• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Problem with XD magazines

This is a discussion on Problem with XD magazines within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; have the same problem - good to know Im not alone or loosing my mind...

Old 06-01-2009, 07:37 PM   #11
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 22180
have the same problem - good to know Im not alone or loosing my mind
TDSUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-01-2009, 07:44 PM   #12
XDTalk Member

Member #: 37187
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDSUS View Post
have the same problem - good to know Im not alone or loosing my mind
oh really! ok, yea...then im not crazy too.

so, your mags are rubbing against the magazine catch too? im gonna see if the back is bent and pushing it forward into magazine catch.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:20 PM   #13
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 22180
Well not real sure if their rubbing against the catch but they sure dont drop free when I hit that button. Ill be checking flat and such tomorrow
TDSUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:30 PM   #14
XDTalk Member

Member #: 37187
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDSUS View Post
Well not real sure if their rubbing against the catch but they sure dont drop free when I hit that button. Ill be checking flat and such tomorrow
errr, its best to not bother with it. just call springfield to replace your mags. i did as others have suggested and try to straighten the mag yourself. well, i did as they stated and with the mags EMPTY they drop like butter, but as soon as i put a round in the mag it becomes difficult to release.

on an even worse note, if i put 10 rounds in (im in kali )the mag wont push all the way up or lock on the catch. but for some reason i can have 10 in the mag and with the slide locked back, the mag fully loaded will lock on the catch. whats going on?

this is sad...ive only put 150 rounds through her.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #15
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 69637
I am new to the forum but would mention that I have an XD40SC and noticed that empty mags wouldn't drop, only dropping approximately to the level of the release catch in the magwell, then requiring a pull. Both my stock mags felt "tight and sticky" this way. I recalled that I had been using some cheap, jacketed flat-nose rounds at the range--won't mention the manufacturer. I am not recommending this but I placed the mags flat on my workbench with the back of the mag down and tapped them firmly up and down the front side of the mag with a hard plastic (not rubber) mallet. They now drop freely and feed perfectly with no failures both firing and hand-cycling. When all else fails, brute force prevails. Again, I don't recommend that you pound on your firearms components but I did and it worked. It is also my understanding that Springfield is aware of some mag warping or bulging and has been known to replace mags FOC.
Mindful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:14 PM   #16
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 69420
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaAllStar View Post
I have an XD-45 ACP that I have had for about two years and shot several hundred rounds through with no issues, but recently when I attempt to change out mags they get stuck in the well. I never had this problem until about three four months ago and it doesnt seem to matter weather conditions (hot vs. cold)/fully loaded mag/empty mag/etc. Any one else having this issue?
There is an issue with the 45xd. The rim of the case being extracted hits the nose of the top round in the mag on extraction and then drags across the case neck. It is not an issue so much if you use ball ammo as I have seen. If you use swc or lead bullets the case rim really binds up on the soft lead and then the rearward force bends the mag.

Do you use swc or lead rounds without a jacket?
tommytman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:46 AM   #17
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 31966
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytman View Post
There is an issue with the 45xd. The rim of the case being extracted hits the nose of the top round in the mag on extraction and then drags across the case neck. It is not an issue so much if you use ball ammo as I have seen. If you use swc or lead bullets the case rim really binds up on the soft lead and then the rearward force bends the mag.

Do you use swc or lead rounds without a jacket?
I haven't had any problems with the magazines during the several years I've been shooting a 40 or 45 XD. All of my ammo has been jacketed factory or reloads.
wlhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

magazine, stuck, xd-45 acp

Search tags for this page
how to fix old xd 45 mags from getting stuck
problem with xd mags
problem xd magazines
problems with xd 45 magazines
problems with xd magazines
xd magazine issues
xd magazines
xd magazines get stuck

xd45 magazines stuck

Click on a term to search for related topics.