• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Sticky This Holster List

This is a discussion on Sticky This Holster List within the Gear Talk forums, part of the Armory Talk category; This is the best list I can make of Holster Manufactures and Distributors on the internet. When I post it there are 87 businesses listed. ...

Old 10-06-2008, 12:55 AM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 24696
Sticky This Holster List

This is the best list I can make of Holster Manufactures and Distributors on the internet. When I post it there are 87 businesses listed. I delibertely left out the links that just lead you to more links, those aren't any fun. When I post this all the links work but if you find one that doesn't send me a PM and I will fix it or remove it. If you know of any other manufactures let me know and I will add them asap, I would like to eventually purge the huge distributors from the list and make the list more about the guys and gals that make holsters for me and you to enjoy.

AKJ Concealco LLC

Aker Leather

Alfonso’s Gunleather

Andrews Custom Leather

Art Of the Hide

Azrael’s Custom Leather

Bell Charter Oak Custom Holsters

Bianchi

Blade-Tech Industries

Blackhawk

Bluegrass Holsters | Welcome to Bluegrass Holsters

Brigade Gun Leather

Brommeland Gunleather

Bullman Gunleather

D.M. Bullard Leather Mfg

Cheaper Than Dirt!

Cobra Gunskin

Comp-Tac.com

ConcealCity.com

CondorsFlight.com

Coronado Leather

C. Rusty Sherrick Custom Leather Works

CrossBreed Holsters

CW Cases

Del Fatti Leather

DeSantis Holster & Leather Goods

Don Hume Leathergoods

Donner Gunleather

Edge Custon, Inc.

El Paso Saddlery Co.

Fist, Inc.

Fobus Holster

Galco

Gould & Goodrich

Graham Custom Gun Leather

Grandfather Oak Custom Carry

Grassburr Leather Works, Inc.

GunAccessories.com

GunnersAlley.com

Hedley Holsters

Haugen Handgun Leather

H.B.E. Specialty LeatherWorks

Hersey 4-Way Holster

High Noon Holsters

Hillsman Holster Company

Hoffners Custom Leather Holsters

Holster Heaven.com

Horseshoe Leather Products

Jagwear Concealment Holsters

JSHolsters Armory

J. W. O’Rourke Leather Products

Kirkpatrick Leather Holsters

K&D Holsters, Custom Gun Leather

Kramer Handgun Leather

K.L. Null Holsters, LTD.

Ky-Tac Premier Kydex Gear

Law Concealment Systems, Inc.

Leather Creek Holsters

Little Feather Leather Works

Lightning Arms Sports

Mernickle Custom Holsters

Mika’s Pocket Holsters

Milt Sparks Holsters, Inc.

Mitch Rosen Gunleather

NM Holsters

NOSSAR GUNLEATHER

Pale Horse Leather

PistolGear

Pistol Packaging, Inc.

PocketHolsters.com

Python Holster Company

Rafter S Gunleather

Rays Holsters

RM Holster Works

R.O. Gunleather Holsters

Security Pro USA

SideArmor

SmartCarry

Southern Holsters

Special Forces Gear

Strong Holster

Sunrise Leather

Survival Sheath Systems

Tauris Holsters. LLC

Tennessee Holster Company, LLC

Top Gun Supply

The Holster Store.com

Thunderwear: Holsters

TSC Holsters

Tucker Gun Leather

UBG Holsters

Uncle Mikes

US Gunleather

Wild Bills Concealment Holsters

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Proud Member

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Forum Poster

Carry On
Carry Always
Carry Everywhere

Last edited by LoneOak; 02-17-2009 at 04:53 PM. Reason: 1 bad link
LoneOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-06-2008, 01:16 AM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 21849
Jeez, I had no idea there were so many holster makers!!
Old 10-06-2008, 03:06 AM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

One thing that is really surprising me about the list is the number of manufactures who are backlogged and are no longer taking orders till they can fill the ones they have. Some makers are backlogged 6 months or more. It appears with 80 +or- holster makers in the US that there is still a large number of folks that want holsters and can't get them due to the huge backlog of orders. All of the quality custom makers have delays of several weeks and sometimes months before they can ship an order. A lot of the more simple cheaper styles can be shipped in only a few days.

I truly believe, even in our depressed economy, if you had a dozen or so people that were good leather craftsman, a good business plan along with a couple good unique designs, you could develope a viable business that would make you and your employees a comfortable living in a very short period of time.

I'm losing my job beginning in 2009 so If anyone wants to start a new business making holsters, let me know if you need a hardworking employee that is a "jack of all trades' and I will help you out all I can.

Proud Member

Forum Poster

Carry On
Carry Always
Carry Everywhere

Last edited by LoneOak; 10-06-2008 at 03:14 AM. Reason: cause I wanted to
Old 10-06-2008, 07:50 AM   #4
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 24062
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneOak View Post
One thing that is really surprising me about the list is the number of manufactures who are backlogged and are no longer taking orders till they can fill the ones they have. Some makers are backlogged 6 months or more. It appears with 80 +or- holster makers in the US that there is still a large number of folks that want holsters and can't get them due to the huge backlog of orders. All of the quality custom makers have delays of several weeks and sometimes months before they can ship an order. A lot of the more simple cheaper styles can be shipped in only a few days.

I truly believe, even in our depressed economy, if you had a dozen or so people that were good leather craftsman, a good business plan along with a couple good unique designs, you could develope a viable business that would make you and your employees a comfortable living in a very short period of time.

I'm losing my job beginning in 2009 so If anyone wants to start a new business making holsters, let me know if you need a hardworking employee that is a "jack of all trades' and I will help you out all I can.

Greetings! Don't forget about Bluegrass Holsters for your list.

To address some of your comments there are a few factors to consider, and I think it will be somewhat universal. To understand the situation you must remove from the holster buying population those who "want it now" as they will never be fully served in a custom market. This is where Galco, Aker, DeSantis, and other big makers come into play.

Even if there were a street corner where I could go to hire someone to help in my shop, that would not be the entire problem solver. A large part of what I do entails turning out a product that I would be happy to give to someone....this means that the edges are burnished well, all the cuts are smooth and professional, the molding appropriate, the dyes and sealants are laid down well.....and this does not come without time invested in pattern development, testing and evaluation, or the quality of the leather.

Even if I had someone in the shop to assist I would have to look over their shoulder constantly to make sure that nothing was missed....catching it too late in the game and the time spent up to that point is all wasted...and trust me, I throw away a goodly number that do not pass my standards. This can happen at any point in the process. To have another working in the shop would actually slow me down for quite some time as I would be monitoring their work and doing mine. It's one thing to have someone know how to use a tool, and another to know how to use it correctly and then have the experience to put it all into play. I have over 30 steps in the manufacturing of my holsters. Most of these are actual things that are being done to the holster during construction, and many are evaluation steps to decide if it continues or is restarted. As for simple holsters....nothing is really simple unless you are skipping some of the quality steps, short-changing the finishing process, etc.

I hate backlogs, too, however, there really is nothing that can be done to avoid it. In my case I do not charge customers to be on the waiting list. I charge only when I am starting their holster. The time on the waiting list can be utilized by the customer to assure what they are looking for, which firearm they want in their holster, change their mind about color, or change holster designs. I have had all of the above occur during a customer's time on my list and I cheerfully accept their changes. In some cases I have made changes in mid-construction as I know that the "old" order can be something used later for another customer.

Another factor to consider is that one-man shops have to try to find a balance between keeping orders rolling in, answering phones, making calls, writing and answering emails, and answering questions in forums such as this one. All of which makes for a long day....which brings up another factor to consider: prices are such that all of the above combined with the actual cost of materials and labor do not leave much room for profit. I make enough for me, but there would never be enough to share with another worker without raising prices.

Here are a few pics of holsters that represent Bluegrass Holster products:

First, the Mason-Dixon EC (extra cant) which is a convertible OWB to IWB holster. This one in cowhide....

This is the original prototype of the Horsehide Ghost Tuckable IWB:

We will be taking orders for Horsehide products shortly. I will offer the horsehide with the same quality and degree of molding available in my standard holsters.

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this forum. I will be happy to answer any questions.

**Forum Sponsor**
Bluegrass Holsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:37 AM   #5
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 21849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegrass Holsters View Post
Greetings! Don't forget about Bluegrass Holsters for your list.

To address some of your comments there are a few factors to consider, and I think it will be somewhat universal. To understand the situation you must remove from the holster buying population those who "want it now" as they will never be fully served in a custom market. This is where Galco, Aker, DeSantis, and other big makers come into play.

Even if there were a street corner where I could go to hire someone to help in my shop, that would not be the entire problem solver. A large part of what I do entails turning out a product that I would be happy to give to someone....this means that the edges are burnished well, all the cuts are smooth and professional, the molding appropriate, the dyes and sealants are laid down well.....and this does not come without time invested in pattern development, testing and evaluation, or the quality of the leather.

Even if I had someone in the shop to assist I would have to look over their shoulder constantly to make sure that nothing was missed....catching it too late in the game and the time spent up to that point is all wasted...and trust me, I throw away a goodly number that do not pass my standards. This can happen at any point in the process. To have another working in the shop would actually slow me down for quite some time as I would be monitoring their work and doing mine. It's one thing to have someone know how to use a tool, and another to know how to use it correctly and then have the experience to put it all into play. I have over 30 steps in the manufacturing of my holsters. Most of these are actual things that are being done to the holster during construction, and many are evaluation steps to decide if it continues or is restarted. As for simple holsters....nothing is really simple unless you are skipping some of the quality steps, short-changing the finishing process, etc.

I hate backlogs, too, however, there really is nothing that can be done to avoid it. In my case I do not charge customers to be on the waiting list. I charge only when I am starting their holster. The time on the waiting list can be utilized by the customer to assure what they are looking for, which firearm they want in their holster, change their mind about color, or change holster designs. I have had all of the above occur during a customer's time on my list and I cheerfully accept their changes. In some cases I have made changes in mid-construction as I know that the "old" order can be something used later for another customer.

Another factor to consider is that one-man shops have to try to find a balance between keeping orders rolling in, answering phones, making calls, writing and answering emails, and answering questions in forums such as this one. All of which makes for a long day....which brings up another factor to consider: prices are such that all of the above combined with the actual cost of materials and labor do not leave much room for profit. I make enough for me, but there would never be enough to share with another worker without raising prices.

Here are a few pics of holsters that represent Bluegrass Holster products:

First, the Mason-Dixon EC (extra cant) which is a convertible OWB to IWB holster. This one in cowhide....

This is the original prototype of the Horsehide Ghost Tuckable IWB:

We will be taking orders for Horsehide products shortly. I will offer the horsehide with the same quality and degree of molding available in my standard holsters.

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this forum. I will be happy to answer any questions.
Those are very nice holsters. Good work!
Old 10-06-2008, 04:09 PM   #6
Official Site Vendor

Thank you!

**Forum Sponsor**
Old 10-06-2008, 08:21 PM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegrass Holsters View Post
Thank you!
I added Bluegrass Holsters to the list. I like your Mason-Dixon OWB/IWB, I may have to get one of those for my Bersa Thunder 380. How much would that be?

I'm posting this list in all the gun forums I currently roam around in. So far I have put it here in the XDTalk forum, the 1911Forum and GeorgiaPacking.org. I am going to share it with the CalGun folks and the forum at GON-GeorgiaOutdoorNews. If you know of any where else it should be posted go ahead and copy and paste away, just please give credit for the list to the LoneOak and make a small donation to or at least mention http://www,GeorgiaCarry.org.

Proud Member

Forum Poster

Carry On
Carry Always
Carry Everywhere
Old 10-06-2008, 09:13 PM   #8
Official Site Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneOak View Post
I added Bluegrass Holsters to the list. I like your Mason-Dixon OWB/IWB, I may have to get one of those for my Bersa Thunder 380. How much would that be?
Thank you....the MasonDixon is $80. You can pay more than that if you like, but it is not necessary!

Take care and let me know if you have any questions.

**Forum Sponsor**
Old 10-09-2008, 05:25 AM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Thumbs up

Thanks for the Sticky Kermee!!!!! I put a lot of work into this list and I think it will be real useful for forum members for a long time to come. Thanks again for the Sticky!!

Proud Member

Forum Poster

Carry On
Carry Always
Carry Everywhere
Old 10-13-2008, 08:32 PM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 28925
D.M. Bullard, of course.
dmbullardleather.com

Has several models made specifically for every XD:

OhShoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » Gear Talk

Search tags for this page
dm bullard coupon
dm bullard coupon code
dm bullard coupon codes
glock 19 concealment holster
nightingale

remora coupon code

remora holster coupon code

remora holster coupons
simply rugged coupon code

sticky holster

sticky holster coupon

sticky holster coupon codes
sticky holster voucher
sticky holsters
sticky holsters coupon
sticky holsters coupon code
Click on a term to search for related topics.