• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Accuracy of XD9 Service vs Ruger P95 & SR9

This is a discussion on Accuracy of XD9 Service vs Ruger P95 & SR9 within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; A few months ago I purchased by first hangun. (Ruger P95) This has been a good starter handgun, however the grip is bulky. I have ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk » Accuracy of XD9 Service vs Ruger P95 & SR9

Old 10-04-2009, 03:20 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 40062
Accuracy of XD9 Service vs Ruger P95 & SR9

A few months ago I purchased by first hangun. (Ruger P95) This has been a good starter handgun, however the grip is bulky. I have been much more accurate with my Walther P22, compared to the P95.

I have been looking at the Ruger SR9 or the XD9 service as a replacement for the P95.

If anyone has experience with each of these guns I would appreciate feedback on the following:
--Accuracy: which gun is the most accurate, up to 25 yds.
--Sights: which gun has the highest quality sights.
--Dependability: Which gun is the more dependable.

Thanks for any help.
brianr34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-04-2009, 03:28 PM   #2
XDTalk Member

Member #: 39695
Best bet would be to rent both guns and shoot them to see what is better for you. Doesn't really matter what anyone says, it could be nothing but high marks for brand X but you don't like how it shoots or feels in your hand.
SD Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:33 PM   #3
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 10854
well, I've got 25,000 rounds through my xd9 service with no failures... and I've got a buddy that has a p95 that can't make it through a match without a failure...

L. J. Joshlin

USPSA Range Officer (R.O.)
USPSA #A58364

Buckmark UDX Plus
Springfield XD-9 20,000 rounds failure free
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Ithica 12Ga. Ultralight - Gold Trigger Edition

Piney Woods Action Shooters

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
sloopy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:35 PM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 33859
I have an XD SC .40 and I have a friend who owns the SR9. I have shot both guns, one after the other.

They are both reliable and accurate. I was actually a little more accurate with the SR9, which I attribute to the longer sight radius vs. my XD Subcompact. The grips and triggers are different and one will probably fit you better. If you can, rent both and then decide.

kmc757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #5
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 39135
Accuracy is Average in my opinion.
But mine would spit the mag out after a every few rounds.
I think if you put them in a rest the accuracy would be very close with the XD ahead by a little.

What make the XD more "Accurate" for most people is that it points very well.
And if you can point it straight at the target and keep it there....
then it will be accurate.

My vote would go to the XD over the P95, ad for the SR9 I've had no experience with it. Sorry.
tnShooter83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 04:09 PM   #6
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 39578
My Dad has a Ruger P95 and it has had frequent failures since day one, my XDm 9 has had a single ammo related failure (ftf) with an extremely scarred up bullet. The accuracy out to 25 yards is good with either pistol as long as you don't try to rapid-fire the Ruger, it recoils up and right where the xdm recoils straight up and drops back on target making it very easy to place follow up shots quickly. The takedown features of the Ruger are awful as well, if you tip the pistol in the wrong direction the ejector plate can shift during reassembly causing it to jam and requires pulling the plate rearward with a pick while relieving tension on the slide to allow the plate to move.

Last edited by FrankC; 10-04-2009 at 04:19 PM.
FrankC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:20 PM   #7
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 39582
The Ruger SR-9 is a little thinner than the XD9. The sights are smaller on the SR-9 but they are adjustable. The Ruger has a thumb safety and the XD does not. The accuracy is about the same. Both are good weapons.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:52 PM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 25542
I shoot my XD9sc better than my p95. But my p95 has less recoil, and is easier to shoot, if that makes any sense (though I'm not more accurate). The gun "noobs" tend like to shoot my p95 more, but I like the trigger on my xd.
Gdirty5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:14 PM   #9
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 38284
I have two xd's and an sr9. I would get and xd i think they shoot better than a sr9. Just my thoughts.
kansasxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:23 PM   #10
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 29549
Both are good guns. Both will shoot just as accurate out to 25yds. In fact, they'd both shoot equally accurate out to 100yds. It's all in the hands of the shooter. Shoot both and see which you like better. Personally, the fact that the SR9's trigger group can't be disassembled due to the the pin being molded in to the frame is a huge turn-off for me.
-Thomas

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

Search tags for this page

p95 accuracy

p95 vs sr9

ruger p95 accuracy

ruger p95 or springfield xd
ruger p95 or sr9
ruger p95 vs
ruger p95 vs springfield xd
ruger p95 vs springfield xd9

ruger p95 vs sr9

ruger p95 vs xd9
ruger sr9 accuracy
ruger sr9 vs p95
springfield xd9 accuracy
sr9 accuracy
sr9 vs p95
Click on a term to search for related topics.