• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Where to buy 9mm Conversion Barrel for XD-40?

This is a discussion on Where to buy 9mm Conversion Barrel for XD-40? within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; I'm sure this information has probably been passed around, but I can't find exactly what I'm looking for right off-hand. Where can I buy the ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk » Where to buy 9mm Conversion Barrel for XD-40?

Old 08-20-2009, 08:40 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 39047
Where to buy 9mm Conversion Barrel for XD-40?

I'm sure this information has probably been passed around, but I can't find exactly what I'm looking for right off-hand. Where can I buy the 9mm drop-in barrel for my XD-40? Are there different/more reliable brands? Any idea how much they cost?

Also, once I do get this barrel in, do I also need new 9mm magazines? Seems like I was reading that I can just pump my 40 mag full of 9 cartridges. True?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
XD-40 Sub-Compact
dorough is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-20-2009, 09:39 PM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 21693
There are several companies who make conversion barrels, below is one that I have for my Sub Compact. As far as the magazines, I believe you can modify the lip of the .40S&W magazines, but I chose to buy the 9mm magazines.

Welcome to EFKFireDragon.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Old 08-20-2009, 09:41 PM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 35934
EFK= GOOD! I bought the 9mm mags also rather than altering my 40s.
Spartan299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:47 PM   #4
XDTalk Member

Member #: 12223
okey,i have they xd 9 service..and i would like to get the 40 conversion barrel..is it legal to carry the 40 while cc?
Old 08-20-2009, 11:05 PM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 38671
Quote:
Originally Posted by nit3hawk1803 View Post
okey,i have they xd 9 service..and i would like to get the 40 conversion barrel..is it legal to carry the 40 while cc?
They don't sell a up conversion, only down. They say something about the 9 to 40 is not workable due to the block space for the back of the case. The firing pin wont hit.
Ruger 357 6"
Help with the CC law
Ccspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:44 AM   #6
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 6152
DoRought... Try Pistol Gear for the barrel. They are a sponsor here and I bought one of their replacement barrels for my XD40 Service Model. It dropped in and worked splendidly.

Nit3hawk... You cannot go UP in caliber because the barrel of the 9mm is thinner than the required barrel for the .40 would be and so it won't go through the hole in the front of the slide. Plus... the breechface of the 9mm is more narrow than the .40 and so the cartridge would likely hang there and not feed. The extractor is also closer to the centerline of the bore and would also interfere with feeding without modification. So no... you can't go from 9mm to 40 without a new slide, and Springfield won't sell you one.

Conversely, if you have a .40, you can get a 9mm conversion barrel that is wider like the .40 and so will fit in the hole in the front of the slide. The breechface being a bit larger than the 9mm breechface will allow the 9mm to feed. 9mm magazines will go a long way to insure that the rounds feed correctly as they will position the nose of the cartridge more correctly than an unmodified .40 mag will. Besides... why mess up a perfectly good .40 magazine when 9mm ones are readily available?

Strangely, a lot of folks who do not believe in evolutionary Darwinism seem to believe in social Darwinism... go figure!
JustSomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

barrel, conversion, drop, magazine

Search tags for this page
9mm conversion barrel for xd .40
9mm conversion for xd 40
conversion barrel
conversion barrel for xd 40
springfield xd 40 conversion barrel
xd 40 barrel

xd 40 barrel conversion

xd 40 conversion barrel

xd 40 subcompact 9mm conversion
xd 40 subcompact conversion barrel
xd 40 to 9 conversion barrel
xd 40 to 9mm conversion
xd 40 to 9mm conversion barrel

xd 40 to 9mm conversion kit

xd conversion barrel
xd40 conversion
Click on a term to search for related topics.