way into his hand...it was nasty looking because it literally cauterized its way all the way in!

$h1t happens..learn from it...this is why I am so anal about firearm safety...
I could only imagine the cussing going on in that car. Hope your bud has a full recovery.

To the OP same to you.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:50 AM   #43
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 45929
When I was a wee lad my Grandpa was doing a wipedown clean on his .22 rifle and all of a sudden BANG, my Grandma got hit in the back in her rocking chair.
Fortunately no major damage or organs hit but a trip to the hospital and and a lesson learned by all of us. Stuff happens when you get too familiar and comfortable with your guns.
I wish you the best in your recovery , it could have been much worse.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:58 AM   #44
XDTalk Supporter

Member #: 20418
Welcome to the forum mountaineerscxd.

Glad you're OK..

Prelag strikes again...

"Scheiße nicht gegeben"......Deer Slayer
Old 05-13-2010, 12:37 PM   #45
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 15395
Glad to hear all are OK. Thanks for sharing, that took guts.

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ!
Old 05-13-2010, 12:52 PM   #46
Old Timer

Member #: 6414
I hope your finger makes it!
Old 05-13-2010, 12:54 PM   #47
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 45836
Wow, glad you are OK and hope the hand heals well.

Being a newbie myself, first semi-auto (XDM-40 3., I am still freaked out about it being loaded in "the secret safe spot". I do have OCD thoughts about it accidentally going off.

This example just opens all our eyes to the fact that it does happen.

Be well..

MW
Old 05-13-2010, 01:19 PM   #48
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 42790
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowl443 View Post
Shoot me a PM. I laughed at this.
Completely missed the joke there when I wrote it. Thanks for pointing it out.

PS - Is it too soon to interject some humor into this situation? Because if it isn't... I believe a vote is needed to change the OP's forum name to "Shooter"
Old 05-13-2010, 01:23 PM   #49
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 45813
VERY glad to hear that things didn't go worse... and that so far, recovery is going well.

One question... Where did the bullet end up? In a piece of furniture? In a Wall? Through the Wall into another room?

As a teen (in the 60s) my friend & I were cleaning our revolvers in the kitchen. He had reloaded and saw some smudges on the cylinder. Rather than unloading and wiping, he held his thumb on the hammer and cycled the cylinder. (You can see where this is going.)
Bullet missed him, grazed his pants, went through the Kitchen wall into my closet, into a dresser drawer, into a bag of TV Tubes (yes... TVs used things called Tubes in the 60s) and lodged into the base of a vacuum tube.
He made the slug into a pendant.

Here's to a speedy recovery to both your hand AND your wits.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:35 PM   #50
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 40685
Closest I have come to doing damage was with a P64 (small gun with one heck of a recoil). I was at a local range. I had the target in my sights and put my finger on the trigger. I have no idea why but I relaxed my grip and raised my thumb and bang. The bullet actually hit the paper right where I was aiming. However, the slide took a nice chunk out of my thumb.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

9mm, sub compact

Search tags for this page
accidentally shooting yourself

accidentally shot myself

field stripping bushmaster 308 orc
i accidentally shot my
i accidentally shot my self

i accidentally shot myself

i accidentally shot myself in the foot
i shot myself in the hand
shot my finger accidentally with a .22
shot myself
shot myself in the hand
what happens if i shoot myself in the hand with a 22
Click on a term to search for related topics.