• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Problem with XD magazines

This is a discussion on Problem with XD magazines within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; I have an XD-45 ACP that I have had for about two years and shot several hundred rounds through with no issues, but recently when ...

Old 03-21-2009, 04:34 AM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 35523
Problem with XD magazines

I have an XD-45 ACP that I have had for about two years and shot several hundred rounds through with no issues, but recently when I attempt to change out mags they get stuck in the well. I never had this problem until about three four months ago and it doesnt seem to matter weather conditions (hot vs. cold)/fully loaded mag/empty mag/etc. Any one else having this issue?
NevadaAllStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-21-2009, 05:26 AM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 24597
I have seen this posted before and others have had this problem. I can't remember what the cause was offhand, but I believe it had to do with the top rear of the magazine getting bent backwards and hanging up in the magwell. Look at your magazines and see if they are bent backwards somewhat in the area I mentioned. I believe it can be corrected by using a pair of pliers and bending it straight. If they are really bad, contact Springfield and I am sure they will take care of the problem. They have great customer service.

I am sure someone will be along to give you better advice.
Spawnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:53 AM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 29650
Everything you need to know is here
Empty Mags No Longer Drop Free
or
Springfield Logo on Mags

At first they told me that I should just buy the new ones, but when I told her I just got my pistol back from their shop and spent $400 she reconsidered. If you try to call them make sure you tell them that you have only shot a few hundred rounds. Good Luck. If your a cop they will do it no problem and send you black if you want.
eb_311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:18 AM   #4
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 28164
The mags tend to bend at the top as stated in the threads but there is an even faster solution. Lay the mags on a flat surface with the front of the mag facing up and push down slightly on the top of the mag to flatten out the bump in the back. Even better if you use something flat when pressing on the front but don't use so much pressure that it bows the sides. Took about two minutes to fix all 8 of my mags.

Last edited by Dirty Rod; 03-21-2009 at 10:21 AM.
Dirty Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:57 PM   #5
XDTalk Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb_311 View Post
Everything you need to know is here
Empty Mags No Longer Drop Free
or
Springfield Logo on Mags

At first they told me that I should just buy the new ones, but when I told her I just got my pistol back from their shop and spent $400 she reconsidered. If you try to call them make sure you tell them that you have only shot a few hundred rounds. Good Luck. If your a cop they will do it no problem and send you black if you want.

Thanks for all the quick replies, I'll try all the recommendations. I am a police officer and have never heard of the black mags before but have always wanted to get some for obvious safety reasons working mostly at night. Do you have a contact number I can call or is it simply the Springfield customer service center?
Old 03-21-2009, 06:58 PM   #6
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 29650
1-800-680-6866
Ask for Lexi. She handles all L.E.O.
eb_311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:19 PM   #7
XDTalk Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb_311 View Post
1-800-680-6866
Ask for Lexi. She handles all L.E.O.

Thank you.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:11 PM   #8
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 26099
You guys are good. It's why I really enjoy this forum.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:17 AM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 27511
what about non LEO who do you reccommend that we talk to over at springfield ?
REDTAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:59 PM   #10
XDTalk Member

Member #: 37187
Hmmm, got a brand new XD40 Service. Only put 150 rounds through it with 180gr of Blazer Brass. Both of my range mags get stuck trying to drop when I hit the mag release. I noticed while locking the slide that the mags rub against the "magazine catch". I didn't know about the back of the mags bending, so i'll have to check that later tonight.

I did call Springfield and they were surprised when I said it's happening to my XD40. They were nice enough to ship me free mags, but I offered to send mine back if the free ones work. I know it would be nice to have 4 mags, but I want them to look at it so that another XD40 user won't have the same issue and so the issue is recognized by Springfield.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

magazine, stuck, xd-45 acp

Search tags for this page
how to fix old xd 45 mags from getting stuck
problem with xd mags
problem xd magazines
problems with xd 45 magazines
problems with xd magazines
xd magazine issues
xd magazines
xd magazines get stuck

xd45 magazines stuck

Click on a term to search for related topics.