• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Trading an LCP for XD Sub-Compact

This is a discussion on Trading an LCP for XD Sub-Compact within the General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk forums, part of the XD Talk category; I am thinking of trading my new Ruger LCP .380 for an XD .40 sub (found one locally for $519). Other than having 2 small ...

Old 02-24-2009, 12:53 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 31988
Trading an LCP for XD Sub-Compact

I am thinking of trading my new Ruger LCP .380 for an XD .40 sub (found one locally for $519). Other than having 2 small pistols is there any reason I should not do this? I have never traded a gun before so will I take a bath on a trade? Should I look to sell privately first? My LCP is post recall (S/N: 371x) and has less than 100 rounds through it, I also have 2 factory mags with the pearce finger extensions. I have about $375 invested in it..
Remove Ads
Old 02-24-2009, 01:05 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 31611
Do you own another .380? Or was the second "small" gun the XDsc? If the XD is your second small gun, I would consider keeping the LCP. I currently have an XD9sc, and it's too big for some carry situation IMO. I'm actually in the market for a LCP or P3AT. I find the need for a true pocket gun at times, which the XD brick is not. If you had to choose between the two, I'd take the XDsc, but if you can afford to keep the LCP, I'd do that. In a perfect work, I'd be shopping 9mm Rohrbaughs instead of an LCP, but it's far from perfect.

My .02.

XD9SC
P3AT
TellyDSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:47 PM   #3
XDTalk Member

Member #: 31988
the xdsc would be my second "small" gun. i compare the size to my xd45c which is way too big for me comfortably carry truely concealed. i do like the fact i can just put the lcp in my front pocket sleeve with minimal printing and go on my way.. i think i would need a front waist holster for the xdsc so that would be a tradeoff. i would like to keep the lcp and add the xdsc but not sure i can really justify another purchase (i've kinda been going crazy with gun purchases lately)..
Old 02-24-2009, 03:24 PM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 30356
I carry my .40sc everyday and consider that my big gun but I also carry my Micro Desert Eagle .380 as a bug.
Derekhie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:31 PM   #5
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 32421
How is the Micro Deagle? I've been curious since I first saw the photo. Reliable? Does it get decent velocities out of that stubby little barrel?

"There is no strength in numbers, have no such misconception; But when you need me, be assured, I won't be far away."
Armed2TheTeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:47 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 33859
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowninja View Post
I am thinking of trading my new Ruger LCP .380 for an XD .40 sub (found one locally for $519). Other than having 2 small pistols is there any reason I should not do this? I have never traded a gun before so will I take a bath on a trade? Should I look to sell privately first? My LCP is post recall (S/N: 371x) and has less than 100 rounds through it, I also have 2 factory mags with the pearce finger extensions. I have about $375 invested in it..
You should be able to sell your Ruger LCP for about what you have in it. Pocket .380 are hard to come by right now. I just sold one of two Kel Tec P3AT .380's I have. It was two months old and I lost only 20 dollars on it from what I paid.

Trying sellling on a Ruger forum, any local gun forum, or on Gun Broker.com. Read the rules on Gun Broker about selling to someone in another state. Easy to do, but you must ship it to a FFL that your buyer picks the gun up from. Major legal problem if you do not follow this rule.

By the way, I sold my Kel Tec because I replaced it with a XD40 Sub Compact. This is a great gun and super for CCW.

Good luck!
kmc757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:52 PM   #7
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 30392
Keep the LCP, it's a great little BUG and you'll probably regret selling it when you find yourself in need of something pocketable.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:01 PM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 28689
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoLex View Post
Keep the LCP, it's a great little BUG and you'll probably regret selling it when you find yourself in need of something pocketable.
Agreed. You will always need a pocket gun.
Remm 870
BoltsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:10 PM   #9
Old Timer

Member #: 20418
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoLex View Post

+1.
Love my LCP..
Nothing is better for a quick run to the store.
1lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:25 PM   #10
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 23515
I have both and i carry the LCP more than my XD40sc.

Guns...what guns...
Chris 141 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk

Search tags for this page
how much is a used ruger lc9 worth
how much should i get in a trade in for a ruger lcp?
lcp or xd subcompact
ruger 380 vs xd 40 subcompact
ruger lcp 380 trade in value

ruger lcp trade in value

ruger lcp trade value
ruger lcp value
ruger lcp vs springfield xd subcompact

ruger lcp vs. xd subcompact

sa xd vs. ruger 380 lcp?
springfield xd sljm 9 vs ruger 9 lcp
trade springfield xd .40 sub compact for ruger lcr-xs
trade xd for lcp
xd subcompact vs lcp
xd subcompact vs ruger lcp
Click on a term to search for related topics.