• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Sticky This Holster List

This is a discussion on Sticky This Holster List within the Gear Talk forums, part of the Armory Talk category; Originally Posted by Christopherloaf I'm bringing this back up. I went to the blackhawk page and selected my gun and the holster I want. Then ...

Old 10-13-2012, 08:40 AM   #61
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 80265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopherloaf View Post
I'm bringing this back up. I went to the blackhawk page and selected my gun and the holster I want. Then when I went to the specific link to that holster, my gun (XD .45 Tactical) or any XDs aren't listed. What gives?!?
Very strange indeed. You can find Blackhawk holsters for the XD and the XDM at the national gun supply website. I don't have enough posts for the site to allow me to post a link. Silliest rule I've ever seen.

I carry a gun so I won't have to wait the rest of my life for the police to arrive with theirs.

Springfield XDM .40S&W
Ruger .40sc
Ruger .22
S&W Mod. 29 .44mag
Springfield M1A .308
Savage 10FP .308
Winchester 3030
Henry Golden Boy .44mag
12ga. SXS Shotgun
Gr8gunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-06-2012, 07:06 AM   #62
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 71138
Great List! Ill be sure to remember this one for every time I see a new thread about holster...

Tried going to Bluegrass Holsters, but the link doesn't work anymore. They clicked it 3 different times and it took me to 3 different places showing the domain was a available. Anyone know if they are in business anymore? I'd love to see what they have to offer. I live in KY and this would be a great local option for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown
The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.
My Toys:
Springfield XD9 Service Model
Springfield XD45 Compact
Springfield XDs 45ACP (EDC)
Sig Sauer P226 MK25
Colt Match Competition HBAR II
MSAR STG-556
A few more that arent listed....
Devin.Morris.007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:28 AM   #63
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 85085
you need to add old faithful holsters to the list. I did a search and, if someone else already mentioned it, i did not see it. I have one and love it. google them, a friend of mine found them surfing and i thought for the price why not. It turned out to be the best one i have by far for CCW EDC.
dpip4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:18 PM   #64
XDTalk Member

Member #: 86593
I ordered a Crossbreed Snap slide holster for XDm .40 5.25 the other day, hopefully it will come in a somewhat normal time frame. Everything you want or need nowadays is out of stock or back ordered..
PFD664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:04 PM   #65
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 86903
Not to be a stickler but if we are still doing this can we get Bear Creek Holsters added to this? They are a supporting vendor and Doug is AMAZING!!!

Front Pocket, Back (Wallet) Pocket, IWB, OWB Leather Handcrafted, Hand-stitched Holsters|Bear Creek Metal Works, Texas
Old 02-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #66
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 79338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegrass Holsters View Post
Greetings! Don't forget about Bluegrass Holsters for your list.

To address some of your comments there are a few factors to consider, and I think it will be somewhat universal. To understand the situation you must remove from the holster buying population those who "want it now" as they will never be fully served in a custom market. This is where Galco, Aker, DeSantis, and other big makers come into play.

Even if there were a street corner where I could go to hire someone to help in my shop, that would not be the entire problem solver. A large part of what I do entails turning out a product that I would be happy to give to someone....this means that the edges are burnished well, all the cuts are smooth and professional, the molding appropriate, the dyes and sealants are laid down well.....and this does not come without time invested in pattern development, testing and evaluation, or the quality of the leather.

Even if I had someone in the shop to assist I would have to look over their shoulder constantly to make sure that nothing was missed....catching it too late in the game and the time spent up to that point is all wasted...and trust me, I throw away a goodly number that do not pass my standards. This can happen at any point in the process. To have another working in the shop would actually slow me down for quite some time as I would be monitoring their work and doing mine. It's one thing to have someone know how to use a tool, and another to know how to use it correctly and then have the experience to put it all into play. I have over 30 steps in the manufacturing of my holsters. Most of these are actual things that are being done to the holster during construction, and many are evaluation steps to decide if it continues or is restarted. As for simple holsters....nothing is really simple unless you are skipping some of the quality steps, short-changing the finishing process, etc.

I hate backlogs, too, however, there really is nothing that can be done to avoid it. In my case I do not charge customers to be on the waiting list. I charge only when I am starting their holster. The time on the waiting list can be utilized by the customer to assure what they are looking for, which firearm they want in their holster, change their mind about color, or change holster designs. I have had all of the above occur during a customer's time on my list and I cheerfully accept their changes. In some cases I have made changes in mid-construction as I know that the "old" order can be something used later for another customer.

Another factor to consider is that one-man shops have to try to find a balance between keeping orders rolling in, answering phones, making calls, writing and answering emails, and answering questions in forums such as this one. All of which makes for a long day....which brings up another factor to consider: prices are such that all of the above combined with the actual cost of materials and labor do not leave much room for profit. I make enough for me, but there would never be enough to share with another worker without raising prices.

Here are a few pics of holsters that represent Bluegrass Holster products:

First, the Mason-Dixon EC (extra cant) which is a convertible OWB to IWB holster. This one in cowhide....

This is the original prototype of the Horsehide Ghost Tuckable IWB:

We will be taking orders for Horsehide products shortly. I will offer the horsehide with the same quality and degree of molding available in my standard holsters.

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this forum. I will be happy to answer any questions.

Your links to your site are being directed elsewhere.
Richmond, VA
rgmcree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #67
XDTalk Member

Member #: 86361
I like my Old Faithful holster.

Old Faithful Holsters - The Holster Store of Most Comfortable Gun Holsters
FigmoDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #68
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 91120
New Holster company

Here is a new one I just found

BearCreek Metalwork in New Braunfels Texas
dal1rzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:38 AM   #69
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 22296
Can we add Pride Holsters

www.prideholsters.com

They make kydex/leather hybrids, but not in the same way as the other hybrid makers.

Pretty unique, at least in what I've seen.

Federal weapon statutes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
cce1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:32 PM   #70
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 91609
I didn't see Harwell Holsters on the list. I wear their Clip and Go.
JRxdm4045 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » Gear Talk

Search tags for this page
dm bullard coupon
dm bullard coupon code
dm bullard coupon codes
glock 19 concealment holster
nightingale

remora coupon code

remora holster coupon code

remora holster coupons
simply rugged coupon code

sticky holster

sticky holster coupon

sticky holster voucher
sticky holsters
sticky holsters coupon
sticky holsters coupon code
Click on a term to search for related topics.