• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

My post-deployment present to myself

This is a discussion on My post-deployment present to myself within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; My vote goes to the XD.40SC, absolutely love this pistol. Its my primary carry piece! OK if it has to be a 9mm then the ...

Old 02-08-2010, 09:21 PM   #11
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 38812
My vote goes to the XD.40SC, absolutely love this pistol. Its my primary carry piece!
OK if it has to be a 9mm then the XD9SC gets my vote.

Are limiting yourself to the XD/XDm line due to pricing?

If not I would say get a the Springfield EMP, a micro 1911 it comes in .40 or 9mm. Springfield Armory
Also I would take it to a gun smith/engraver and have a reference or something to remind you why you bought it, and what you went thru to get the money to purchase this pistol. Make it something that you'd want to keep forever. A constant reminder of your service and sacrifice for your country ( like your tour date) or something that was positive about your service. That is something I would do, but thats just me.

"There is no such thing as tough. There is trained and untrained. Now which are you?" Man on Fire
jn_fsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-08-2010, 10:43 PM   #12
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 42406
I would look at all the 9's and see which one would be easier to conceal. Between the full size and the compact the compact is a great way to go. It turns into a full size with the grip extension and a higher cap mag. My vote would be a sc. I like the thought of a short barrel and a short grip. Not sure why everyone is voting for a 40. 9's are good guns. In my eyes if you already have a 40 then a 9 or a 45 or a 357 sig or anything different would get my vote. More variety. What the hell right. Plus a 9 is cheaper to shoot. That's my reasoning for getting one at some point. I got the 45 first since I love the 45. Next gun (not necessarily an XD but it could be) will be a 9mm then a 40. Plus a few more .45's.

T.C.
tcanthonyii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:39 AM   #13
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 43266
Thanks for all the well-wishes and advice. I'll be looking at them in a few weeks.
jmvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:38 AM   #14
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 38588
In the 3" I like the XD. For carry this is a tough firearm to beat. High capacity, reliable, accurate, easy to use and conceal.

In the 4" I like both the XD and the Glock for carry. Just have to hold and shoot both to decide.

Let us know where you are and someone will be close enought to let you try out your different choices.

Good luck and thanks for your service.
Joshua 24:14-15

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
joshua79109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:40 AM   #15
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 32926
get back home soon man. we all thank you for your great service. as for the gun go with the 40sc. it is what i want also. i love my 40 service

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

carry, xdm 9mm

Search tags for this page

deployment xd pistol

jn fsu 9mm thread

springfield xd deployment gun

Click on a term to search for related topics.