• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

blackhawk serpa for open carry?

This is a discussion on blackhawk serpa for open carry? within the Gear Talk forums, part of the Armory Talk category; Many instructors do not allow them in self defense classes due to the risk of negligent discharge. They have a reputation for it. Sent from ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » Gear Talk » blackhawk serpa for open carry?

Old 01-22-2013, 12:08 PM   #11
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 23311
Many instructors do not allow them in self defense classes due to the risk of negligent discharge. They have a reputation for it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Up to a point a man's life is shaped by environment, heredity, and movements and changes in the world about him; then there comes a time when it lies within his grasp to shape the clay of his life into the sort of thing he wishes to be. ... Everyone has it within his power to say, this I am today, that I shall be tomorrow
Louis Dearborn L'Amour

You may now carry on with your absurd non-directional bantering.
Yocan
mirage2521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #12
XDTalk Member

Member #: 85221
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage2521 View Post
Many instructors do not allow them in self defense classes due to the risk of negligent discharge. They have a reputation for it.

Wow ive not heard that before...interesting
kyboy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #13
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 72861
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage2521 View Post

This is a misconception. The reason these holsters have been blamed for NDs in the past is due to misuse. If you use the holster according to it's purpose, you will never accidentally shoot your firearm because of it.
Noble .22 pump short long LR
Fileobrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #14
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 75364
From the stories I have seen it was a ND upon reholster due to a shirt or draw string getting caught in the trigger guard during reholster. I am just a nurse with no actual training bit if your going to reholster make sure your holster is clear and your finger is off the trigger and function check your equipment before you use it and I daily carry with a black hawk
Furthermore if you want a bit different style check out safari land or the 5.11 thumbdrive or even the raven holsters
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
painkiller0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #15
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 72861
Quote:
Originally Posted by painkiller0007 View Post
From the stories I have seen it was a ND upon reholster due to a shirt or draw string getting caught in the trigger guard during reholster. I am just a nurse with no actual training bit if your going to reholster make sure your holster is clear and your finger is off the trigger and function check your equipment before you use it and I daily carry with a black hawk
Furthermore if you want a bit different style check out safari land or the 5.11 thumbdrive or even the raven holsters
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
^^^This. I have had my shirt catch in between my firearm and the holster when I holster my weapon. Safariland makes excellent holsters, they're used by law enforcement around the country.
Noble .22 pump short long LR
Fileobrother is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » Gear Talk

Search tags for this page
5.11 thumb drive vs. blackhawk serpa

black hawk serpa open carry

blackhawk serpa for open carry

is the blackhawk serpa good for open carry
leval 3 serpa smith & wesson
open carry
open carry blackhawk serpa
serpa level 2 or 3 for armed guard

serpa open carry

serpa thumb release strength?
texas open carry level 2 holster
Click on a term to search for related topics.