• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Making a Lanyard hole on XD's

This is a discussion on Making a Lanyard hole on XD's within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; Just though of something... One sees older magazines with a lanyard loop on the baseplate; it would probably be a lot easier to just make ...

Old 04-15-2010, 01:16 PM   #21
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 27123
Just though of something...

One sees older magazines with a lanyard loop on the baseplate; it would probably be a lot easier to just make some sort of attachment to a spare magazine.

Sure, it's possible that the pistol could come out of the holster without you noticing, and the magaznie get ejected....but that'd be pretty long odds.

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge".--Isaac Asimov
Cuda66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-15-2010, 01:22 PM   #22
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 2677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tercel89 View Post
Well that is when the grip safety comes in handy
Ya the chances are slim but I certainly wouldn't want any gun dangling from a lanyard as I road off road. But you are right the grip safety would probably prevent any ND's. But I wouldn't want to try it.

But I don't think you'd have any problem just drilling a hole. I also wouldn't be concerned with resale value. Done properly it should look nice. More like a glock

Quote:
Again, if you do not vote, you are part of the problem. If you vote Democrat, you ARE the problem.
XDRoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:46 PM   #23
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 33268
Ok,
I think the lanyard is a bad idea, but its your gun and your ATV

There is a raised peice of plastic grip going down the center of the back strap, that is your center line. Unload pistol and place in your hand. How much room is between the bottom of your hand where it turns into your wrist, and the magwell? If there is about an inch or more you will be fine. From the bottom of the magwell, measure up about 1/2 of an inch and you will see the first grip seration, go to the second grip serration, and move to the center lind and drill a damn hole, I would start with a 1/8" and maybe go to 3/16" if need be.

From the opening from the magwell, behing the back strap, insert a key ring, and tie your lanyard to that

here is a good one
Pistol Leash - Black

there is also a break away one available somewhere that way if it gets caught on a tree or something it wont yank you off the atv

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

IWB

OWB
xdmp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:08 AM   #24
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 12109
Instead of drilling, perhaps you could fill the grip plug hole with some JB weld and sink an eyelet into the JB weld giving you an attachment point without drilling a hole in your grip.

I think this may be the method agalindo is referring to.
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps."
Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Ajcrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:02 AM   #25
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 42478
Thread Here:

lanyard

Magwells:

People Attach Lanyards to these, instead of drilling the weapon...

XD Stainless Steel Magwell

^there is a pic somewhere of this magwell with a lanyard in it

Smart Lock Technology Inc.

PISTOLGEAR | YOUR ONE-STOP SHOP FOR ALL THINGS PISTOL
^ Thread about this:
PistolGear Magwell for XD (First Pic Added, Post #30)

Lanyards I Like:

Sidearm Retracting Tether

$24.98 RT2-5530-A Retractable Pistol Lanyard - Velcro Strap - Tactical Gear at Patriot Outfitters

Other lanyards:

Pistol Leash

BlackHawk Pistol Lanyards
Pistol Leash - The Safest Way to Secure Your Sidearm and Equipment

GEMTECH : Lanyard, Black (100-001-835) - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools

GEMTECH : TACTICAL RETENTION LANYARD - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools

$24.98 RT2-5530-A Retractable Pistol Lanyard - Velcro Strap - Tactical Gear at Patriot Outfitters

$31.98 RT3-5553 Retractable Pistol Lanyard - with E Rotating Clip - Tactical Gear at Patriot Outfitters

$29.98 RT3-5563 Retractable Pistol Lanyard - with Rotating Clamp-On Belt Clip - Tactical Gear at Patriot Outfitters

$19.98 90TPL2BK BlackHawk Tactical Pistol Lanyard/Swivel - Tactical Gear at Patriot Outfitters

$14.98 90TPL1BK BlackHawk Tactical Pistol Lanyard-Coil - Tactical Gear at Patriot Outfitters

Sidearm Retracting Tether

GK Accessories

$28.98 RT3-5533 Retractable Pistol Lanyard - Velcro Strap - Tactical Gear at Patriot Outfitters

Gear Keeper High Tension Firearm Gun Retractor RT3-5563 Clamp On Belt Clip: unrealfind
Backup Carry Weapon: Taurus Tracker 44Mag Snubnose
Non Lethal Carry: Sabre Red Crossfire 1.3%
Flashlight Carry: Streamlight Strion 74301
Carry Knife: Buck PakLite Skinner

divxrippimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:23 AM   #26
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 43892
It'd be hard to have a negligent discharge with the grip and the trigger safety - but anything is possible. Maybe you should just duct tape the gun to your backside - no bouncing out due to trees but still available (painfully) if a situation were to arise. ***rrrrrrriiiippppp ----- aaaauuuuugggghhhhh! ----- bang***
Vicarious Cynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:22 AM   #27
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 3251
I'll try to post a pic when I get my new Lanyard . I think I'll drill a hole to one side or the other from that center "backbone" which looks like a structural piece of plastic . I'll get the pics up when my lanyard comes in .
Old 04-25-2010, 07:43 AM   #28
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 3251
Here is my Glock 26 . I just drilled a lanyard hole in it . I am gonna do the same for my xd-9sc . It may be a little tricky since the area back there near the mag is so thick . But heres my G-26 .

Old 04-25-2010, 11:43 PM   #29
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 42478
Can i see closeups of that? and of the SC install?

I WOULD SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO APPRECIATE IT!

That looks soooo bad ass!
Backup Carry Weapon: Taurus Tracker 44Mag Snubnose
Non Lethal Carry: Sabre Red Crossfire 1.3%
Flashlight Carry: Streamlight Strion 74301
Carry Knife: Buck PakLite Skinner

divxrippimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:28 AM   #30
XDTalk Member

Member #: 44946
I don't disagree with the lanyard idea. I think maybe a good kydex IWB or OWB (i.e. Comp-Tac or Raven Concealment) holster would help, though. something that "clicks" in. I'm not too concerned about an ND but it would be a really bad day if your pistol got wrapped around your rear tire or axle at 20mph...

Deut 6:5, Luke 10:19, Luke 22:36

Don't blame me! I wanted Ron Paul...
CombatLab is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

Search tags for this page
blackhawk pistol lanyard how to mount
blackhawk pistol lanyard xd45
glock 26 lanyard hole
lanyard
lanyard attachment for springfield xd
lanyard for springfield xd
lanyard loop springfield xd
pistol lanyard attachment for xd-40

springfield xd lanyard

springfield xd lanyard attachment
springfield xd lanyard loop
springfield xd pistol lanyard
springfiels xd leash
why are the holes in springfield guns xd
xd lanyard
xd pistol lanyard
Click on a term to search for related topics.