• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Factory must intall night sights?

This is a discussion on Factory must intall night sights? within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; Purchased a new XD40SC, as a new carry gun last week, and a set of truglo night sights at a large and reputable store/range in ...

Old 07-22-2009, 05:40 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 38605
Factory must intall night sights?

Purchased a new XD40SC, as a new carry gun last week, and a set of truglo night sights at a large and reputable store/range in my area. At the time of purchase, I was told that the store had a sight press and I could expect to pick it up today (sights installed free of charge). Just before leaving work to go to range, I get a voicemail stating that Springfield has changed the way they put sights on the XD, are now using a hydraulic press, and only they are able to install the truglos. Has anyone else heard of such a thing?
Scrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-22-2009, 05:44 PM   #2
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 38419
I just had a set of Truglo night sights on my XD40SC today at a local gun gun shop.
40XDSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:33 PM   #3
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 37120
I installed a set on my XD9SC and XD40SC. Granted, I had to cut the rear sights off the XD40SC and it took some HARD hits with a 3 pound maul to get the others off, but with proper fitting, the new sights went on easily.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:04 PM   #4
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 23311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltyke View Post
I installed a set on my XD9SC and XD40SC. Granted, I had to cut the rear sights off the XD40SC and it took some HARD hits with a 3 pound maul to get the others off, but with proper fitting, the new sights went on easily.

Jay's Guns in Panama City did mine in a few minutes and did a great job
mirage2521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:19 PM   #5
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 38605
Thanks all. Called the store back, got the same story, asked to speak to the manager, and he admitted they could not install the sights as they did not have the correct tools and only glock gunsmiths on site. Looking for a gunsmith in the Columbus, OH area (new to area) now to install the sites. If anyone has a suggestion, it would be appreciated.

-Scrub
Scrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:34 PM   #6
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 39
This is the result of matchbook cover gunsmiths vs true skilled gunsmiths. If a sight is tight you can lap it to make it easier, or you can fight it. Guess which one you talked to?
A hydraulic press is just a bigger hammer. Fix the dimension and you don't need the bigger hammer. I'm grumpy don't ask.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:43 AM   #7
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 7918
And most importantly the sights on the XD are installed in Croatia, SA has nothing to do with it.
XD sights are usually tough, they have always been tough, they will likely always be tough.
I bought the Midwest Gun Works XD sight pusher, it works just fine.
Uzi, Sterling MK6, GSG-5.
Bersa Thunder 45, CZ75-SP01 Tactical, CZ75 Compact 40, DW CBOB 10mm,USP Custom Combat40, SA-1911,
XD-9 Service, XD-9SC Black, XD-9SC Bi-Tone, XD-40 Service Bi-tone, XD-45C Dark Earth, XD-45C Tactical Black,
Sig P228x2, Sig P220, Sig Mosquito, Steyr M9, Walther P-22, Beretta 92FS Inox
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:50 AM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 38658
My gun shop (stateline guns, plaistow, NH) was able to put trijicons on my xD subcompact and did an absolutely fantastic job!

"The best example of good training is to never get in a fight."

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until you're ready to ventilate something..." -Anon.
dagwag77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:52 AM   #9
XDTalk 80K Member

Member #: 14053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrub View Post
... Springfield has changed the way they put sights on the XD, are now using a hydraulic press, and only they are able to install the truglos. Has anyone else heard of such a thing?

Nonsense! Any competent gunsmith can install TruGlos.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:54 AM   #10
XDTalk 80K Member

Member #: 14053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrub View Post
Thanks all. Called the store back, got the same story, asked to speak to the manager, and he admitted they could not install the sights as they did not have the correct tools and only glock gunsmiths on site. Looking for a gunsmith in the Columbus, OH area (new to area) now to install the sites. If anyone has a suggestion, it would be appreciated.

-Scrub

Although not in the Columbus are I had the gunsmith at the Gander Mountain in Huber Heights install a set for me and he did a fine job.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

sights

Search tags for this page
gander mountain install night sight
gander mountain springfield 1911 night sight
hydraulic press xd sights
installing night sights on colt m4
installing night sights on xds
night sights for sti spartan 1911
night sites for sti spartin
rear tritium sights for sti spartan iii
sa xd factory night sights
sti night sights
sti spartan 3 with night sights

sti spartan iii night sights

sti spartan iii with night sights

sti spartan night sights

xd sight pressure lbs
Click on a term to search for related topics.