• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Cabela's high priced XDs

This is a discussion on Cabela's high priced XDs within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; I am still unfortunately not an owner of an XD but I am still dreaming and looking at them now and again. Anyway, I got ...

Old 01-11-2006, 02:51 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 5797
Cabela's high priced XDs

I am still unfortunately not an owner of an XD but I am still dreaming and looking at them now and again. Anyway, I got a $50 gift card to Cabela's and was thinking about using it to help pay for a new XD. Anyway, it is the new Cablea's in Utah. I was sad to see that their XDs were way over priced. At least for around here. At a local gun store they have complete XD packages with 2-3 clips or whatever, the holster, and all that for around $420. At Cabela's they were selling XDs by themselves for $500 or more. Anyway, I won't be buying my gun there when that day comes. Is Cabela's generally a rip off when it comes to firearms?
hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-11-2006, 03:12 PM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 6260
It likely varies by location. I know that when I made the trip to Cabela's in Dundee (MI) to buy my XD40, their price was low enough in comparison to Gander Mountain in Novi or my local gun shops to justify the trip. Then again, the checkout process was so long and painful that maybe the trip wasn't worth it.
JD McDorce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 03:12 PM   #3
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 7975
I've noticed the same pricing for the Cabela's here in Fort Worth Texas. It's common knowledge for us locals that you can wait till around closing time, when fewer people are around, that you can get them to come down competively.
Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:29 PM   #4
XDTalk Member

Member #: 7818
Re: Cabela's high priced XDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower
I am still unfortunately not an owner of an XD but I am still dreaming and looking at them now and again. Anyway, I got a $50 gift card to Cabela's and was thinking about using it to help pay for a new XD. Anyway, it is the new Cablea's in Utah. I was sad to see that their XDs were way over priced. At least for around here. At a local gun store they have complete XD packages with 2-3 clips or whatever, the holster, and all that for around $420. At Cabela's they were selling XDs by themselves for $500 or more. Anyway, I won't be buying my gun there when that day comes. Is Cabela's generally a rip off when it comes to firearms?

highpower,

That's around the price I paid for my XD "Tactical". Sometimes that just the way it is. If you keep looking for the best price you'll never get one.

Mail Clerk
Old 01-11-2006, 04:40 PM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 7752
I bought my service for $450 and that was gun, two mags, lock, etc. No holster or mag pouch. I don't like the Springfield holster much though so it was no sweat off my back. My best friend bought me enough rounds that I won't have to worry about ammo for the next 3 months. If it's a matter of $30-$50 get over it. I figure once you've paid a few hundred for something the extra $30 isn't much in respect. It's like bying a $7000 car and whineing that the tax and fees make it $7105.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:03 PM   #6
XDTalk Member

Member #: 7940
I do alot of shopping at the one in Sidney, NE and have found them very competitively priced. If they are high they are very good at honoring competitors prices.
XD .45 ACP 4" compact
XD .357 sig 5" tactical
ubnoxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:38 PM   #7
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 2541
Cabelas in Nebraska (the originals) are higher now than in 2003 when I got mine. Mine was $419 for the standard black XD40, now it seems they're around $489 or so.

"Did I say that outloud?"
brian40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:41 PM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 7209
see if they will price match?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
JesterXD40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 07:15 PM   #9
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 7518
I just got a quote from my local range who was the least expensive at
$450.00 for the 4'' service model, black in 9mm with no extras. Now, after the New Year they are up to $495.00 for the same gun. What I'm waiting to hear from him is what that includes as I contacted Springfield
and was told all 2006 xd's come with all the goodies offered with the new .45 ACP package: cable lock, mag loader, holster, belt mag holder
and better carrying case

XD-9
DMTWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:50 PM   #10
XDTalk Member

Member #: 7634
Cabelas

Hey, I thouogth the same thing. One day the sc40 was on sale for 439 with a holster 2 clips and 1 high cap, i went to a gun show and the exact package was 399 with a local dealer, so I went to cabelas where i had gift cards and the price matched, all they had to do was call the dealer and verify it. on teh phone they were all game but when i got there they said no, i ended up getting a customer service manager and told her what was going on and how this is why people choose bass pro over them. She did teh price matchon teh spot. the package wasn't on sale so it was 499, i walked out teh door 367

my advice, find it at a dealer cheaper, call gun department and verify price match adn go that route. pm me if you have any questions and good luck!!!
suertetres is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

Search tags for this page

cabelas xds

cabelas xds .45
cabelas xds for sale
cabelas xds price
does cabelas sell the xds

springfield xds cabelas

springfield xds for sale in pa
springfield xds price
xds 45 for sale cabelas
xds at cabelas

xds cabelas

xds for sale cabelas

Click on a term to search for related topics.