• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

MDJ Holsters over Crossbreed!!

This is a discussion on MDJ Holsters over Crossbreed!! within the Gear Talk forums, part of the Armory Talk category; I have purchased a few Crossbreed super tucks and recently an Ohai for my bag and to velcro under the dash. I have always been ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » Gear Talk » MDJ Holsters over Crossbreed!!

Old 08-17-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 30894
MDJ Holsters over Crossbreed!!

I have purchased a few Crossbreed super tucks and recently an Ohai for my bag and to velcro under the dash. I have always been very satisfied with Crossbreeds products and service. The only problem is when you buy a gun and need a holster you are going to be waiting A LONG time.

So after ordering the Ohai for my new Glock I decided I didn't want to wait that long for the supertuck IWB. I ended up finding a company that makes leather & Kydex holsters that look exactly the same. Quality, materials, and design are all the same. The big difference is wait time and cost. For the cost of one Crossbreed I got two MDJ holsters (appendix carry, and an IWB just like the supertuck). The best part is they shipped next day!!

If you are in the market for a holster definitely check out MDJ holsters. I am very satisfied!!
tsmith33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 92494
Any idea on a web page for them/ where to buy one?
tundradave24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Here is the link

http://www.mdjholsters.com/servlet/StoreFront
Old 08-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #4
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 84
Frankly, that looks like an exact copy of Crossbreed's holster... I find it hard to believe that they came up with an exact copy of Mark's design all on their own. Is this the same company that claimed at one time to actually make the CrossBreed holster for Mark?

Intolerance
applies only to principles, but never to persons."
~ Fulton J. Sheen, 1931 "The Curse of Broadmindedness"
loonybin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #5
XDTalk Member

Member #: 94615
Quote:
Originally Posted by loonybin View Post
Frankly, that looks like an exact copy of Crossbreed's holster... I find it hard to believe that they came up with an exact copy of Mark's design all on their own. Is this the same company that claimed at one time to actually make the CrossBreed holster for Mark?
I bought a fox holster and it looks the same, even the same looking metal clips..

I noticed on the link it mentions a second pad where would or how does a second pad work or go.

"Hybrid Kydex/Leather Holster with adjustable retention with two leather pads for IWB "
masterchither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #6
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 87022
Sentry Gunleather

Shaun's customer service is awesome. The product quality is amazing. Plus their a sponsor of this site. Where can you go wrong? Turnaround is only a couple of weeks at the moment.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealbyter View Post
Sentry Gunleather

Shaun's customer service is awesome. The product quality is amazing. Plus their a sponsor of this site. Where can you go wrong? Turnaround is only a couple of weeks at the moment.
I looked on their site, and the turn around is 2 months+. I guess I think you can go wrong with twice the price and 10-20 times the wait.

I don't have any issues with Crossbreed, I just purchased an ohai from them. I was excited to find a faster less expensive alternative for my IWB holster that I need more urgently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonybin View Post
I don't know anything about MDJ holster other than the things I stated from my recent order. I am assuming they are doing business legally, and if they aren't Crossbreed should go after them for infringing on their patent. If they don't have a patent and MJD is making a competing product then I am comfortable making a decision based on things that matter to me (cost, quality, turn around time). If you make your decisions based on who invented something and who sponsors this site then by all means follow that logic.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #8
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 25708
Well here's one big difference:

Crossbreed (Posted right on the front page):
Quote:
LIFETIME WARRANTY: Once you receive your holster you have two weeks to try it out, if it doesn't work for you, simply give us a ring and we will buy it back. Even after your two-week-try-it-free period is over, the holster still carries a lifetime warranty and we will repair or replace it as long as you own it if it fails you in any way under normal use.
I have had to use the warranty a couple of times now. It was super easy and always no questions asked. If I would have had to buy a new holster or possibly even pay for the repairs, it might have cost more than the Crossbreed in the long run.

MDJ:
Quote:
MDJ Store offers the following Returns Policy:

Items must be returned within 14 days

Refund will be given as: Money back or Replacement at buyers choice

Return Shipping will be paid by: Buyer

Merchandise must be in NEW condition as shipped initially. Items that are used, worn, damaged or modified WILL NOT be accepted for refund. Refund will be for purchase price LESS initial shipping cost. Refund will be issued after the return is received and meets the above requirements.
I do wonder if Crossbreed has changed though since the Mark era. My dad had a heck of a time trying to buy a blem holster from them.
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom... The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else... You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.”
--Dr. Adrian Rogers
"The first five days after the weekend are always the hardest."
-- My wife
Wired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 89694
Then again, when you're paying 25% of the price, I don't mind a lessor warranty. I can replace it 3 times and be even...
Old 08-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wired View Post
Well here's one big difference:

Crossbreed (Posted right on the front page):

I have had to use the warranty a couple of times now. It was super easy and always no questions asked. If I would have had to buy a new holster or possibly even pay for the repairs, it might have cost more than the Crossbreed in the long run.

MDJ:

I do wonder if Crossbreed has changed though since the Mark era. My dad had a heck of a time trying to buy a blem holster from them.

What is this nonsense? Everyone wants to buy more expensive crap? I don't get it. I like crossbreed as well, but I certainly didn't think twice about buying an MDJ at 1/2 the price wen they are the same.

You quoted a warranty on one and a return policy on the other. Not really the same at all. On another part of their site MDJ guarantees 100% customer satisfaction. I would be interested in the details of the MDJ warranty. It is not posted.

I expected people to be a bit more excited about a quality product that is significantly less expensive and readily available. I know I was thrilled when I stumbled on it.

I guess the fanboys of anything are not easily swayed. I have never understood that mentality. It is almost like people think they are personal friends with someone because they bought a holster from them. To me leather and kydex is leather and kydex. I could care less who sells it to me. Two is always better than one if the quality is equivalent. Especially when two come really fast.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » Gear Talk

crossbreed holster, holster reviews, supertuck

Search tags for this page
crossbreed appendix
crossbreed appendix carry
crossbreed appendix carry holster
crossbreed appendix carry review
holsters like crossbreed
m p 9mm mjd holster
mdj appendix holster review
mdj holster
mdj holster comfort
mdj holster review
mdj holster reviews
mdj holster vs crossbreed holster

mdj holsters

mdj holsters review
mjd holster
mjd holsters
Click on a term to search for related topics.