• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Crossbreed is pretty chunky. Anything else out there that's thinner

This is a discussion on Crossbreed is pretty chunky. Anything else out there that's thinner within the Gear Talk forums, part of the Armory Talk category; Originally Posted by GT Jon Have to agree here. Anything thinner and the mouth won't stay open for reholstering. Want to keep wearing skinnyjean emopants? ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » Gear Talk » Crossbreed is pretty chunky. Anything else out there that's thinner

Old 01-22-2013, 11:44 AM   #21
XDTalk Member

Member #: 81024
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Jon View Post
Have to agree here. Anything thinner and the mouth won't stay open for reholstering. Want to keep wearing skinnyjean emopants? Don't carry an XDSC. That's why I went with a S&W Shield 9mm.

*shakes his skinnyjean emopants butt*

Haha yes. That's exactly why I'm looking for a shield in 9mm. I like to consider my pants "fashionably skinny", not emo

Sent from my S3 w/ Tapatalk
RayXDm is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-22-2013, 11:47 AM   #22
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 74142
Time to suck it up and tighten the belt. You're carrying a gun not an ipod.

edit: I really hope you guys are kidding with the skinny jeans, your man card is at stake here.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #23
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 83835
It's not the holster, it's the gun. The XDM is a double stack and wider that your Kahr. Perhaps you'd be more comfortable with a single stack XDS - it will compare more closely with the Kahr, while having all the features of the XDM (except for the size).

Then again, if the reason you prefer the XDM is the wider grip, then you're faced with the classic CCW dilemma: bigger gun (easier to shoot), or smaller gun (easier to conceal)?

Other thoughts is a Comp Tac CTAC. It's about as minimalist of a holster as you can get:

Inside Waistband Holsters - products new home - C-TAC Holster
TonyDedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #24
XDTalk Member

Member #: 86752
TonyDedo - thanks for the insight on the CompTac. Hadn't seen that one before and will look into it. Looks like there would be less excess material there - so theoretcially it should use less space in the jeans. Might lose some comfort though.

Guys - I don't have an iPod, and ya'll don't wanna see me in skinny jeans. Also I would love an XDS if came in 9 and I doub very seriaouly that's gonna happen anytime soon. Just not a 45 fan. Everything else I have is 9 or 40 and personally for something that small, Id prefer a 9. Also looked at the shield. Had an M&P 40 that I couldn't shoot worth a crap. I didn't like the trigger on the M&P so I'll not be looking at those. I like the 2 passive safeties of the XD. It's why I'm moving away from the PM9 with manual safety and another reason why I won't go with a Shield.
BBQGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #25
XDTalk Member

Member #: 78878
You didn't mention it, but at $40 I'd guess your hybrid is cowhide, and that you got for a really good price.

See you owned a Glock, did you ever try carrying it in a hybrid holster so you have something to compare it to versus a PM9 single stack? I would guess it's width is similar to an XD since they are both double stack.

You can shave a little off the leather width by choosing horsehide over cowhide. It is more expensive and slightly less comfortable than the thicker cowhide, but I find the horsehide leather to be about 1/2 the thickness of the 8/9 cowhide used in a typical hybrid. One benefit of horsehide is it is a denser product, so it's less likely to absorb moisture as quickly as cowhide.

You are not going to shave the width of the gun except by getting something thinner, perhaps something in the same caliber, but in a single stack.

I have the XDS and XDm compact in .45 with a hybrid holster for each and both carry equally as well with a slight edge to the XDS because it's a little thinner.

Feel it helps to go up one pant size. It may help some to try out some pants with the elastic waistband for a bit more give. I not thinking of the kind where the whole jean material has elastic material in it, but just the waistband. I think most of the major brands carry them.

Lastly make sure you have a good gun belt. With most holster styles a good gun belt makes a huge difference on how well it carries.
B2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #26
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 44205
BBQGuru,

Your wish been been granted.
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TheFi...3/-koVurxG3Hk/

Sent from my XT875

Do or do not, there is no try. - Little Green Wrinkly dude

What do I know of YOU, who spoke me into motion - Addison Road "What do I know of Holy"

Removed gun count cause I lost them all...tragic.
Jvance325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:51 PM   #27
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 51107
I have a Crossbreed Supertuck, and while I think its a decent IWB holster, I do not use it as much, because I prefer my Milt Sparks Versa Max 2. When I use the VM2 I don't even feel the firearm at all, and can even fall asleep with it on laying down. Long lead time for the holster to be made though, unless you find a used one, or a place that happens to have one in inventory. They are not cheap to buy, and very well hand made leather holster.
MCL Member

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
Father Kevin Keaney, 1st Marine Div Chaplain, Korean War
USMCBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #28
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 44190
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBubbs View Post
Time to suck it up and tighten the belt. You're carrying a gun not an ipod.

edit: I really hope you guys are kidding with the skinny jeans, your man card is at stake here.
What was that? I can't hear you over how FABULOUS my butt looks in these skinnyjean emopants!

*shakes ass at Bubbs*

Old 01-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #29
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 74977
oh man, you did it now. saying you dont like the better-than-sliced-bread crossbread is like slappin someones mama. BUT, i agree.
Taurus PT111

And when I'm done, he'll bow before me - because I am, and always will be, The King of Battle.
smencinias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #30
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 74142
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Jon View Post
What was that? I can't hear you over how FABULOUS my butt looks in these skinnyjean emopants!

*shakes ass at Bubbs*

Careful, you may not like what comes next!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » Gear Talk

Search tags for this page

cbst n82

crossbreed holsters forum
crossbreed minituck xd9sc

crossbreed vs mic

foxx holsters suck

is there something else out there?
iwb holster for the kimber super carry pro hd, left handed
kahr k40 minituck
kimber super carry custom hd holster owb
little foxx holster xd40sc
mic holster or crossbreed
n82 pro vs little foxx
owb holsters for kimber super carry pro
Click on a term to search for related topics.