• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Squeeg-e from Remington - ISSUES!

This is a discussion on Squeeg-e from Remington - ISSUES! within the General Firearms Maintenance and Troubleshooting forums, part of the Use and Training category; Wanted to get an update from folks on the forum about your experience with the Remington or Rogers Squeeg-e. I bought several of these in ...

Old 12-01-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 82104
Squeeg-e from Remington - ISSUES!

Wanted to get an update from folks on the forum about your experience with the Remington or Rogers Squeeg-e. I bought several of these in varying caliber and have used them on my XDS and my AR15. I did a significant amount of research on the web and watched all the youtube video I could find in order to assure that I was using properly. Disappointedly, I have not had the success that others have had using this method. I still run several patch through in order to get all the dirt and solvent out of the barrel. Just to be sure on my AR I removed the flash hider and cleaned the chamber thoroughly to assure I wasn't picking up debris from the ends of the barrel. Still dirty patches. Keep in mind I only ran the Squeeg-e through once, as Bill Rodgers claims that you should not run through a dry barrel. I had similar results from my XDS barrel as well. What has been the experience of others now that these are out for a while? Initially people were giving these things rave reviews.
Powercat80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #2
XDTalk Member

Member #: 82604
I used one on my .30-06 and then ran patches through the barrel and it looked like I had not even cleaned it. I'm a big fan of the bore snakes. I bought one for the same rifle and ran it through once and then got a clean patch. I went and got one for every caliber I own and have been really happy with them.
Johnxuga is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » General Firearms Maintenance and Troubleshooting

bore snake, cleaning, maintenance

Search tags for this page
bore squeeg-e review
remington bore squeeg-e
remington squeeg - e review
remington squeeg e cleaning kit review
remington squeeg e review
remington squeeg-e
remington squeeg-e cleaning kit review
remington squeeg-e gun cleaning kit
remington squeeg-e kit
remington squeeg-e kit review

remington squeeg-e review

remington squeeg-e thread
rogers bore squeeg-e
rogers squeeg-e kit
rogers squeeg-e review
squeeg-e review
Click on a term to search for related topics.