• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

CC mag?

This is a discussion on CC mag? within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; Ok well, i was more asking if my shirt came up and my mag was showing and a cop sees it, if i would get ...

Old 06-26-2009, 03:28 AM   #11
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 35373
Ok well, i was more asking if my shirt came up and my mag was showing and a cop sees it, if i would get in trouble? There was nothing in the book i got when i took the class about that happening. Beause it is not my gun i think i would be ok, but just wanted to see if anyone knew for sure.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:49 AM   #12
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 36222
Not familiar enough w/texas laws to accurately answer that question. Check out Texas firearm laws, if they're like MI's it might be a little confusing and hard to research, but that's where your answer lies

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
FatboyCykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:47 AM   #13
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 9890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeywhat View Post

But you're right...when I open carry my pistol it's JUST like the movies, where I start shooting everyone who doesn't agree with me, and all the bad guys pick me out of the crowd and get into some old school gun fights.

Then once the fight is over all the women who ran for cover come out and hang off my arms and go on about how big my gun is and how cool I am because of it.
Dude, why are you making such a big deal of the obvious?
This happens to all CCW folks at least once a week, especially the women hanging all over us. Duh. Jeez.
Tard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:58 AM   #14
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 32074
open carry is only a big deal because of people that think it is a big deal. even many gun supporters are all hush hush about ocing. it is perfectly legal here. and it wouldnt be so OMG guy with a gun if more people did it more often.

open carrying doesnt provide any strategic or tactical advantage. but it is a big deterrent. a bg knows you have a gun. now he is gonna go prey on someone who he doesnt see has a gun.

its like the cold war. we never had nuclear war, because russia knew we had nukes too. and they didnt want to get shot back... thats deterence.

if a BG see's my gun he might not mess with me, because he doesnt want to get shot back. where if he doesnt know i have one, he might try something. its a deterent

AND A RIGHT!!! beyond all other things. i support people who oc. not because it makes your dick bigger. it doenst. but they are exercising a right appointed to them. and all non felons here in MI! its just as much a right as free speach, but if i walk around with a sign that says screw obama, its just another guy. walk around with a gun and now im a BG... nope. its just OUR RIGHT

fight for your rights and spreading the knowldege of them. because if we dont they will be quitly taken away
xdm4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:07 AM   #15
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 10198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeywhat View Post
But you're right...when I open carry my pistol it's JUST like the movies, where I start shooting everyone who doesn't agree with me, and all the bad guys pick me out of the crowd and get into some old school gun fights.

Then once the fight is over all the women who ran for cover come out and hang off my arms and go on about how big my gun is and how cool I am because of it.

That happens to you too.. Man I thought I was all alone..
Old 06-26-2009, 11:08 AM   #16
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 10198
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdm4life View Post
AND A RIGHT!!! beyond all other things. i support people who oc. not because it makes your dick bigger. it doenst. but they are exercising a right appointed to them. and all non felons here in MI! its just as much a right as free speach, but if i walk around with a sign that says screw obama, its just another guy. walk around with a gun and now im a BG... nope. its just OUR RIGHT
Say it again !
Old 06-26-2009, 11:31 AM   #17
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 25243
A mag pouch with a flap looks a LOT like a cell phone or multitool pouch. There are no problems with openly carrying it, and you are extremely unlike to draw attention for doing so.
Then the LORD said to Cain, "Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it." [Gen. 4:6-7]
Carnivorous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:58 PM   #18
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 36222
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdm4life View Post
open carry is only a big deal because of people that think it is a big deal. even many gun supporters are all hush hush about ocing. it is perfectly legal here. and it wouldnt be so OMG guy with a gun if more people did it more often.

open carrying doesnt provide any strategic or tactical advantage. but it is a big deterrent. a bg knows you have a gun. now he is gonna go prey on someone who he doesnt see has a gun.

its like the cold war. we never had nuclear war, because russia knew we had nukes too. and they didnt want to get shot back... thats deterence.

if a BG see's my gun he might not mess with me, because he doesnt want to get shot back. where if he doesnt know i have one, he might try something. its a deterent

fight for your rights and spreading the knowldege of them. because if we dont they will be quitly taken away

I disagree only with the OC not providing a tactical advantage. I agree with you that it is a deterrent and I think that is in and of it's self a tactical advantage, but I find it is also a lot easier and a lot quicker to draw than it is during a CC draw. Other than that, I completely agree

FatboyCykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:04 PM   #19
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 25129
OC is a tactical advantage for me...MUCH quicker draw times.

Joeywhat is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

ccw, mag