• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

CC mag?

This is a discussion on CC mag? within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; Do you have to cc your mag? Can you get in trouble if it shows?...

Old 06-25-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 35373
CC mag?

Do you have to cc your mag? Can you get in trouble if it shows?
Old 06-25-2009, 01:47 PM   #2
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 27076
I don't recall seeing any law stating you cannot OC a loaded mag...
Old 06-25-2009, 03:33 PM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 31460
you are just asking for trouble if you open carry your mag. just keep it concealed like your weapon. why ask for trouble?

Save a Greyhound. Adopt one.
community is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:34 PM   #4
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 25129
Quote:
Originally Posted by community View Post
you are just asking for trouble if you open carry your mag. just keep it concealed like your weapon. why ask for trouble?
I open carry fairly often and so far there has been no trouble my way...most people will not even know it's a handgun magazine anyways.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Joeywhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:23 PM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 37685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeywhat View Post
I open carry fairly often and so far there has been no trouble my way...most people will not even know it's a handgun magazine anyways.
Carry with discretion, or you are asking for trouble. Why in the heck would you want everybody to see your gun and/or ammo anyway? This ain't the wild west, and carrying a gun does not make you cooler. It is there to protect your life and the lives of those you love, not to impress people.
xd-gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:00 PM   #6
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xd-gunner View Post
Carry with discretion, or you are asking for trouble. Why in the heck would you want everybody to see your gun and/or ammo anyway? This ain't the wild west, and carrying a gun does not make you cooler. It is there to protect your life and the lives of those you love, not to impress people.
Wow...you repeated exactly what was said before, and even managed to add the "wild west" argument. Don't worry though...it made me laugh.

Again...I open carry a lot. Maybe not a lot...but often enough. NO TROUBLE. Hell, no one has even ASKED about it. And even then only about 50% even notice the damn thing.

But you're right...when I open carry my pistol it's JUST like the movies, where I start shooting everyone who doesn't agree with me, and all the bad guys pick me out of the crowd and get into some old school gun fights.

Then once the fight is over all the women who ran for cover come out and hang off my arms and go on about how big my gun is and how cool I am because of it.

Trouble must be on vacation or something. Because apparently I've been calling it's name for a while now and it doesn't seem to pay me any attention.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Old 06-25-2009, 05:05 PM   #7
XDTalk Member

Member #: 35442
Go ahead and open carry your mag if you want. I'll choose to keep mine concealed as I prefer not to have a LEO's gun in my ear. Too many people with cell phone's waiting to call in a report of a guy with a gun. LEO will take it seriously and in Iowa anyways where your permit is given at the sheriff's discreation, it can also be taken away just as fast for a dumb move like that.
WhitBri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:09 PM   #8
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitBri View Post
Go ahead and open carry your mag if you want. I'll choose to keep mine concealed as I prefer not to have a LEO's gun in my ear. Too many people with cell phone's waiting to call in a report of a guy with a gun. LEO will take it seriously and in Iowa anyways where your permit is given at the sheriff's discreation, it can also be taken away just as fast for a dumb move like that.
Maybe in Iowa it can...

However in some other states that is not the case. If that were to happen here in MI (arrested and gun taken for lawful OC) you'd get a nice apology from the PD and a possible lawsuit on your hands.

It's pretty sad that people are conditioned to think in this way in this country...

Old 06-25-2009, 05:21 PM   #9
XDTalk Member

Member #: 37953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeywhat View Post
Maybe in Iowa it can...

However in some other states that is not the case. If that were to happen here in MI (arrested and gun taken for lawful OC) you'd get a nice apology from the PD and a possible lawsuit on your hands.

It's pretty sad that people are conditioned to think in this way in this country...
Agreed. Not trying to start a war, but here in Montana, and back when I regularly visited Arizona, I open carried regularly and also saw and see people open carrying as well. To date, Sheriff Earp hasn't stuck his smoke wagon between my eyes at the sight of me open carrying or anybody else for that matter.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:40 PM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 36222
Think of the children!

FatboyCykes is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

ccw, mag